Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91932 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2011, 11:24 PM »
Went into two Targets and both of them had pegs crammed full of Cobra Shock Troopers and Alley Vipers.  I picked up six of each on sale for $6.99.  Don't know if this is isolated luck or if there are case revisions with these popular army builders hitting.  Just a heads up.  Also saw one Shadow Tracker and two Skydives at each Target.  No new Destros and no Low Lights.  But man...it was tough leaving any of those Shock Troopers on the pegs.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2011, 11:26 PM »
I saw similar...  Lots of the riot Cobra and Alley Viper...  Lots of good army builders in general.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2011, 01:17 AM »
I'm jealous.  Two WM stores I've been in recently have clearanced out their Joes, my store has 2 Arctic Destros since the first of the year and Target is so backed up with Wave 2 that I don't see them getting anything in.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2011, 11:40 AM »
I've been seeing a very steady flow of figures rotating at both Target and TRU.  It's a shame that Wal-Mart dropped the line, because the figures seemed to move really well there too. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2011, 12:07 PM »
I've been seeing a very steady flow of figures rotating at both Target and TRU.  It's a shame that Wal-Mart dropped the line, because the figures seemed to move really well there too. 

I've been seeing the same thing... less so at Target since they have fewer pegs. I'm also fortunate to still have a local WM stocking Joes, and it's been like a personal treasure chest. Lowlights, Shadow Trackers, Destros, Shock Troopers, and everything else all stocked fairly regularly... and it all sells out!

I gotta say, the revision cases for Joes and Marvel Universe have really helped get a lot of figures back into rotation. I hope Star Wars gets the same treatment later this year.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Yeah, I think the Star Wars team could learn a thing or two for vintage by looking at how the GI JOE line has been handled.  However, they need to also find a way to lower the MSRP for vintage.  I think the price is hurting that line.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2011, 12:31 AM »
Just got an email from BBTS that my set of wave 6 is in stock, so in about a week, I'll have new Joes.  ;D

Wonder what happened to wave 5. Not that I'm complaining; I was more looking forward to wave 6.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2011, 12:41 AM »
Found a fresh case of wave 3 at Walmart yesterday.  Three each Snake Eyes, Duke, Storm Shadow and Shock Trooper.  Picked up all 3 Shock Troops.  Felt a little guilty buying the whole lot, but I won't need any more and rather than pin my hopes on another restock, I'll let everyone else in town fight over those.

I'm hoping that Wave 4 shows up, especially that second revision, it has 2 each of the army builders, although there's no Low-Light.  I'd like 2 if not 3 more Alley Vipers.  But, with wave 6 being spotted at retail, I may need to save my cash to hopefully stock up on Iron Grenadiers and Vipers.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2011, 12:48 PM »
Finally found a Shadow Tracker at Target earlier this week, but I actually found him to be a little bit disappointing.  For all the cool gear he comes with, I can't get any of it to work properly, mainly due to his dreadlocks blocking the backpack hole for his arrow/quiver setup.  I guess I was spoiled with how Low Light could pack every last piece of his gear along with him.  All I need now is Money Case Destro and I'll be...oh wait, the next wave just started showing up.  ****.   :-\

Also picked up the Fury w/ Alley Viper Officer at Ross for 12 bucks.  I normally don't buy Joe vehicles due to the room they take up, but it was too good a deal to pass up. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2011, 11:17 PM »
That was one of my complaints with Shadow Tracker also.  Loved him when photos started showing up, but reality set in quick.  He really can only carry one or two of his accessories and the rest are left on the shelf.  The one saving point on the quiver is that it'll also attach to his leg so that's an option.  But I wish they'd cut down one or two accessories and invested in a sheath or two.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2011, 04:48 PM »
After seeing what Hasbro released in the Captain America deluxe figure line, I'm wondering why they couldn't have snuck a working parachute into the Crazy Legs packaging.  He's light on accessories anyway, so why not throw in an awesome play feature that really kind of works for all ages?

I'm thinking now that I should pick up one of the Target soldier figs with the working chute and part it out.  And I wasn't even going to buy Crazy Legs.

E...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Two of my three local Wal-Marts (the "A level" stores with a full toy section) completed their resets for the new summer movie toys this week, and right in the middle of it were six pegs for "GI JOE SINGLE FIGURE."  So, at the very least, it seems that WM is back in the Joe-selling business (for the time being).  Nothing had been stocked in those sections as of this morning, but at least there's space for them.

Of course, a road trip out of town saw me visit 4 other WMs, all of which had the same situation, but with pegs freshly stocked with at least 3 cases of 2011 wave 1 (the wave with the Shock Trooper).  Great.   :-\

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Of course, a road trip out of town saw me visit 4 other WMs, all of which had the same situation, but with pegs freshly stocked with at least 3 cases of 2011 wave 1 (the wave with the Shock Trooper).  Great.   :-\

My local WMs never dropped Joes, but they got hammered with the Wave 3 cases a few weeks back. I never thought I'd see the Shock Troopers pegwarming, but it's a reality at those stores.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2011, 01:11 AM »
Over on Hiss Tank they had a thread about WM stores putting up new pegs for Joe with this latest reset.  My store never dropped them, but they had wave 1 and 2 early then one case of wave 3 snuck in a few weeks ago but it's been very sparse.  There was a point where the only two figures they had on the shelf were two wave 1 Destro figures for over 2 months....they're still there but now joined by two left over W3 Duke figs.

After Christmas they had a shelf spot for the Bravo vehicles, never stocked them.  The pegs were there for maybe 2 or 3 months, never stocked, and then they got pulled.

E...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Cool, thanks for the info.

All the Wal-Marts out here reset with 8 pegs for POC figures this week... 3 stores are empty, 1 store put out what looked like old stock from Wave 1 (cards were not in great shape, I'm sure they had put them back in the stockroom when they removed Joes from the aisle).

Looking forward to hopefully an onslaught of the Cobra Trooper and Cobra Viper waves in the coming weeks!