Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103771 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #840 on: March 12, 2010, 11:42 AM »
No, it isn't, unfortunately. Ross and AJ Wright are the same family.  :-\ Not that it matters, since my TJ Maxx never gets in any of the cool discounted Joe stuff. There's been 2 or 3 rounds of that stuff hitting TJ lately, and I haven't seen a damn thing, and it's not for lack of trying.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 12, 2010, 11:52 AM »
Rhinos have finally hit 75% off!  I thought I'd never see the day....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 12, 2010, 12:40 PM »
cool - I will have to hit Target up after work and see if there are any more left.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 12, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Nice!  My Target has been sitting on about 30 RHINOs for the last 3 weeks at 50% off, I was hoping to see 75%.  I'll be stopping on my way home.

I may also look for the 12" Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow figures.  If they're at 75% off now it might be worth getting both for about $10 just for the accessories and outfits.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 12, 2010, 07:22 PM »
YMMV - stopped by another Target that's 5 minutes away from the other and they were still at 50% off.  Hope I didn't get anybody's hopes up, but hope you found a $12.48 version if you went hunting.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Yeah, went by Target today and still 50% off.  No worries though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 12, 2010, 08:09 PM »
Eh, no joy here, still 50% off.  It's just a matter of time before they drop, though.  I'm just surprised that they've sat on them this long for that price.  Usually 2 weeks at any one discount is all you get, sometimes less.  Since my store, in particular, had so many of them left I figured they'd be moving them out faster but maaybe they're looking to lose as little as possible on them.

Still, I'm in a small market and the amount of stock they have, it just can't be absorbed here. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 12, 2010, 11:09 PM »
I found them at 75% off, and finally picked one up. About time they went down.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 13, 2010, 03:04 AM »
I wish I had a Ross store in my area so I can get the cobra islands for 16.99 each, instead of biting the bullet at BBTS for $70

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 13, 2010, 08:34 PM »
I stopped in Target tonight and the RHINO was mareded won to 75% off so I bought one.  No movement on the 12" Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow, though.  Not worth it at 50% off just for the outfits.

E...

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #850 on: March 15, 2010, 09:02 PM »
I went to my Ross store today after seeing the post onthe front page.  I have wanted the Cobra set of the Cobra Island packs since they first showed pics of them but I don't care about the Joe set and everywhere of course only sells them together.  So  I get there and looked and looked and I found one Cobra set at the end of an aisle on the top shelf face down with a Joe set behind it!  So I got my oh so desired Cobra set for a great deal!  Thanks jedidefender!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 15, 2010, 11:44 PM »
Received my PoC Snow Job today. It's awesome.  :) Hopefully, the rest of the PoC line is up to this standard.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #852 on: March 16, 2010, 01:12 AM »
I went to my Ross store today after seeing the post onthe front page.  I have wanted the Cobra set of the Cobra Island packs since they first showed pics of them but I don't care about the Joe set and everywhere of course only sells them together.  So  I get there and looked and looked and I found one Cobra set at the end of an aisle on the top shelf face down with a Joe set behind it!  So I got my oh so desired Cobra set for a great deal!  Thanks jedidefender!

Sure. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 19, 2010, 02:07 AM »
I stopped in Target last night and found the 12" Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow marked down to $4.98 so I picked up one of each.

The figures themselves are pretty much a waste, with the terrible chopping arm action feature and goofy sound effects.

The Accessories aren't bad.  One thing I didn't realize, or had forgotten, is that the sword sheaths for Storm Shadow fit into slots built into the back of the figure's torso.  I thought they were on their own "web" gear like Snake Eyes' sword.  Still, the outfit is salvageable, I just need to build a harness for the sheaths and I'll build a custom SS.

I'm also going to take some of the accessories from SE and use them with the kitbashed figure I have.

Overall, not too bad for $10 for both figures, but still...I'm not sure they even make the best toys and they certainly aren't collector focused.  I know I wouldn't have liked them as a kid because of the right arms that are basically useless for most anything.  The sounds...eh.  They aren't terrible, but not my thing.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 21, 2010, 07:23 PM »
Looks like the 3rd wave of Target exclusive Deluxe vehicles were canceled.

Per Generalsjoes:

2) What is the current status of the third wave of Target Exclusive vehicles, the RAM w/ Sandstorm, Whirlwind w/ Range-Viper, Trubble Bubble w/ Elite-Viper, and Glider w/ Ace?  Are they still getting released?

2) Unfortunately there are currently no plans for their release.

That makes twice the Whirlwind has been canceled. Which bites, since I wanted that with the Range Viper. I suppose they'll find their way into the PoC line, but who knows.