Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91691 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #75 on: August 8, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Haven't found time to crack into any figures yet, but decided to check out the "wolf hound" while watching Terminator 3 today.  Instructions were very wanky on assembly, but thankfully I remember my 8yr old self having put this thing together and Hasbro having faith in the current public on putting these things together.  60 some odd stickers.  Took me about the full length of the movie to get these all on straight.  Starting to hate these stickers, but loved em as a kiddo....not too much love for them now though

Great vehicle - love the updated missle firing system, but HATE the silly swirls....very lame especially since it seems it was only applied to various parts of the vehicle.  Oh well - was fun "putting it together" though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 9, 2010, 01:58 AM »
I got around to opening Firefly and Snow Job today.  Both are really nice figures and both have a ton of accessories.

Firefly I almost passed on but in the end I thought the outfit looked really cool so I picked him up.  The highlights for me are the backpack and the alternate head.  Just a new, interesting look for FF.  Plus the mines that fit on the pack, cool.  I would have like to have seen a couple knives rather than the arm shields, though.  I almost broke one of them trying to put it on his arm and then just stuck them to his vest after that before I did more damage.

Snow Job is excellent.  One of the best figs I think Hasbro has done to date.  The guy is loaded.  My only complaint on SJ is the mess kit, the handle isn't hinged, so you're basically breaking the plastic to fold it over.  That's just a waste IMO.  I'm still surprised how they got everything on his pack but unless I missed something, they could have gone one step further and put a peg on the ice axe so that would hang off the pack, and they could have left off the fake bed roll since they included the shooting mat/shelter piece.  Those are minor, however, as this is now one of my favorite figs of the modern 25th+ lines. 

After getting these two open I'm tempted to go back for Duke and Beachhead also, but may pass because I want to get both Spirit and Quick Kick next. Still, since this is going to be a relatively small collection, I'm tempted to just collect the whole thing.  I'm actually more excited about them than anything coming in the SW Vintage Collection.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: August 9, 2010, 02:37 AM »
POC figs were $6.97 at my nearby WM this weekend...  I thought I'd read $9.99 prices or something?  If I'm wrong though, sorry, just figured I'd post the cost I saw on the one POC figure I saw.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 9, 2010, 09:41 AM »
POC figs were $6.97 at my nearby WM this weekend...  I thought I'd read $9.99 prices or something?  If I'm wrong though, sorry, just figured I'd post the cost I saw on the one POC figure I saw.  ::)

they were, they adjusted them back down the other day

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Looks like K-Mart isn't in the POC game either. Stopped at my local one last night looking for Jodo (no dice) and there were no pegs for Joes to be found. Then I hit the clearance aisle and found scads of later-wave figs from ROC on clearance. I did find one of the Combat Heroes sets I was looking for, but no POC.

Kind of disappointing. I'm really glad I managed to get a full set at TRU a few weeks ago, otherwise, trying to find an Alley Viper or CC locally would be an incredible pain.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2010, 11:53 AM »
It seems like, at least locally, these are scooped up within a day or two of stocking.  Like others, I saw them at TRU once (and a brief sighting at Target), but otherwise it has been empty pegs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2010, 03:55 PM »
New boxed vehicle images
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Bought Snow Job and Cobra Commander.  CC is pretty cool (enough), but Snow Job is freaking incredible.  Wow.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2010, 08:52 PM »
Yeah even I had to cave and get Snowjob.  He's fan-friggin'-tastic.  One of the best Joe figures ever.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 11:07 PM »
Guess I'm not going for a carded collection of POC based on numerous comments throughout the web on how great these figures are (hit or miss).  Cards are nice n all and it's a good throwback with a refreshed look, but I've been playing that game with SW for close to a decade and it was VERY TOUGH to do that in combo with the 25th stuff from years back.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2010, 02:56 PM »
New boxed vehicle images

Cool AWE Striker.  Can't wait to pick that up.  That Ice Cutter looks cool too.  When are these coming out?

Does anyone know when the RAGE/Fury is going to be released?  I'm going to buy a couple of those for sure.  Need one to complete my 2008 Joecon Headhunter set since the Club couldn't find the wheel molds.  

Now Hasbo should re-mold the Mauler turret and other missing pieces.  Then release a green and blue version like was planned for the 2007 Joecon.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:57 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Seems like most Targets in my area only ordered 1 or 2 cases of w1.  Pegs have been bone dry for awhile - even SS and Duke sold through.  Not really sure what the scene is at WM, but TRU seems to have a pretty good stock during each visit (in my never ending battle to find those new TFA figs)  w2 is hitting and I really want to bite on a few of those suckers when they finally show up.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Found one case of w2 at my local Target. Jungle Vipers were gone (of course) but I did get a Dusty. I suppose I'd be butthurt about missing the JVs if I hadn't preordered this wave this week.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Walmart has a couple figs left here but Target is a clean sweep, even all of the vehicles moved except for one of the Sky Hawks, or whatever they're called now.  Hoping that wave 2 will drop any day now, I'd like to get Dusty and probably Recondo, maybe that Jungle Viper.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2010, 04:22 PM »
I caved and bought the entire wave this morning at Target + x2 Jungle Vipers.  That's a pretty sick figure.  Now I just need to set aside some time to open w1 & w2.  I did open an Alley Viper last week and I'm glad this version can actually hold his shield.  Army-builder's delight!