Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104693 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Good lord.  I think I saw a person on a computer in one of those photos. 

Insane....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2009, 11:33 AM »
Wow, I am almost sickened by that.  It's just out of control.  Damn cool though.

What I thought was the most inspiring though was that Sail Barge.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #527 on: September 11, 2009, 12:52 PM »
Wow, the collection is crazy - and quite impressive.  Not only could I never afford to get all of that, there is no way the wife would let that much stuff in the house either :).  Really cool to see though, thanks for posting that.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #528 on: September 11, 2009, 01:10 PM »
That is crazy. This may be a totally unfair stereotype, but I'm guessing he has a nice paying job and has chosen that his future will not include marriage.

edit-didn't read very well clearly through the rest of the thread. I wish my wife was just indifferent about my toys let alone that obsessed.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:17 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #529 on: September 11, 2009, 01:14 PM »
That is crazy. This may be a totally unfair stereotype, but I'm guessing he has a nice paying job and has chosen that his future will not include marriage.

And the kicker...AireDevon is ...... a woman.  So that's right boys, we've been outdone by a girl.

That's one hardcore chick.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #530 on: September 11, 2009, 06:55 PM »
Slightly off topic, but I shipped a "pile of loot" I had sitting at BBTS for awhile with some 25th Joes I had picked up during their sale, and it makes me miss that "version" of the line with all the movie stuff dominating right now.  I finally go the Resolute Duke and Cobra Commander, and I do hope we see more figures from that theme in the future (there are a few being mixed in with the future movie stuff, right?  I want Snake Eyes in particular).  Also got the 2nd version of Firefly, which I never saw previously, and that's pretty cool as well.  Rounded things out with Airborne and some cheapo other versions of Flint/Duke (Cobra/Tiger Force).  Anyways, it just reminded me again how much I enjoy the 25th stuff, and hope it makes a return sooner than later.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Got a bunch of vinty Joes from a good bud here in MN.  Had a wonderful time getting reaquainted with these things.  These were TOYS back in the day.  Kind of a joke as to the spoils of the 25th stuff - even if they can't hold their weapons, but I still love the originals.

Question - can you use sharpies on vinty figs?  Does it hold?  Have a few with scraped paint and would like to fix them the best I can.

Thanks Steve   ;)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2009, 09:29 PM »
Thanks Steve   ;)

You're welcome, Mike! Enjoy playing with them. Got two boxes full of vehicles this weekend, too.  ;D

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #533 on: September 15, 2009, 01:52 PM »
WOW! I would give that guy a thousand bucks for that Sail Barge! That is awesome!!

Very impressive collection. I would not want the majority of it but I sure can appreciate the details and dioramas. I thought I had a lot, that's insane how she has triples of vintage boxed vehicles. She must be loaded.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #534 on: September 16, 2009, 11:11 AM »
Stopped by an out of the way WM last night and they had an entire endcap devoted to w1 & w2 ROC figs.  200 figs easy.  Aisle also had about 10-12 pegs over flowing with the same first two waves.  I've not seen this much product anywhere else, but I think those waves had their chance and I can't see them going anywhere.  Not sure how or when the Piece of Crap POC stuff will have a chance to hit retail.   :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #535 on: September 17, 2009, 01:45 AM »
Saw the $24.99 Attack on the Pit thing tonight at TRU.  Mole Pod & 5 figs - looked nice, but I don't care for the vehicle or the figs.  PASS  Back of the packaging only showed 2 Vipers and 2 Joes, but there's an extra Joe with a hat in there.  SRO sets are really starting to pile up.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #536 on: September 17, 2009, 05:14 PM »
Are you talking about the SRO sets with the green Sgt. Stone and the "Speed Metal" guy in the accelerator suit?  I want one of those...
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #537 on: September 17, 2009, 05:31 PM »
Are you talking about the SRO sets with the green Sgt. Stone and the "Speed Metal" guy in the accelerator suit?  I want one of those...

I guess so - haven't really pay too much attention to them, but they're the new Joe/Cobra ROC versions so should be.  Want me to snag you one?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #538 on: September 17, 2009, 06:34 PM »
As of right.................................  NOW I am done with Joe until something 25th/RAH-ish pop's up.  Yup I said it.  Sell your Hasbro Stock before Market opens tomorrow.  The movie line is dead to me and if I snag something it will be to get a 25th or Resolute style figure in the ROC colors (or lack of color as it is).

Too much stuff I don't like and too much to store. I am done. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #539 on: September 17, 2009, 09:31 PM »

I guess so - haven't really pay too much attention to them, but they're the new Joe/Cobra ROC versions so should be.  Want me to snag you one?

I'll be hitting a few TRUs this weekend, but if I strike out, I'd really appreciate it. I will let you know.  Thanks for the heads up, and the offer.
"Really?  Sorry."