Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104275 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #615 on: October 23, 2009, 11:20 PM »
I've been waiting for that dude and the new Snow Serpent to hit my local TRU. Though since they have about 20 of their exclusive BBQ's from the launch, it might be a while before I see them.

Picked up a white coat Dr. Lewis and Ripcord in the impact armor today. Thank you, Gordmans. Without them, I'd be choking on nothing but the first two waves.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #616 on: October 25, 2009, 07:17 PM »
Finally found w2 of the $9.99 whatever they're called at Target.  Passed on all, but bought both of the black Snake Armor sets.   8)

I've been passing on most of the ROC figures. 

Same here.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #617 on: October 26, 2009, 06:58 PM »
I know it will upset some folks that we are getting to ask them, but it is GI Joe Questions time again, as always 1 question (at least) is coming from our dedicated group of Joe Collectors... so send them to me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #618 on: October 26, 2009, 10:20 PM »
I've no clue why some people are upset about us asking Joe questions to Hasbro now....Hello!?  The owner is a Joe collector!   :)  Heck - I'd love to throw some Transformer questions out there from our site since they would answer them free of charge, but no biggie.

I really have no interest in ROC or POC for the most part besides some of the vintage throwbacks that we are thrown here and there.  I suppose the "new" mini-base type sets will arrive when the rest of the WM Hasbro exclusives hit this year - whenever that might be.  Looking forward to the new HISS Tank though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #619 on: October 27, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Just thought I would also post this here.  It is TRU's big book of toys which starts 11/1/09.

http://downloads.bfads.net/BFAds-ToysRUs-BigToysBook-2009.pdf

As if the TRU exclusive BP wasn't already a good deal, they are gonna go ahead and lower it to $20!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #620 on: October 27, 2009, 05:20 PM »
I know it will upset some folks that we are getting to ask them, but it is GI Joe Questions time again, as always 1 question (at least) is coming from our dedicated group of Joe Collectors... so send them to me.

Not sure if this is already common knowledge, so I'm just going to ask here in the forum... if you send this in, I'm sure you can forumulate it better than I am doing.

Hasbro, can you provide some more details on the upcoming HISS tank?  It looks like it is a decent size, and very much a modern version of the old school 80s tank that we all know and love.  Can you provide any new photos of this, and perhaps a comparison of it next to the old mold?

^ If there are already good pics of this available, obviously that's a stupid question to send it... but if there are pics, I can't seem to find any.  Thanks Paul!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #621 on: October 30, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Picked up AA SS last night.  Pretty snazzy repaint.  The freaky cashier weirded me out and started asking me all of these movie questions.

I don't like WM.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #622 on: October 31, 2009, 01:07 AM »
Picked up AA SS last night. 

What is that?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #623 on: October 31, 2009, 01:52 AM »
Alcoholics Anonymous Storm Shadow.  It's a variant, showing his downward spiral after the Joes prevailed, yet again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #624 on: October 31, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Alcoholics Anonymous Storm Shadow.  It's a variant, showing his downward spiral after the Joes prevailed, yet again.

Yep.  If JoeDefender.com were up, you would have seen this exclusive GI Joe 2 footage of Storm Shadow's apparent resurrection and descent into alcohol abuse, but since there's no JoeDefender.com homepage yet, I guess I'll just post it here.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #625 on: October 31, 2009, 09:51 AM »

Yep.  If JoeDefender.com were up, you would have seen this exclusive GI Joe 2 footage of Storm Shadow's apparent resurrection and descent into alcohol abuse, but since there's no JoeDefender.com homepage yet, I guess I'll just post it here.

And this is how the figure turned out.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #626 on: October 31, 2009, 04:09 PM »
Sorry...I'll try again.  AT SS.   ;D  Arctic Threat Storm Shadow

Saw the new 4-5? packs this morning at TRU.  Pass

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #627 on: October 31, 2009, 07:30 PM »
Picked up Charbroil and the black coat Doc Lewis at TRU last night. Still no exclusive Bench Press or Snow Serpent at my local one. Though they did have the Storm Shadow from wave 5 on the pegs too. First time I've seen anything from that wave locally.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #628 on: October 31, 2009, 07:46 PM »
I've seen the newer version of Storm Shadow in the white outfit with black rectangles at TRU once, with the new style packaging.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #629 on: November 1, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Found a couple cases of wave 4 at my local Aldi. $6.99 each. I helped myself to a Para-Viper and Kamakura, finishing wave 4 for me.