Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91693 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2010, 09:28 PM »
That's great that you got to take advantage of that sale and free shipping.  I missed out on it because the figs I wanted were all sold out every time I checked.

Target slowly sold down the wave 2 stuff they had and today restocked.  I was initially psyched when I saw new product, but it was just more wave 2, nothing new.  I don't know if any of the wave 3 stuff has been reported at retail yet, but unless Target clears these figs this week I fear we won't see the next wave till March or later. 

As much as I'm looking forward to this Snake Eyes, I'm dying for the Low Light.  God that is such a beautiful figure.  It sucks that I saw them in person so long ago and still have a month or more till they get released.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2010, 09:44 PM »
I've been too busy with SW + TF on HTS + other areas to even think about w3 POC.  I've heard numorus times over that the new SE is fantastic and I'm sure I'll see him at retail some day.  Most of my Targets are wiped out of Joes for the most part, but WM's seem to be very caked with figures (including AV)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2010, 05:23 PM »
I know it's pretty late on Christmas Eve, but Targets nationwide have scads of w3 right now. I picked up four Shockies for my five, and considered another SE. Oddly, SE was almost wiped out at my local Target, while most of the Shockies were still there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Picked up Snake Eyes, Duke, and my 2 Shocktroopers at Target this morning.  Left without the stinker.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2010, 08:19 PM »
So far I've purchased a few POC but those are now gone.  I was tempted by some of wave 3 last night but passed.  I like the accessories, especially the shield, that comes with the Shock Trooper.  Snake Eyes looks like the best one yet besides 1982/83 and 1985.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Wow....I missed Snake Eyes w/pup from w1 or w2 all this time?  I've never seen him on the pegs or never cared to look until now so wow......2 more new SE figs for me to open.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2010, 10:39 AM »
W1 SE is pretty neat. He's got nothing on the w3 version, but I'm kind of a sucker for SE figures even after 50-odd versions.

Looks like my set of w4 is available at BBTS. That was fast.  :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:39 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 3, 2011, 05:17 PM »
while i'm a fan of Joes I rarely buy unless it's for an SW custum, saw and bought SE on the spot at Target. BAD FREAKIN' A$$
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: January 3, 2011, 08:56 PM »
Put me in that group too...  I don't buy many GIJ's but I did buy SE tonight.  Good lord what a neat figure.

Looks like they've seen Marauder Inc.'s high quality accessories and decided to start making removable supressors.

Got my bro a set sans Stormshadow because Stormshadow always feels like overkill, but I did get him an SE even though he normally doesn't buy SE's much any longer.  To me, this figure replaces them all.  Now if they'd just make an articulated Timber to go with him.

BTW, $5 POC figures at WM too...  Not where Ig ot the new ones, but they had a lot of figures from all the previous waves.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2011, 08:57 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 3, 2011, 10:27 PM »
Now if they'd just make an articulated Timber to go with him.

I haven't opened my long lost w1 version of SE, but I'm pretty sure that his version of Timber at least has an articulated head.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: January 3, 2011, 11:09 PM »
Nah, I'm talking something with poseable legs and head at least.  Something that actually can assume some common pet posing like laying at your feet, lunging/running, or just standing there.  It'd be pretty slick I think to have a Timber that could match its master in coolness.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 4, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Nah, I'm talking something with poseable legs and head at least.  Something that actually can assume some common pet posing like laying at your feet, lunging/running, or just standing there.  It'd be pretty slick I think to have a Timber that could match its master in coolness.

The "real feel" fur is a must for this ultimate version.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 8, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Picked up w3 Snake Eyes, Duke, and the Cobra Shock Trooper at Target earlier today.  They were part (along with the crappy action-feature laden Storm Shadow) of one of those "endcap longboxes" with 3 of each figure. 

Snake Eyes is pretty much the best version of that character they've ever done, dating all the way back to the old non-swivel arm version I got back in 1982.  I'd go so far as to say it's one of the 5 best Joe figures in the 3.75" scale ever, if not the best. 

I was surprised how much I liked Duke (I hadn't even planned on getting him).  Pretty simple figure (once you take the Rock'nRoll v2-style gear off him), and works well as an updated version of the character far better than the first POC version, which I thought was a bit too busy, design-wise.

The Shock Trooper is damned near perfect, although my problem with him is the same one I had with the POC Beachhead (the fact that most of his weaponry can't be attached or stored on his person).  Lots of cool gear, and lots of built-in customizability, so I'm sure he'll do very well at retail.

I'm actually liking the POC stuff (basic figure-wise) more than the 25th anniversary stuff, which I thought was just about perfect.  Is Hasbro still planning on doing something stupid and abandoning this style of stuff for the animated Renegades figures?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 8, 2011, 06:39 PM »
  Is Hasbro still planning on doing something stupid and abandoning this style of stuff for the animated Renegades figures?

Nope. Now they're going to keep POC going, and any Renegades figures they do will be in the realistic style, which I guess means that Hasbro realizes what audience actually buys GI Joes. I'll dig up the Q & A where they confirmed this, but it might take me a while. I do know it's on Hisstank though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 9, 2011, 03:52 PM »
Stopped by a WM for the first time in awhile that actually carries Joes.  Finally found a Fury and headed to the register...To my surprise it rang up $17.  Not quite as good as Ross, but I'll take it.  Went back and grabbed the Vamp.  Now if I could just find a black HISS I'm all good.  Also grabbed a cheapo Cobra mech suit at TRU with some rewards coupons.