Author Topic: G.I. Joe Mech Suits  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Mech Suits
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:40 PM »
I got some boxed images of the upcoming GIJ Mech suits...  I'm not sure if this is news or not, so I figured I'd just share with you guys in here.

Cobra Mech Front & Back Boxed (Click Images to check out photo)

G.I. Joe Mech Front & Back Boxed (Click Images to check out photo)

Mech suits, to me, always seemed like cooler GI Joe technology than they were sometimes given in the past.  At least a little more on the evolutionary chart of military junk.  So I dig these I guess, from an outsider's perspective anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Mech Suits
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Ya these were up a few weeks ago and I still plan on nabbing them even though the arms kinda suck, but I guess that's more of a feature for the kiddos.  I guess there's a third Sigma 6 mech suit that didn't get the upscale treatment so hopefully it'll wind up someday.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:49 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 12:40 PM »
I don't really care for them personally; if I do get them they will used for SW custom walkers of some sort.  The figures that come with them though look awesome to me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 01:49 PM »
I think these look clumsy and awkward.  I'd much rather see something closer to the Avatar suit or even the loader from Aliens.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 04:17 PM »
I'm not really a huge fan either.  I probably won't buy any of them but I do think it's an interesting idea and I hope it's successful for Hasbro.  If they were going to pick a Sigma 6 ship to redesign for the 3.75" line I would have liked them to do the gunship.  I have one of the Sigma 6 versions but never got around to upgrading the cockpit to fit the larget figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"