Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91709 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« on: March 6, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Patiently awaiting until August to see if there's anything I want to bite on....I assume this line will continue full boar until the next movie hits theatres.  Hope we get a vinty/upgrade bone here or there until then.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2010, 08:02 PM »
A few months ago in the Q&A, Hasbro basically confirmed we'd see updates of Crazylegs and the SAW Viper, so at least they're peppering the line with those.

I don't like the wait until August. I need my City Strike Beach Head, Shadow Tracker, and Jungle Viper NOW, damn it. As soon as they hit ebay from Chinese sellers, I'm probably going to buy them there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 03:03 AM »
Diamond Comics listed the first wave of PoC stuff, and here it is for your consumption:

POC WAVE 1: The evil schemes of Cobra are thwarted throughout the world by the noble soldiers of G.I. Joe, and their battles can be replayed time and again with the G.I. Joe action figures! Each figure stands 3 3/4" tall and comes with accessories. Fans can choose from Duke (Version 5), Storm Shadow (Version 5), Cobra Commander (Version 2), Alley Viper, Snake Eyes (Version 5), and many more. Blister card packaging. Estimated ship date: 7/28/10

GI JOE BRAVO VEHICLES: Stage your own battles between the forces of G.I. Joe and Cobra with the all-new G.I. Joe Bravo Vehicles, scaled to the 3 3/4" figure height! Choose from the HISS Tank, packed with the HISS Driver, or the Wolf Hound, packaged with Whiteout.
Estimated ship date: 7/28/10

GI JOE ALPHA VEHICLES: Take your Joe and Cobra forces into battle with these 1- and 2-man vehicles, scaled to the 3 3/4" figure, each with its own exclusive pilot/driver! Collectors can choose from the Doom Cycle, which comes with Storm Rider, or the Ghost Hawk, which comes with Tomahawk. Estimated ship date: 7/28/10

GI JOE MECH SUIT: In some battle situations, the forces of G.I. Joe and Cobra turn to their armored Mech Suits for high tech battles to determine the fate of the world. The G.I. Joe Mech Suit Figures comes with one mech suit and the matching driving figure, and are in scale with other 3 3/4" G.I. Joe action figures. Choose from the Steel Marauder (with Kickstart) or Cobra's Deviant (with Cyber Driver). Estimated ship date: 7/28/10

Looks like the Jungle Viper and Shadow Tracker are in later waves. :( But it's great to see that Beach Head in the first wave. I'm really liking what PoC has to offer. :)
Except for the Mechs. Those are whatever.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:04 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 09:34 AM »
thanks for the info and the pics - unfortunately I cannot see the pics at work - but I can't wait to see them when I get home   :D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Nice to finally see some new pics.  Diggin the mech suits for the most part even though they're a little to colorful for my taste.  Definitely picking up a few things here and there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I'm liking the Snow Job, Beach Head, Snow Cat repaint and the bike.  The rest, meh..  The HISS looks like ass.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 02:52 PM »
I really like the Wolf Hound.  I don't know if I'll bother to pick one up or not, but it's cool.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Jesse,

The POC Jungle Viper is on Ebay right now and you will love the gun he comes with....

A WWII Finish 20mm AT rifle "Lahti"... Give it to your German OST Troops or your Indiana Jones Russkies...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Has the Jungle Viper been completely scratched or is this one that may suffer cuts in accessories?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 02:29 AM »
What an incredibly weird weapon to give a GIJ...  Not that WW2 gear isn't unprecedented, but it's been typically more common things...  That, I can't say I've really ever seen.

That even looks very nicely detailed and scaled.  Very cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2010, 03:32 AM »
GI Joe Pursuit Of Cobra Single Carded Figures On Display At JoeCon 2010

Looks like Snow Job and Zartan come with all the stuff the Chinese sellers are selling them with, which is good.

I am SO getting a bunch of those Alley Vipers.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 1, 2010, 08:17 AM »
So, can we now, at this point, finally, confirm that Zartan will have the movie style head and paint apps?

I wish there was a carded shot to seal the deal   ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 1, 2010, 11:04 AM »
I am SO getting a bunch of those Alley Vipers.

I am too.  Shame these won't be $4-$5 when they come out, but at least we're finally getting some decent figures.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 1, 2010, 12:39 PM »
efranks, could you or someone else help me out here?  I am pretty confused about the packaging of some of the figures in the first POC wave.  Someone over at Hisstank just posted some pictures of Desert Zartan and Ice Destro sealed on their cards - but these cards were the old ROC style, not the new POC style.  Which is it going to be with these guys?

And, hell I'll just ask again cuz I am pretty confused, which head is Zartan coming with?  ROC style of Resolute?

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter for me since I open them all up for my son - just curious I guess.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2010, 01:38 PM »
Good question on the Zartan and Destro cards.  I'm not positive but since Zartan and Destro are both scheduled for release in Ocotober I'm assuming they come in the new packaging.  They probably had the ROC packaging on display because that's where they were first scheduled.

They figure in the case at the Con for Zartan is still the Vosloo ROC head but I don't know if that's the one that's coming or not.  I didn't ask but some other guys I talked to at the show were under the impression that he would have an updated head.

I actually left the con last night, I'm not there today otherwise I'd ask.  That might be a good Q&A question though, about his head, if it hasn't been asked before. 

E...