Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 92313 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2010, 07:27 PM »
The new figures look cool.  I thought the CC was new but it's only a repaint of ROC crap version and an easy pass.  The rest except for Duke and Storm Shadow look great.  Still can't wait for the Rage/Fury.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2010, 07:52 PM »
TRU has a BOGOHO sale again on Joes today and tomorrow, but all they had was SE & SS so I left without them.

The new figures look cool.  I thought the CC was new but it's only a repaint of ROC crap version and an easy pass.

I'm pissed he doesn't come with the mini H.I.S.S. tank.  Would have bought him just for that, but not now.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 1, 2010, 07:42 PM »
I saw Beachhead, which I thought was going to be a sure thing for me to buy, but the new design just doesn't do it for me.  The accessories are incredible, but these figures aren't doing it for me (except for Snow Job, who I will get as soon as I find one with a decent paint job).
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 1, 2010, 10:19 PM »
Cobra Commander's head sculpt looks new to me? 

I have picked up him, Beach Head and Firefly so far... and am scratching my head as to why these are $9.97 at Wal-Mart.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 2, 2010, 11:32 AM »
yeah CC has a new head.

I saw these for the first time at WM last night and yeah they were $10 each.  I did grab CC since supposedly he is going to be rare - but I have a feeling he wont really be that hard to find and I can take back my $10 version...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 2, 2010, 11:48 AM »
I've seen at least 5 Cobra Commanders so far, for what it's worth.

Also the ROC figures are $10 a pop at Wal-Mart too.  I'm hoping this is some sort of insane error in their system.  These figures look nice, but I think they should be about $5 each.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 2, 2010, 12:00 PM »
I saw these at both Target and TRU over the weekend, and ended up picking up the new Snake Eyes and Beachhead.  Personally, I think these are pretty spiffy figures.  I do like the new cardbacks, and the figures in general (at least these two) are very well done.  Tons of accessories, nice sculpts, and a good update to the older looks I think.  I have to admit, after opening these two up, I'm tempted to get more now.  Pretty nice line it seems, too bad it will be short lived most likely.  I could see it doing pretty well for awhile, if this quality kept up.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 3, 2010, 09:36 PM »
I was just looking at a few of the pics from SDCC again, and are upcoming figures like Low Light, that spiffy Snake Eyes, and the other "2011" figures part of this line as well?  I thought that they were, but I was just curious.  I have to say, pretty much everything looks great.  It is a shame that it could possibly be a short-lived line with the animated stuff around the corner.  The figures (and vehicles for that matter) really look great, and pretty fun.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 3, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Yeah, the Low Light wave coming in early 2011 is all part of this same line, POC. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 4, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Picked up AV, Firefly, & Snowjob tonight.  CC's are piling up.  Wish they would have included the mini HISS with him.  The mech suits look pretty horrid in person - way too toyish, but I dig the figures with the sets so I may pick them up in time.  I'll probably cave on the Dreadnock cycle & the revamped jet thing named that elludes me at this time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: August 4, 2010, 09:50 PM »
I got Snowjob and AV for my brother tonight...

Got a SJ for myself too, and man is he among the most badass action figures ever.  I can't wait to pick up Low Light now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 6, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Target finally reset most of the Action Figure aisles today but nothing new on the Joe front was stocked.  The pegs are up, $6.99, so maybe tomorrow.  I'm snagging that Snow Job if I find him!

In non-Joe news, did find the new Clone Wars figs and bought Aurra Sing and Pre Viszla.  I just want to see the VC figs but I probably won't even buy any if they show.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 7, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Nothing at Target this morning but I found a case of figs at Walmart for $6.97.  I bought Snow Job and Firefly.  I almost came home with Duke also, but I'm sure he'll be around later.  They also had a Cobra Commander but I passed.  Not really interested in that figure.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 7, 2010, 03:23 PM »
They also had a Cobra Commander but I passed.  Not really interested in that figure.

I'm not either, but I picked him up last time for some reason.  For a "chase" he has been VERY easy to find.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 8, 2010, 05:39 PM »
It might just be a case of the timing of things right now, but these things seem to be selling like crazy locally.  Maybe each store is just getting a case or something, but our Targets have sold through these in a day each and TRU is about the same.  I picked up a couple of figures (Snake Eyes and Beach Head) at TRU a week or so ago, and thought of getting more, but haven't seen more than a single Duke and Storm Shadow (at different stores) since then.  It does look like a nicely done line though.