Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104299 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I'd love to get a Serpentor DVD pack on clearance or discounted price, plus the SRO 3 packs that have Cutter and the Divers or the one with Wild Bill and Starduster.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2009, 04:02 PM »
I am on the hunt then!  I did NOT see the Serpentor DVD pack...  They had the one with the tray with boxes on it, and glowing snake eyes...  Do you want that set at all?  I could use the little accessories from it and the MASS device part... 

They also had the set with Roadblock and the viney thing.

The SRO sets you mentioned are the only ones they had so I'll be hunting for more of those now for you guys. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2009, 01:41 AM »
I don't know a lot about GI Joe, but I've heard these are new and/or interesting...  forgive me if they are old news.  ;)

Some Walmart 2-Packs:

And some new ROC figures:

I tihnk that Pit Soldier is going to be popular just because of all the gear he comes with...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Thanks for Posting these Jeff.

These will be in my possession within a week, so I will get detailed pics for everyone.

I have not seen this Particular EEL or Pit trooper anywhere before.  And yes, that Pit Trooper is an Army Builder dream come true.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2009, 02:58 PM »
I *hope* i hate the movie.  Even though most of the figs look pretty cool despite the horrid mega missle launchers....Not even sure if I want to go after all the 25th repaints or not.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2009, 05:05 PM »
I can back up the ROSS stories... I 've gotten 7 SRO 3-packs (Pilots and Navy), and there's tons of DVD packs (only two different ones though).  I also saw a Crimson Guard pack, and a pack of Greenshirts Vs. Firefly in blue camo.

Not much else but if you're into weird Star Wars **** I saw skate boards, roller skates, and other nonsense that got the Clone Wars/Star Wars logo stamped on it.

I also spotted stuff at TJ Maxx or Marshall's.  One or the other, I can't recall which though now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2009, 07:08 PM »
That Commando figure is the Movie Blue Dusty that was shown early on that the guys in HK were calling "Airborne".

I got one with just the vest from one of those vendors.  Looks like it comes with a ton of extra gear.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #232 on: June 3, 2009, 06:58 PM »
Smalljoes has w5 vehicles in stock.  Never ordered from them so I dunno.  Hopefully that means that BBTS & EE won't be too far behind.

**EDIT - 6:20 CST OUT OF STOCK
« Last Edit: June 3, 2009, 08:24 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #233 on: June 3, 2009, 10:26 PM »
Smalljoes is a good place to order from. I got the first two waves of the 25th line from there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #234 on: June 4, 2009, 02:32 AM »
Smalljoes is ok...  I find their pricing habits to be scalper-ish at times, but that's my opinion.  They're reliable as a company in general though, when placing orders I believe.  They tend to bump a lot of prices though if they think they'll make an extra buck, rather than keeping everything even, which is a practice I dislike and which causes me to stay away generally.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #235 on: June 4, 2009, 07:01 AM »
I'm going to give a bump to the Outer Rim Collectibles in case anyone is looking for a good place to purchase Joes. Prices are fair, though steep on some items, but there is a large selection of toys. I know the owner, and I'm sure he'll be stocking the Wave 5 vehicles soon enough.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #236 on: June 9, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Just a heads up, but I just got an e-mail from BBTS saying that all their 25th Joe stuff (aside from the Hall of Heroes) is now 20% as they are making room in their warehouse for all the movie stuff.  Not sure if anyone here needs anything, but there are some decent deals.  I threw one of those Destro/Breaker comic packs in my pile of loot, since I sort of always wanted to pick that up and it was only $2.40.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #237 on: June 9, 2009, 11:25 PM »
I'm done with the 25th stuff even though I'm pissed I skipped on the black masked revision Cobra trooper on more than several occasions.  Bring on the new vehicles already so I can use my EE coupon!!  Several of my Targets have been devoid of vehicles for weeks into months with the grey sticker, but I don't see these happening at retail since the movie crap will be hitting anytime now.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #238 on: June 9, 2009, 11:41 PM »
I'm going to give a bump to the Outer Rim Collectibles in case anyone is looking for a good place to purchase Joes. Prices are fair, though steep on some items, but there is a large selection of toys. I know the owner, and I'm sure he'll be stocking the Wave 5 vehicles soon enough.

That would be a great idea if he was an advertiser here.....hint hint.....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2009, 01:07 PM »
Just stopped by Target and everything GI Joe that is not Combat Heroes is on clearance at 30% off.  Finally caved and bought the Cobra 5pack and a few extra troopers.  That $5 price made it easy. 

First Joe purchase in months and it felt kinda good.   :)