Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104542 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #600 on: October 17, 2009, 03:18 AM »
I'll have to check out that review later, John.  Thanks for posting it, though.  I still need to pick up the 12" Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow figures but I'm not paying $20 because I really just want the outfits.  I'll be swapping them on to other figures I have.

The price dropped at Target on the basic figures here.  I was in three different Target stores this week and they were all marked down.  Nothing new at Target but I did see the 2-packs at Walmart.  Passed on them but if they're still around on Sunday when I get back I may pick up at least the Gung Ho and the Shockblast (or whatever he's being called now) sets.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #601 on: October 18, 2009, 11:26 PM »
I'm finally seeing the Charbroil wave show up at Gordman's stores.  They've been the first to get this wave and the Doctor wave in my area.

Thanks for the tip on Gordman's. Stopped at my local one today and picked up Arctic Snake-Eyes, Accelerator Suit Duke, and Night Adder.  :)

Also, Walgreen's is getting the latest figures as well. I popped into one last night, and found the white coat Dr. Lewis. I almost bought it, but the $11 price tag stopped me. I also found new figures at CVS, but they're $13 there.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Also saw the new 12" figures at a Wal Mart the other day.  Honestly I had no idea these were coming out.  I know they're cheapo figures, but I actually kind of like them.  I did a review if anyone's interested.

John

Finally had a minute to read the review.  Thanks again, John.  The Heavy Duty figure was shown off at the GI Joe Con this summer and it does look pretty good.  I'm surprised that they didn't give him the articulated (Gung Ho Grip) hands, though.  Seems cheap when compared to the others released. 

Destro does look good and may be the best deal on the total figure in the bunch.  Both the Duke and Hawk head sculpts are decent.  Makes you wonder why the team that did the Star Wars head sculpts back in the day sucked so bad when the GI Joe team has been able to do nice heads for years.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #603 on: October 21, 2009, 12:08 AM »
My local WM just cut the price on basic figs to $6 even. Not sure if it's nationwide, but this store has a LOT of figures to sell, so they desperately needed the price cut.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #604 on: October 21, 2009, 12:57 AM »
I forgot to mention that while I was out of town over the weekend I saw some of the new wave, including the Doctor, Paris Pursuit Baroness and Arctic Snake Eyes.  Snake is a pretty good looking figure.  I had the Dr. in hand and almost bought him but passed.  I'm holding out for that Resolute version of Snake that's coming later...I just hope one of my local stores sells down enough that he makes it through.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #605 on: October 21, 2009, 01:52 AM »
I saw Arctic SE and my bro didn't want him so I put him back, but he's really an outstanding looking badass.  Not sure how important he is since they made an Arctic one in the comics line, but he was a nice looking figure.  He was really bulky, a very cool white camo...  Very cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #606 on: October 21, 2009, 10:34 AM »
The $6 Joes seem to be widespread, which is good because Wal Marts are all pretty stocked up here. 

John

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #607 on: October 21, 2009, 03:55 PM »
Same here, so I'll start checking to see what I can find there now for my brother since Target's stock is depleting somewhat.  At least of the more interesting stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #608 on: October 22, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Yeah, it looks like at least all of our local Targets have cut back to $5.99, which is a much better price for these.  I wonder if it will spur sales or not.  I don't look that closely each time I'm at a store anymore, but it really seems like it is always the same figures on the pegs, not moving.  I'm curious to see what will become of this line after Christmas and everything.  I know we're headed into the "we be chasin' Cobra" themes, but I wonder how much retail support it will have if this movie stuff doesn't start to move.  I hope it gets cleared out, because I'd like to see that Resolute Snake Eyes (or is it called "City Strike" now?) make it to retail, and any other Resolute figures they want to make.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2009, 04:02 PM »
I'm noticing certain figures disappearing.  SE's, and Breaker for some reason.  Customs perhaps?  A decent generic-ish army builder? 

I never saw many Pit Commandoes.  That's one even I sorta wanted one for the parts.  I wanted the night vision, and hat, and the bulky flak body armor.  :-\  I saw two, total, and got them both for my brother.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #610 on: October 22, 2009, 04:16 PM »
I've not noticed any changes at my Targets with the price cut, but I'm sure things will change with Christmas coming up.  Heck - I still have a pile of 2 for one Joes I got at TRU that I was going to exchange for some of the newer stuff at Target, but they've just been rotting.  Might just donate them or something.

I never saw many Pit Commandoes.  That's one even I sorta wanted one for the parts.  I wanted the night vision, and hat, and the bulky flak body armor.  :-\  I saw two, total, and got them both for my brother.

Strange...I've only seen him twice as well - on two seperate occasions.  One of each variant, even though I opened them both.  Talk about having gobs of accessories.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:20 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #611 on: October 23, 2009, 12:13 AM »
I never knew they even had a variant.  I also saw them on 2 separate occasions...  never saw any together. 

My WM's GIJ selection is now $6 even per figure. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #612 on: October 23, 2009, 01:02 AM »
My WM dropped to $6 even also.  They had 1 Pit Commando on the pegs today so they must have put out a new case in the last week.  I passed him up but I've been thinking about adding one or two more to the collection.

Target dropped the Joe and SW end caps they had.  The SW cap mostly condensed into the main aisle with the exception of the X-Wings, don't know where they went. 

The GI Joe cap, I think, all went in the main aisle with maybe a handful of figures going in back somewhere.  The basic figs from the end cap were all dupes of the main aisle stash anyway.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #613 on: October 23, 2009, 10:08 AM »
I never knew they even had a variant.

They were just package variants.  One had the lil vest on, the other didn't.  One had his shield in a different position, the other didn't....blah..not really a variant for an opener I suppose.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #614 on: October 23, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Saw the Bench Press figure at TRU the other day.  Looked cool but I passed for now.  I've been passing on most of the ROC figures.