Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103770 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2009, 09:29 AM »
I saw the newer 5 packs at our local TRU the other day as well.  I just about picked up the Joe set, even though they were mainly just "tweaks" of the original figures, but it was ringing up at $30 there so I passed.  They had the Cobra and Resolute packs there as well.  All of them look pretty good, but I just couldn't pay that much for the minor differences in the figures.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2009, 11:20 AM »
I don't think Target had the Resolute figures.  If they did I didn't pay attention.

Jesse, the Cobra set had SS, Commander, Baroness, Zartan and Viper (with the new arm) and the Joe set had SE, Lady Jaye, Hawk, Shipwrek and Flint.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2009, 12:54 PM »
TNI has a pic up of the "Destro with mask" figure from the Rise of Cobra movie line, if anyone is interested.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2009, 02:21 PM »
TNI has a pic up of the "Destro with mask" figure from the Rise of Cobra movie line, if anyone is interested.

I'm not that interested in the figure, but people at Hiss are going insane over it.  Still not enough to drag me into the movie line full boar.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Jesse, the Cobra set had SS, Commander, Baroness, Zartan and Viper (with the new arm) and the Joe set had SE, Lady Jaye, Hawk, Shipwrek and Flint.

OK, that's not what I saw.  Thanks E!

I got the Resolute set with Duke and 4 Cobra figures...  It's neat looking.  I like their tweak of a German Luger.  Very Star Wars-ish.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2009, 03:52 PM »

Thanks, that looks pretty sweet!  I'll definitely be picking that one up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2009, 08:41 PM »
One of my local Targets reset a new endcap with TF animated Shockwave and Sunstorm on the top shelves with the Joe jets (original Rat/Conquest versions) on the bottom two - all for $24.99 - I sense a mass clearance once they pull the endcap.  Hopefully that means that the repaint jets will make it to retail soonish rather than laterish.  I know that these are available on the website, but I'd rather not pay shipping and just find them on one of my random toy runs.  Also scored a $24.99 Resolute pack which I'm diggin, but it would have been nice to have a carded release of the red BAT.....meh what am I sayin?  It's Hasbro!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2009, 12:37 AM »
If you mean the Tiger Force Rattler and Python Patrol Conquest, I've seen both at my local Target so they're out there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2009, 01:02 AM »
I saw those both today too, in the regular aisle - mixed in with the regular paint scheme versions.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2009, 06:06 PM »
If you mean the Tiger Force Rattler and Python Patrol Conquest, I've seen both at my local Target so they're out there.

I saw those both today too, in the regular aisle - mixed in with the regular paint scheme versions.

I know they're out there, but they haven't reached MN yet.  We've got too many of the original versions.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2009, 01:18 PM »
Cracked open my Resolute pack over the weekend and I nominate the BAT as figure of the year/decade/century.  I'd go to town if when he gets single packed down the road.  The other repaints are what they are (I'd probably like them more after I see the toon) but I really dig the rocket launcher and Duke's new jetpack.  Good stuff....

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2009, 03:27 PM »
I still haven't picked up the Resolute 5-Pack because all I really want is the BAT from that pack.  Really hoping they make a TRU 5-Pack exclusive set of these bats but that probably won't happen. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2009, 12:16 PM »
Anyone care to read the qna's this go around?  Only confirmation I got was of Dial Tone and the Snowcat.  Kinda scary that Hasbro won't confirm if the classic line will resume after the movie, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Anyone care to read the qna's this go around?  Only confirmation I got was of Dial Tone and the Snowcat.  Kinda scary that Hasbro won't confirm if the classic line will resume after the movie, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

I don't peruse the various Joe sites, much...do you have a link?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2009, 09:03 AM »
http://generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

You have to click to go visit each site....

I also saw on General's Joes main page this list of stuff in a Wal Mart Comptuer:
http://generalsjoes.com/

GI JOE Single figures $7.88

65356944697 Single pack Charbroil
65356944698 Night Adder
65356944699 Red Fang Ninja
65356944700 Single Pack Kamakura
65356944701 Nano Viper
65356944824 Duke V4
65356944825 Single Pack Desert Viper
65356944826 Single pack Ripcord
65356944827 Storm Shadow

GI JOE Vehicle Assortment $15.97

65356944078 Tiger Claw ATV L
65356944075 PLR SHRC Sub IC
65356944076 Rockslide Desert
65356944077 Lava Pod Volcano

General's Joes gets all the credit for the content of this post, so if you post this elsewhere give them credit.