Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104323 times)

Offline vupa0101

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #720 on: December 15, 2009, 04:45 PM »
the Walmart exclusive battlestations packs has the resolute roadblock in the turret defense pack

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #721 on: December 15, 2009, 07:53 PM »
Got my 3 MARS trooper 3 packs from HTS yesterday which came with a $5 off coupon that I wasn't expecting and the free Rubik's cube which I was expecting for a toys for tots bin.  Man - these are some cool figures.  No clue why these never showed up at retail and no clue why they didn't card these guys are repaint the hell out of them...I'd be all over that, I guess.  Turtle Vipers can suck it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #722 on: December 15, 2009, 08:18 PM »
K-Mart dot com has the wave 3 alpha vehicles in stock and for sale.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:18 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #723 on: December 15, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Got my 3 MARS trooper 3 packs from HTS yesterday which came with a $5 off coupon that I wasn't expecting and the free Rubik's cube which I was expecting for a toys for tots bin.  Man - these are some cool figures.  No clue why these never showed up at retail and no clue why they didn't card these guys are repaint the hell out of them...I'd be all over that, I guess.  Turtle Vipers can suck it.

Those MARS troopers are cool.

I don't like the Neo Turtle Vipers either except for the black one that comes with the SNAKE Armor set.  That one looks cool in black, red and silver.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #724 on: December 27, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Noticed that the seas of Target ROC 4 packs finally got put on clearance - and they're still sitting.  What a lame exclusive.  Well I just don't care for the figures, so maybe it's not lame.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #725 on: December 27, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Three of the four are totally lame, but the Snake Eyes in there is the best one they've come out with in the ROC line, IMHO.  I like it even better than the City Strike/Resolute version.  If I see that set on clearance, I'd pick it up just for the Snake Eyes.  
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:49 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #726 on: December 27, 2009, 10:24 PM »
The GI Joe section was pretty decimated at the local WM, Target had sold down a lot of figures but not like WM did.  Target here has their exclusive BP on clearance also. 

I'm hoping the RHINO makes a  price cut.  I don't think my store has moved one since August. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #727 on: December 28, 2009, 09:31 AM »
I'm hoping the RHINO makes a  price cut.  I don't think my store has moved one since August. 

E...

Same here - in that I'd like one and that none seemed to have sold very well.  I have the DTC one I got for like $5, but I'd like to own this repaint.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #728 on: December 28, 2009, 12:36 PM »
I remember when HTS was blowing out the ROCC and RHINO both for $10 or less, but I never pulled the trigger for some reason.  I ended up with the Sigma 6 ROCC at clearance price from TRU but I'd still like to add the RHINO.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #729 on: December 28, 2009, 12:48 PM »
I believe those were being clearanced out at HTS right as the 25th stuff got announced or right before their release.  I remember getting the ROCC, RHINO, HISS, and the Humvee thing and thought they were all $5, but they could have been a few bucks more.  Great vehicles.   :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #730 on: December 29, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Past and Present figure mock ups at HISS.

Not sure if I'll bite or not if they ever get released, but I like that the idea may be continuing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #731 on: December 29, 2009, 12:59 PM »
I know it has already been said, but I received a City Strike Snake Eyes (well, two actually) in a HTS order over the holiday weekend, and that really is a nice figure.  Lots of accessories, and sturdy overall.  I'm really glad I was able to get one.  I was sort of trying to spread the shipping around, so I ordered a Charbroil figure as well since it looked like Blowtorch to me (one of my favorites as a kid) - maybe this is Blowtorch now (?), I don't know.  Anyways, that's a nice figure too.  If this post-movie line stuff was all like this, it wouldn't be too bad of a toyline (although I'd rather see more 25th style stuff).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #732 on: December 29, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Past and Present figure mock ups at HISS.

Not sure if I'll bite or not if they ever get released, but I like that the idea may be continuing.

I was expecting them to use the comic pack molds from 2005. Looks like I can pass on these if that really is the case.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #733 on: December 29, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Yeah, those sets are crap.  Epic Fail for Hasbro.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #734 on: December 29, 2009, 02:58 PM »
so I ordered a Charbroil figure as well since it looked like Blowtorch to me (one of my favorites as a kid) - maybe this is Blowtorch now (?), I don't know.

Charbroil was a vintage Joe back from 88.  This is a "throwback" I guess.

Yeah, those sets are crap.  Epic Fail for Hasbro.

I don't think it's that bad.  I was really geeked out with the Target Snow Job set and even grew to like the ROC vehicle/figure for the most part.  Great way for fathers to connect with their kids on a toy level.  Very nostalgic IMO.  I already own the vinty versions, but my SS is yellow so I might bite on that set since I'm too lazy to go on eBay to track down a replacement.