Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91936 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 09:07 AM »
That came up at SDCC but I can't place the source.  probably Hiss Tank or Toy News International  After that it looks like GI Joe as we know it dies again and we get animated/clone wars type skinny angular figures. 

Enjoy it while you can.   

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 10:30 AM »
It came up at the GI Joe Convention.  I don't remember if it was specifically said there would only be 4 waves, but the POC line is only going to run for about a year then switch to figures based on the Renegades cartoon.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 10:50 AM »
awww suck

does anyone have the skn for the new single pack figures to look them up at TRU?  I wanna stop by there in 45 min to see if they got them in so I can take advantage of the sale...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29 AM »
I don't know if it's four waves or not, but that was the number I heard on the Hisstank forums. I think we've only seen, what, three waves so far, and that goes through March of next year, so maybe there might be another couple of waves after that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 06:23 PM »
If there is only four waves, I might get in on this line a little bit more.  It should be fairly spread out, and maybe the last big "hurrah" before there would possibly be a switch to the animated style (sort of following SW in that way, unless they go with two lines like SW as well).  There are a number of the POC figures that look nifty (Snake Eyes, Low Light, Dusty, Recondo, Beach Head, etc.)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Picked up Quick Kick, Spirit, Snowcat, and the new HISS tonight at TRU.  Kind of difficult to dive head first into this line especially with all the new SW stuff coming out, but I did it.  Will probably keep them carded/boxed up for the next few days before I decide to open or return.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Grabbed the new HISS earlier this week from TRU (since apparently Target isn't going to be carrying the 25 buck vehicle assortment), and despite it being this weird brown color, it's a great toy.  There are a shitpile of stickers, though, so prepare your tweezers and fingers for a long afternoon.  One cool thing about the stickers is there are multiple letter/number labels included so you can do your own customized legion number or what have you.  Just looking at mine, I think it'd look good as a Mandalorian tank for SW, so one could always use "THX-1138" or something for that purpose. :)

A friend of mine commented that the color is the same as the color Hasbro has used on "brown coat" Hoth Han figures for the last 15 years (you know, that "it's almost real brown but slightly off" color), so that may clarify it for those of you who are on the fence based on color alone.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2010, 10:02 PM »
I may buy the new HISS but I'm going to wait for the black one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2010, 09:30 AM »
I may buy the new HISS but I'm going to wait for the black one.

I thought they said it was supposed to be grey?  Either way - better than brown.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2010, 09:28 PM »
I saw the new Desert Snake Eyes, Desert Storm Shadow, and Snow Job at a TRU yesterday.  Was really, really tempted on the Snow Job; he looks fantastic.  I'm sure I'll cave and pick him up at some point.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2010, 01:58 PM »
I'm going to custom paint my HISS tank that I got, I don't like the color (or all the stickers).  I'd rather them paint those on.

Also, I picked up Beach Head and Firefly at TRU yesterday.  Pretty damn nice figures.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2010, 03:31 PM »
dangit - I knew I shoulda went to TRU today - oh well, scored some MU variants.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Scored most of wave 1 at TRU today, leaving behind Snow Job (because I already had him) and Storm Shadow (because I don't like this particular version.)

What can I say? I've been looking forward to these for months, and though I've only opened Beach Head and the Alley Viper so far, I'm not at all disappointed. I didn't think I could be this impressed by mere pieces of plastic, but I am.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2010, 12:34 PM »
The local Target has been resetting the action figure aisle over the last week, and put out 2 cases of Wave 1 earlier this week.  I picked up Cobra Commander, Snow Job, Beach Head, Alley Viper, and Firefly, and two days later when I went back, all that was left were the multiple Dukes, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadows.  :)

I have to say that I was beyond impressed with Snow Job.  I don't think I recall a figure coming with this many accessories at this price point, especially one from Hasbro; the only one that is comparable is the ROC Pit Trooper, although I'd say Snow Job beats him in how all his accessories can be packed on the figure itself.  I mean, he comes with a frigging frying pan!  This is, all in all, probably the best Joe figure I've gotten since the RAH days back in the 80's, and definitely the most fun figure this year.  The other figures are nice, but Snow Job is the winner, hands-down.

My only complaint is with Beach Head, mainly when it comes to his weaponry.  All the other figures have the ability to carry/pack their weapons (Firefly's backpack even holds his extra head), but Beach's plethora of guns have nowhere to go; not even a holster for the pistol.  Plus, and maybe I just got a bad one, the knife sheath on his back doesn't even have a knife that goes in it, making it a little useless.  Even though he's sculpted well, and has more accessories than you can shake a stick at, I can't help but feel a little disappointed that he doesn't have a backpack or anything to carry all of it around with him.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2010, 01:32 PM »
I'm looking forward to Snow Job.  I think I'm also getting Firefly (even though I don't need another).  I may get Duke, but I'm not a big fan of his so I'm not positive.

I'm not sure about the Alley Viper.  It's a nice figure, but I'm really waiting for the Cobra Shock Trooper, I want to army build a few of him so I may save my Joe budget till then.

I have to get to TRU sometime soon also, because I really want Spirit and Quick Kick.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"