Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103765 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 2, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Wow, quite a group of figures revealed there.  Not really interested in the movie stuff, but some of it looks ok.  Just knowing myself, I know I'll probably end up picking up a basic Snake Eyes figure - but beyond that I just don't know.  I really want this movie to be good, but from what we've seen/read so far, it isn't sounding the best.  I'm not sure about that look for CC either.  Maybe it just wouldn't be as realistic, but I'd rather see the smooth style faceplate and/or hood to this version - but I know that movies are big on being able to at least see the actor's eyes to help with acting (or constantly removing the mask as often happens in the Spidey movies).  There's just something cool about the "faceless" look to CC.  I remember as a kid talking with friends about what was "behind the mask/under the hood" of Cobra Commander, whether he was even human, etc.  Similar to the way it was with Vader (and also Fett) prior to his reveal back then.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #122 on: April 2, 2009, 11:51 AM »
That Ice Viper looks pretty bad ass and that sled thing looks familiar - I can't quite put my finger on it.  I'm actually not really dissapointed in these or the repaints for that matter, but I'm still hoping that the movie sucks so I won't be sucked into these.  Never really paid attention to the actors I guess, but Duke looks like a punk bitch.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #123 on: April 2, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Some of those look pretty awesome actually.  Paris Pursuit SE and SS look insanely cool to me...  I thought the Arctic Cobra was pretty great...  His sled thing is, I believe, off a cobra snow vehicle...  My brother had that, not me, so I don't recall its name exactly.

Really though, Cover Girl and Scarlet rock...  Very nice figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #124 on: April 2, 2009, 03:54 PM »
I think I'm in agreement here.  The Ice-Viper rocks and the Paris Pursuit SS & SE are nicely done.  I like Scarlett but the Cover Girl figure is just okay IMO, not as hyped about that one. 

I may end up with a couple of these figures but I know I'm not going to be buying the full line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #125 on: April 2, 2009, 08:44 PM »
I have a feeling I am going to like the Movie Line much more than the Movie itself.

That Firefly has a bunch of accessories, that Ice Viper (Snow board viper?) is neat, the unmasked Storm Shadow is pretty cool too and that Shipwreck has some win as well.

The biggest let down for me is the style they used on the army builders... the Vipers and Neo Vipers are CRAP on a Stick...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #126 on: April 2, 2009, 10:11 PM »
I was never a big fan of the later army builders anyway.  To me, Cobra is always going to made up of Cobra Troopers, Officers, Televipers, and Crimson Guard. :)  Oh, and Eels/Snow Serpants of course...  And I would say the paraviper is insanely cool as well.

When they went onto all those other guys though (Vipers, Alley Vipers, Techno Vipers, Wiper Vipers, Pharmacist Vipers, Custodial Engineering Vipers, Teaching Certified Vipers, etc.), I really wasn't into all those.  The earlier army guys were the best.

I think the Resolute Cobra Troopers are without a doubt far cooler than all those other guys Hasbro whipped up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #127 on: April 2, 2009, 10:34 PM »
I was hoping that Hasbro would get around to the Night Viper in the 25th line, but no dice. That was really my last favorite from RAH they didn't get around to, so it was a pretty good run.

Has the big H said anything anything about this line coming back after the movie line?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #128 on: April 2, 2009, 10:42 PM »
The figures are neat, for the most part - the Ice Viper is definitely the best thing about the movie, so far.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #129 on: April 4, 2009, 03:04 PM »
The "snowboard" included with the Ice Viper did, in fact, come with a 1980's-era vehicle, namely the Cobra Wolf.  There were two of them that sat on the right top side of the vehicle, and they acted as "ski missles" of sorts, I guess.  That vehicle was one of my favorite toys growing up, what with the way the driver and passenger seats were set up.

Cobra Wolf on YoJoe.com's archive

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #130 on: April 4, 2009, 05:42 PM »
When they went onto all those other guys though (Vipers, Alley Vipers, Techno Vipers, Wiper Vipers, Pharmacist Vipers, Custodial Engineering Vipers, Teaching Certified Vipers, etc.), I really wasn't into all those.  The earlier army guys were the best.

I think the Resolute Cobra Troopers are without a doubt far cooler than all those other guys Hasbro whipped up.

I was a big fan of ANYTHING viper and the Alley Viper and Techno were two of my faves.  I always remember outfitting my HISS 2 or 3 or whatever with all of my Vipers in the rear "storage area"  Most of my original Joes were stolen from me in 84-86, but I had tons from latter 86-89 so they bring back a lot of memories.

I don't really care much for any of the Resolute figs outside of the insanely awesome BAT of course.  What is it April 25th that the show debuts on Cartoon Network?  Midnight?  I hope it's very violent.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #131 on: April 9, 2009, 02:15 PM »
I borrowed the pics.....It's nice to know exactly what accessories we're getting with these guys, but it would be nicer to know when the sets will be available.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #132 on: April 9, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Now for a good party trick get Alyosha to tell you every part on the figs and what is new and what is re-used...

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #133 on: April 9, 2009, 03:38 PM »
WTF?  I thought for sure they would paint the Eel helmet orange and give that to Wet-Suit instead of just ditching him with the Torpedo mask.

Effing corner cutters. 
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #134 on: April 9, 2009, 08:38 PM »
WTF?  I thought for sure they would paint the Eel helmet orange and give that to Wet-Suit instead of just ditching him with the Torpedo mask.

Effing corner cutters. 

Ya that is pretty lame - especially since Wet Suit had a better styled helmet - but this is the classics last "hu-rah" before the hiatus so I can't blame Hasbro.  Hopefully these get carded individually after the movie crap, but I'm not holding my breath with Hasbro's cryptic answers.  Can't they just tell us yes or no if this line will continue?  Meh...Wish I had a cooler Night Raven to go with the Strato Viper.