Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104358 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Yeah, Alley Viper and the like were in the vintage line...  Getting nearer to its end...  I think they came out after like Hit & Run and Chuckles...  Speaking of, outstandingly cool Chuckles and H&R figures.  I loved those two.  Rip Cord looks bitchin' too.

Honestly I think a lot of the ROC figures look quite nice and would make good random Joes...  I couldn't look at them as the characters they're named after though I'm afraid, but maybe as just random extra JOes they're cool.  Scarlet, Snake Eyes, SS, Baronness all look great though...  Zartan is cool too, but not cool as Zartan to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 08:57 PM »
Yeah, Alley Viper and the like were in the vintage line...

Alley Viper is actually the last figure I picked up back in the day before I left GI Joe - definately vintage in my eyes.  Loved that guy even though his outfit was very loud.  Ranger Viper and Night Creeper?  Meh....

Honestly I think a lot of the ROC figures look quite nice and would make good random Joes... 

Agreed - but I'm no customizer so they're hopefully going to stay on the pegs where all of the other movie crap belongs.  PITT?  What a POS that thing is as are almost all of the movie vehicles - Night Raven?  I loved you back in the day, but now you've been scaled down and you suck now that you have a handle.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 09:11 PM »
I like the Stormshadow a lot too...  I htink he's a pretty sharp looking figure.  SE is ok...  Scarlet is actually pretty superior to her original, as the original is a little odd looking.  She's much more badass looking in commando gear.

I find the whole ROC idea lame, but I think it could be BS'd to fit into a nice display...  Again though, I wouldn't look at Breaker as Breaker though...  Maybe just Breaker's buddy that hands him **** and doesn't get much play. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 10:27 PM »
I think the code name "Breaker's Buddy That Hands Him ****" is long overdue.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 10:34 PM »
I think it'd be funny if his code name was given to him by Breaker himself...  Total ballbuster, that Breaker guy.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 09:35 AM »
I don't know if anyone here collects the Sideshow 12" Joes, but it looks like Storm Shadow and a Cobra Paratrooper have been announced.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 03:23 PM »
Saw some new stuff at Walmart today, being the 5-pk battle packs.  Saw one Joe set, one Cobra set, and 4 of the Resolute sets... easy pass for me on all of these.  But, I did pick up a Ghost Hawk with Lift Ticket.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 03:33 PM »
How much were the 5packs at WM?  I haven't seen them anywhere yet and I'm not even sure I want them, but knowing is half the battle ya know?  Definitely skipping the VvV thing though.

Ghost Hawk is an awesome vehicle as is the Sting Raider.  Probably my two faves out of all the vehicle rehash/releases in this line thus far.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 05:44 PM »
There weren't stickers on the shelf - they were just piled up next to the DVD Battle Packs.  I did not scan them - but, if I am able to swing by there again soon I'll be sure to scan and let you know...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I don't know if anyone here collects the Sideshow 12" Joes, but it looks like Storm Shadow and a Cobra Paratrooper have been announced.

Nice.  Stormshadow would have looked good with Snake Eyes.  Which I cancelled.  I've been more and more unimpressed with Sideshow and couldn't justify the $120 price on a line that I don't collect that heavily. 

Still, Snake, Stormshadow and Firefly were my three dream figures from this line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2009, 12:04 AM »
I bought both of the new five packs.

Mostly because I am dumb.

But that new Baroness is sweet. :)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2009, 07:43 PM »
iFett, I went by that Walmart again and the 5-pks won't scan - the price checker says "Please see sales associate" or something like that.

I did see them at TRU today for $29.99.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2009, 07:53 PM »
I bought both of the new five packs.

Mostly because I am dumb.

fabulous!  I will be dumb too when I eventually find them.

iFett, I went by that Walmart again and the 5-pks won't scan - the price checker says "Please see sales associate" or something like that.

I did see them at TRU today for $29.99.

Thanks for checking Chewie.  I'm still hoping to save $5 or so at Target or even at that evil place.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2009, 09:42 PM »
You know what sucks about the five packs?  I mean, besides the fact that they're a bunch of resculpts?

No stands. :(
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird