Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103768 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 5, 2009, 12:05 PM »
Good point Paul, but that doesn't explain why the Resolute figures being in the mix since they're out now. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #76 on: March 5, 2009, 03:04 PM »
ick   ::)

Whirlwind?  Meh...I'm sure it'll have spring loaded crap and what not.  Oh well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #77 on: March 5, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I love the Whirlwind...  It was a favorite of mine for set-ups.  Loved to get the FLAK with it for a nice anti-air set-up around a base outside.  God I loved GI Joe stuff...  Recondo coming with it is neat too.  He's a glaring hole in the 25th line, and a figure I dug as a kid.  Nice to see a removable hat now too.

I really think that "gunship" thing from the new movie looks quite nice...  It's small, but it's a neat Cobra answer to the Skyhawk it seems and looks like a nicely designed little toy that would fit in with the 25th stuff.

That motorcycle looks like hell.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2009, 03:53 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #78 on: March 5, 2009, 04:20 PM »
That would be cool to have Recondo in the new style, but I don't think I'd buy a vehicle to get him. 

Besides Recondo, I miss not having Low Light and Dial-Tone.  After those three, the next tier of characters was way down on the priority list.  I would have preferred Dial-Tone to Mainframe and Low Light to that second version of Beachhead (although that is a nice figure). 

And I would have preferred pretty much ANY new character to the line rather than yet another repaint of Snake Eyes, Duke, Destro or Cobra Commander. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #79 on: March 5, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Ok...I'll go on record now...Recondo is one of my all time favorite figures.  It is one of the first ones I begged Broken Arrow Toys to do when I finally got the ear a year or so ago....BUT....

That HAT is NOT the Hat Recondo needs to be wearing...  That thing is just a Greg Norman Golf Hat with one side turned up Crocodile Dundee style...the Hat the original (and all comic incarnations) Recondo wore was an Australian "Slouch" hat worn by their forces from the early 1900's all the way through to Vietnam...

Oh well...I'll replace it...but I wanted to complain about toys.... I am over it now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #80 on: March 5, 2009, 05:38 PM »
haha, I love Paul's posts.  I always learn something new with them. :)

Was REcondo an Aussie?  I don't recall his story, I just dug him as a figure because his rifle was all wrapped up and he looked like a badass jungle fighter.  I always gave him a machete as a secondary weapon.

I think it'd be cool of them to do everyone in snow Parkas...  Or if not "everyone", then at least a lot of the mains like Scarlet, Duke, Flint, and the like.  I always liked them in snow gear in the toon and taking Joes out in a big snow was a grand childhood memory for me.  We lost many Flash figures we had to replace and wound up every spring finding them in the thaw.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #81 on: March 5, 2009, 05:51 PM »
No, Recondo was from Wisconsin...  I just liked the fact he wore the "Jungle Fighter" hat...only in later incarnations did it turn into

I know it would not be popular with alot of folks, but I agree with JJ, I would love to see everybody get the "Arctic Snake Eyes" treatment...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #82 on: March 5, 2009, 06:07 PM »
Why wouldn't that be popular?  They rocked balls in those outfits in the toon.  I always dug the cold weather theme though, and things like snowvipers and stuff.  The snowcat was one of my fav vehicles, along with the polar bear.  Loved playing in the snow...  My Joes usually got decked out with Indiana Jones figure robes for their cold weather gear though.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #83 on: March 5, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Well I know you are isolated here on JD.com (where everything is puppy dogs and unicorns) but believe it or not, there are some people who are tired of seeing the main characters in ANY new outfits, I know, seems odd that re-issues would be so hated, but there are people out there.

Now for me...I'd be all over some alternate uniform classic characters, but I don't want JUST Duke, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow..I want ALL the Characters in Arctic, Desert, Scuba, Utilities, Astronaut, etc..... but I am wierd that way.

My Joes wore Endor Camo Ponchos, 4 LOM robes, Han Trenchcoats etc....but the snow was very PRETEND.....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #84 on: March 5, 2009, 08:20 PM »
To me, if you want a future to your line and more obscure Joes, you gotta accept more Dukes in different weather/condition-specific gear.  I'd be giddy myself to build a nice army of Joes in arctic gear, or like the Cobra scuba trooper with specific cobra's in the outfit...  That's cool **** to me.   :-\

For what it's worth though, I like EU figures in SW too.   :-X   :-*

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #85 on: March 6, 2009, 08:29 AM »
I think it'd be cool of them to do everyone in snow Parkas...  Or if not "everyone", then at least a lot of the mains like Scarlet, Duke, Flint, and the like.  I always liked them in snow gear in the toon and taking Joes out in a big snow was a grand childhood memory for me.  We lost many Flash figures we had to replace and wound up every spring finding them in the thaw.

You're going to love the next episode of Freedom Isn't Free.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 08:30 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #86 on: March 6, 2009, 01:00 PM »
Oh, I already knew that...  I already knew.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #87 on: March 9, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Saw the Desert/Snow Cobra sets (7 figures per set?) at a toy show on Sunday for just $20.00 each, still couldn't force myself to get them.  Though that was pretty tempting.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2009, 01:21 AM »
Found the new 5 packs at Target.  The Joe set wasn't bad but the paint apps kind of sucked.  The Cobra set looked a little better but I didn't feel like paying $25 for a bunch of mostly repacked figures.

Still pissed they never seemed to have gotten in that last DVD set with the final MASS Device piece.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2009, 02:02 AM »
I saw a new 5-pack of Resolute guys tonight...  Duke and 5 Cobras...  Pretty slick looking set.  Is there another set?  Did I miss a 2nd set I need to hit WM for?

Love that BAT.  If I was a GIJ guy, I'd be giddy to own an army of cannon fodder cobra troops.