Author Topic: Direct to Consumer 2005-2007  (Read 32491 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 9, 2006, 08:08 AM »
I picked this up today at our yearly antique show.  8)

Nice Grab.  It looks like it is in Decent condition.  Most of the Antique show finds I come across are all backyard rescues it appears.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #106 on: April 9, 2006, 01:32 PM »
Found the wave 3 comic packs at TRU this weekend. I wasn't too interested in the Vietnam pack, but I did get the one with Spirit, Cover Girl, and Hannibal.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2006, 02:55 AM »
Because HasbroToyShop.com had a discount I ordered a DTC Low Light (one of my favorite classic Joes) and the comic 3-pack with Stalker, Snake Eyes and Stormshadow from Vietnam. 

I'm kind of disappointed in all 4 of the figures. 

Low Light, although he looks pretty good and I like the updated sniper rifle, has new arm joints that I don't like.  How long has the Joe line been using this new peg elbow instead of the riveted elbow and swivel bicep?  I picked up some late-wave 2-packs at retail that I didn't open (and they're boxed away right now) and I didn't think they'd changed to this new style?  He also has no neck to speak of which makes it hard to pose him prone behind his rifle.  Granted, not a lot of Joes look great that way but LL suffers from a short neck post and a high collar on his jacket.

Other than that, the paint apps are great, the uniform has a very vintage feel to it and the removable goggles are cool.  I just kind of like some of the VvV and Spy Troops figs better I guess.

As for the 3-pack, I don't like some of these figures either.  In general I like the vintage style bodies but I do like the new articulated wrists on the new figs.  Stalker is pretty good overall and the possibly the best of the set.  I'd have preferred a ball joint neck post though.  Good paint and the head sculpt is nice.

Snake Eyes just misses and it's more because of his hands than anything.  Only one hand (left) is really good for holding any accessories which kind of sucks.  I do love the detailed paint on the boonie hat and the shadowed eyes is a brilliant move.  I'd forgotten he carried the M-60 in the comic and it seems odd to think of Snake carrying something so big and unwieldy.  Second best in the 3-pack.

Stormshadow...I hate this figure.  The head sculpt sucks, I don't like the tank top and his hands are terrible.  He can't really hold anything in his right hand and the left barely works for his bow.  The bow looks nice, though, as do the arrows, but the quiver I don't like.  It feels kind of fragile and the shape of the sling is such that you can't really sling it over his back when he has his web gear on.  The web gear, although nice on some figures, doesn't work for me on Stormshadow.  I was really disappointed in this one and he was kind of the reason I bought the set.

I also thought they could have done a better job matching up Stalker's weapon to that in the comic.  They didn't do bad with Storm and Snake but the puny M16 that Stalker has is nothing compared to the night-scoped and silenced model shown in the comic.

I also ran into some DTC figures at TRU a week ago and the Monkey Wrench fig looked good as did the Cobra Trooper and Grand Slam.  I didn't buy them and after seeing Low Light I don't know if I'll bother.  Too bad.  With the new cards I was thinking about picking up this line but now, eh.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2006, 04:33 AM »
Since some of these are showing at TRU I may get some of the 3-packs...  The one with Covergirl looks nice, as does the Vietnam one.  The Sigma Six stuff isn't selling around here, so I'm glad to hear basics are back to some extent.

I was wanting to pick up some of those single-carded figures too, I hope they're out and about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2006, 01:05 AM »
Best ebay auction EVER.

And that's no joke. This is seriously the most amazing auction I've ever seen. And I was happy just to bring home one of the comic 3-packs today.  :o

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Holy.  ****.   :o

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Wow  :o

2 Terrordromes, 3 USS Flaggs and a Defiant.

Not quite sure if all that is worth 10K, but that is definitely the biggest Joe auction I've seen.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2006, 10:06 PM »
I just ordered a 2005 Cobra Snow Serpent off SciFiGenre, it should arrive in about a week. Does anyone know if they still sell the 2005 3 3/4 Joes at places like TRU or Target? I might think about getting in to this line.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2006, 12:16 AM »
They're at TRU, sporadically. Mine has only received a few cases of singles from waves 2 and 3, and a bunch of cases of wave 3 comic packs. They also have vehicles and 6-packs. I've seen the Viper Lockdown 6-pack, the Ice Sabre, and the new HISS at my local TRU, though I've heard of the Night Ops Humvee and the earlier 6-packs showing up at other TRUs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2006, 02:09 AM »
I see them out here often enough.  I honestly need to pick up some of these new figures...  They're almost too good to pass.  The Snowserpant was one of my favorites so I gotta get the new one.

The 3 packs are outstanding too...  I just gotta get extra $$$ for things like this.  tough to justify when SW is draining the wallet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2006, 10:36 PM »
I picked up the Cover girl 3pack. Id have picked up more it they had them.

The Sigma Sux line isnt doing to well here either. They were finally going in the right dorection with the  3 3/4 joe line. The last couple of waves were great. What the hell were they smoking when they came up with the idea to enlarge them to 8 in? ???

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Picked up the DTC Cobra Range Viper at TRU.

They didn't have the HISS, which is what I was looking for, just Single Packs Wave 2 and a case of Ice Sabres.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Came home with with a DTC comic 3-pack after visiting TRU. The pack includes Breaker, Scarlett, Cobra Commander, and a reprint of Marvel's GI Joe #9.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 1, 2006, 12:27 AM »
If anyone here is a member of the GI Joe collector's club did you get your 12" or 3.75" subscription figure yet?

I got my 12" Foreign Adventurer yesterday and it's really cool.  Picked up the exclusive accessory set as well and it makes a great set when all put together.

Now I can't wait for the con to be over (it's this weekend) so I can get my 12" con set!!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 1, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Came home with with a DTC comic 3-pack after visiting TRU. The pack includes Breaker, Scarlett, Cobra Commander, and a reprint of Marvel's GI Joe #9.

I wish my local TRU would get that pack in. I've been waiting for a not-sucky Scarlett for years now.