Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91938 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #135 on: December 3, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I was never a fan of the Rage either but thought this looked cool.  I don't buy too many Cobra vehicles, though.  The Joe vehicles have always intereste me more for some reason.  But the new HISS is cool and I'm thinking I'll get one, but would also prefer the black version.

The VAMP is cool looking, and I probably would have bought one but I haven't seen them in stores anywhere yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 4, 2010, 06:57 PM »
I just saw the VAMP (and Fury) yesterday at WM but I am gonna hold off for a sale if I do end up getting one - I just have way too many vehicles laying around.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2010, 06:58 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 4, 2010, 10:57 PM »
I just found a new stocking of figs at Walmart on Friday and picked up a second Snow Job.  I'm going to rob him of his jacket and use it with the Duke I bought without a jacket.  Snow Job's jacket seems to match up better than Shipwrecks.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 6, 2010, 08:59 PM »
ordered the shock trooper and the new SE from HTS.  I ordered the new Duke from them earlier in the week too - so I don't think I will be looking for Joe's for a while.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2010, 04:21 PM »
My new Duke (wave 3) arrived today fgrom HTS.  I like him a lot - better than expected.  Confused about 2 things though.  What is the hole on the side of his bazooka for?  And, what is the peg in the side of the machine gun for?  They can be plugged into each other, but that look ridiculous.  If the peg on the machine gun is for him to hold while firing then ok - he looks pretty good that way - but it doesn't explain the hole in the bazooka.

The back pack/missile launcher is, though a little ridiculous, pretty sweet.

edit:  I need some 3 3/4 Aliens to destroy cuz this duke looks like a kick ass colonial marine to me.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:24 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2010, 04:58 PM »
With the TRU sale at 2/$9.99, one store in my area got in a couple more cases of Wave One... which I have no problem with, it's a good wave.  Got two Cobra Commanders, that figure is too cool to pass on. Now I have three - one for my son, and two for me (one to open of course). 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2010, 08:01 PM »
I tried to buy 2 more Jungle Vipers with the TRU sale tonight, but managed to talk myself out of it.  2 is enough for me.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2010, 01:46 AM »
For my own sanity, who are in wave 3 again?  I'm hunting these down for my brother.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33 AM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Seems that, like Star Wars, TRU is raising the price on POC singles as well. Up to $9.49 in some areas.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2010, 03:19 PM »
Seems that, like Star Wars, TRU is raising the price on POC singles as well. Up to $9.49 in some areas.  ::)

I think I paid $8.49 for an Alley Viper yesterday... he might go back to the store.

Anyway, I got the Wave 3 Duke from HTS. What an awesome looking figure. I love the Aliens pulse rifle... can't wait to get the SE and Shock Trooper from the wave.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Got my wave 3 set from BBTS last night. SE, Duke, and the Shocker (hee) are great, but I'm not so keen on SS. Just as I predicted.

I know it's another SE, but he's the winner of the wave.  :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2010, 10:55 PM »
I'm actually looking forward to Duke from this wave, but Snake Eyes and the Cobra Shocktrooper are the gems by far.  I can say that I don't think I'll ever buy another Storm Shadow figure.  Hasbro would have to do something incredibly awesome with that character to get me to buy another.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2010, 11:18 PM »
Yeah, I agree on Storm Shadow. If I had found these at retail, I'd have skipped him. As bad as Destro is a pegwarmer, I think this SS will be worse since every figure in the wave is 3x per case. I bit the bullet on a set so I wouldn't have to pull my hair out trying to find a Shocktrooper like I did for the Jungle Viper and continue to do for more Alley Vipers. (Seriously, I've only seen one at retail and that was back in August.)

The figure in hand is OK. It's a great sculpt, but just an absurd design for a figure. There's too much going on color-wise (the red pants are kinda WTF?) and the action feature is hindered by the plastic skirt piece a bit.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2010, 08:55 PM »
I know it's another SE, but he's the winner of the wave.  :)

I ordered the SE during the HTS free shipping thing, and he just arrived yesterday.  I have to say, although we've had a pretty good run of Snake Eyes figures lately, this might be one of the nicest action figures Hasbro has put out.  The sculpt/articulation/etc. is all great, of course, but the swappable heads and the ton of weapons/stuff he comes with really puts him over the top.  I think with the discount and free shipping deal I got this figure for $5 and change, and it was more than worth it.  Great "toy" and action figure at the same time.