Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91922 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 03:29 PM »
NEW POC Target DPCI's from Hiss...

• Figures 087-06-2239 6.99 each
  • Mechs 087-06-2240 19.99 each
  • vehicles (new #) 087-06-2241 24.99 each
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:46 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 02:16 PM »
It's interesting to me that they're going to have both $19.99 and $24.99 price points for vehicles.  I would have thought they'd look to bring the Mech Suits and Bravo vehicles in at the same price since they're similar in size.

So, they're hoping to have three vehicle price points on the shelves for later this year: Alpha around $15.99, Mech suits at $19.99 and Bravo for $24.99.  Seems kind of ambitious after the issues with ROC last year.  I hope the stores buy into it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 02:26 PM »
I thought the same about the mech suits, especially since there seems to be as much - if not more plastic than a bravo vehicle would have.  Happy to get them for $20 though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 03:20 PM »
I wonder if the fact they're re-tasked Sigma 6 vehicles has anything to do with it.  That new VAMP, for example, is large but it's all air.

I don't think I'll get any of the Mech suits but I like both the new VAMP and HISS Tank.  I'd like to get one of each at some point.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Has anyone here picked up the POC figures from WS_Toys or the other sellers on eBay?

I'm eyeballing his Desert Battle Ripcord and Zartan and the Elite Ice-Viper but I was a little concerned that these are factory seconds.  So, are they, or do they seem to be full fledged production figures?

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 01:32 PM »
I have a bunch- Desert Battle Zartan and Ripcord, Snow Job, and the Volcano Viper. I'd suggest picking up Ripcord and Zartan, they're totally worth it. They're just like a regular-production Joe figure. On my figures, there's no missed paint apps or wonky joints or missing parts.

The last time I ordered from ws_toys it only took about two weeks for me to receive the package, so the shipping is pretty fast too.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm probably going to order at least the three I mentioned and may get the Arctic Duke also.

Here's another question; has anyone tried putting a jacket from Arctic Snake Eyes, Shipwreck or the upcoming Snow Job on that POC Arctic Duke?  I'm thinking of getting the fig as much for the accessories as anything but if I could also snag another one of the arctic figs and transplant a jacket to finish off Duke it would be a bonus.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Don't hesitate to order E...  And mention the site too even.

He's a great guy to deal with and real prompt on everything.  I don't believe anything he gets are seconds, but rather just non-carded production stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 2, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Recently picked up the TRU Sting Raider repaint.....Not expecting an answer, but was the little drone thing included with the 25th release of this vehicle?  I don't recall it with that version I have as they were both immediately shoved into storage.

Packaging has both ROC and POC so please forgive me for putting this in the wrong place.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 2, 2010, 11:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure the 25th and ROC/POC releases were the same new tool, so the drone should be with the 25th. Since I never did find the first release, I can't be sure, but it seems pretty likely.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 2, 2010, 11:18 PM »
According to YoJoe.com it looks like it did. Sting Raider

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 2, 2010, 11:27 PM »
While I'm here, thought I'd mention that I went ahead and ordered a cancelled POC Arctic Duke and an Elite Ice-Viper from one of the HK sellers.  Once they get here if they look good I think I'll go back and get the Desert Battle Ripcord and Zartan figures.  I'm tempted to snag one of the Spirit figures also but they should be out in about 2 months at TRU anyway so I'll probably wait.

Thanks, Jesse, for the recommendation.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 3, 2010, 12:02 PM »
Thanks guys.  I didn't remember seeing the drone on the 25th versions I have, but noticed it on the vintage one I acquired a few months back.  Packaging on the TRU version showcases the drone, but not on the 25th version.  Anywhooo...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 9, 2010, 08:58 PM »
I got my two figures from Hong Kong today.  I picked up the Elite Ice Viper to go with the squad of Ice-Vipers I've been picking up cheap at Target.  I also got the Arctic Duke figure.

The Elite IV isn't anyting mysterious, just a standard fig with red paint.  It looks good with a lot of weathering and such.  The joints are all solid and it looks like a full blown production figure.

The Duke figure is also pretty nice.  He didn't come with a jacket, as most don't, but I think one of the upcoming Snow Job jackets might be a good replacement.  The figure is pretty nice with good articulation, but I don't like his right hand much, it's not really suited to holding a weapon.  The accessories are pretty decent also.  The backpack doesn't fit that well without the jacket on but I think that'll correct itself once I put a jacket on him.  The rocket launcher isn't bad but since they included that backpack holder for it I think I'd have preferred there to be no shoulder strap.  The snowboard is pretty nice but the foot pegs don't hold Duke's feet that well, he looks a little off, but they hold nice so it's not bad.  The pack all fits together well with the accessories.

Over all I'm pretty happy with both figures.  Next up, Desert  Battle Ripcord and Zartan. 

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 07:32 PM »
I think I might pick up one of the Dukes. I can always use the jacket from one of the Arctic Shipwrecks at TRU. Maybe I'll get an Elite IV too. Can never have too many IVs. :)