Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41515 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2011, 04:30 AM »
The Lava Pod was quite difficult to find.  The pod itself is lame, but the Volcano Viper is a super awesome figure.  The guy with the Quad is technically Leatherneck, although he's got Gung Ho's head.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2011, 06:46 PM »
In the GIJ vehicle w/figure line for the movie, was the Lava Pod thing hard to find?  It has a freaky Lava Viper with it...  Saw one this evening and hadn't really seen it before.  There was a Gung Ho with the Quad as well it seemed.  Another thing I don't quite recall.

That wave of vehicles hit Walmart in Canada and then Ross in the US, but I think that's about it besides maybe some online stores.  It suffered the same fate as the third wave of Target fig/vehicle exclusives; cancelled.

I think we're lucky that Ross ended up with these, it puts them on the market and even at eBay prices, they're more affordable than if they only released in Canada or overseas.

Actually, Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Family Dollar, Five Below and even TRU Express (and maybe a couple other places) really helped the collector community out.  TJ Maxx, FD, FB and TRU Express carried a lot of the end waves of 25th and Ross pulled out all these ROC items that never hit normal retail.

It's sad that we had to rely on these types of stores, but I'm glad to have the chance at some of this stuff for a better price than if it were never released.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2011, 09:32 PM »
OK, let me ask then about a ROC Submarine with a GI Joe in a Tossle Cap...  that uncommon too?  I saw it this evening at ROSS, and the Lava Pod...  Saw the Lava Pod and quad with Leatherneck at Rose's, a store I believe is only east coast and new to Pittsburgh all together I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2011, 10:33 PM »
OK, let me ask then about a ROC Submarine with a GI Joe in a Tossle Cap...  that uncommon too?  I saw it this evening at ROSS, and the Lava Pod...  Saw the Lava Pod and quad with Leatherneck at Rose's, a store I believe is only east coast and new to Pittsburgh all together I think.

Yes, the Polar Sharc sub was also part of the wave that never saw mass retail release in the USA. The sub being irritating to some considering it was actually in the movie, and probably should've been released earlier.

I'd forgotten that Desert Rock Slide...a vehicle that makes no sense. Try using a ski mobile in any desert, see how far you get.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2011, 03:49 AM »
I opened one of the Lava Pods I got tonight...  That's a pretty badass figure indeed.  I'm giving my bro the Submarine though I may wind up taking that back if he doesn't want it.

That Lava Cobra is really neat though...  Very well done, and now I see where that Bio-Hazard Viper is from.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Looks like the final wave of cancelled Alpha vehicles is showing up at Borders (whom are going out of business)  Picked up 2 Lava Pods for those awesome Vipers @ 40% off $10.70.  Didn't care for the others, but x2 cases so ya.  Happy to finally have a couple of these dudes in this color at a somewhat decent price.

Take that ROSS!   >:(
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:15 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2011, 11:21 PM »
That's interesting.  I don't recall ever seeing any ROC toys at Borders back in 2009.  They had a lot of stock of the Avatar toys for a while but other than some NECA Harry Potter stuff, during movie releases, they weren't big on toys.

Good pick up either way.  That figure is pretty decent.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Ya I didn't even know they carried like Hasbro type toys but got tipped off by a local.  Apparently they also have some htf TF RTS type stuff as well.  Oh and Tuesday Morning stores also had some sprinklings of the final wave of alphas - at least here in the Twin Cities.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2011, 10:05 AM »
I wonder if Borders is in any way affiliated with those other stores via the liquidator that's handling the closings?  I wonder if they are dumping stuff into Borders stores to clear it out of warehouses somewhere?

E...

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2011, 10:28 PM »
I just found a fresh batch of these exclusives at Ross today and snagged a second lava viper.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2011, 09:43 AM »
I just found a fresh batch of these exclusives at Ross today and snagged a second lava viper.

Curse you and your ROSS find!   >:(   ;)   I've just been too lazy all this time to track some of these dudes down on eBay or to reach out to Hiss so am very happy I lazily stumbled upon these.

Is this Volcano Viper guy the same as the Hazard dude that's popping up in stores - just different color?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Yeah, it is the same figure, though the new orange version comes with some cool accessories and is also prepared to safely forage in the wilderness during deer hunting season.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21 AM »
If anyone finds an extra Tiger Paw ATV or Polar Sharc they don't want, could you please think of me? Can't seem to get a good deal on these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2011, 07:47 AM »
If anyone finds an extra Tiger Paw ATV or Polar Sharc they don't want, could you please think of me? Can't seem to get a good deal on these.

PM sent.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: September 5, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Anyone happen to have an extra Low Light?  I have the Cobra Tracker guy I'd trade for him or could buy.  I never got one.  Never saw them in stores even.  :-\