Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104740 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #630 on: November 2, 2009, 01:24 AM »
Aldi?  Damn, looks like a trip to the German Grocers is in order.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #631 on: November 2, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Saw wave 2 of the alpha vehicles at Wal-Mart this morning.  Almost bit on the cycle that comes with two Joes.  Probably should have picked that up actually.  Good deal and pretty nifty.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #632 on: November 2, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I see that the Night Raven is on sale at Target this week for $29.99.  Good call.  Would be nice to see more of this line move.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #633 on: November 2, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Saw that today as well.  Still, where do I even have room for it with all my Star Wars stuff... that is my dilemma.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #634 on: November 2, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Found a couple cases of wave 4 at my local Aldi. $6.99 each. I helped myself to a Para-Viper and Kamakura, finishing wave 4 for me.

Thanks for the tip.  I have a couple Aldi stores nearby to check because I've never seen those in stores.  Can't wait to pick up Charbroil and Night Adder.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2009, 02:26 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #635 on: November 2, 2009, 02:24 PM »
A local Marshall's had the M.A.S.S. Device packs 3, 4, and 5 for $14.99 each.  Not sure if this is noteworthy since I don't collect Joes but thought I post anyways just in case. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #636 on: November 2, 2009, 03:45 PM »
A local Marshall's had the M.A.S.S. Device packs 3, 4, and 5 for $14.99 each.  Not sure if this is noteworthy since I don't collect Joes but thought I post anyways just in case. 

#5 was almost impossible to find when it was first released (I saw it once).  I'd imagine a lot of people will buy those sets at those prices just for Quick Kick, Dusty and Alpine (the three unique figures offered only in those sets).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #637 on: November 2, 2009, 04:14 PM »
If ANYONE finds #5, my brother desperately needed that set and I've been trying to track one down for him for ages.

I'd just greatly appreciate it and stuff, if you have the extra cash handy. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #638 on: November 2, 2009, 04:28 PM »
Ya I never once saw The Best of set at retail anywhere and I was hunting pretty aggresively back then.  I lucked out and got mine off HTS during that brief window.  Heck - I only saw #3 & #4 two or three times and that was it.  You can still find #1 & #2 on clearance out here at certain stores.  Stores obviously choked on those two sets.

I'll pick up an extra #5 or two if I ever come across them for folks.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #639 on: November 2, 2009, 04:32 PM »
Anywhere with good pictures of all 5?  I don't think I've ever seen them all.  I know he needs the set with Alpine though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #640 on: November 2, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Here's detailed loose pics of Set #5 with completed MASS device.  Too lazy at the moment to look for a full set.   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #641 on: November 2, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Duke looks like he'd be funny standing in the middle of a giant brawl, holding a grenade by the pin.  Very Brick of him.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #642 on: November 2, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Also, those DVD sets are showing up at TJ Maxx. My local one didn't have any, but I did find the #2 set on clearance for $7. They also have the second wave of SRO sets for $10. I know that chain gets stuff almost daily, so you have to check pretty often to find the good stuff.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #643 on: November 3, 2009, 08:42 AM »

I bought all three of these at a Marshall's here in Minnesota a few weeks back and have seen them at other Marshall's and T.J. Maxx's.  These sets are super awesome and are well worth $14.99 each. :) 8)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #644 on: November 3, 2009, 01:25 PM »
If anyone sees #4 and #5 (I think those are the ones with Quick Kick and Alpine) I need those two and would pay a few extra bucks for your troubles.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

John