Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91931 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #255 on: June 9, 2011, 12:16 PM »
I've found the Cobra Trooper/Steel Brigade case twice now.  So, I now have 4 of the Cobra Trooper, and 3 of the Streel Brigade trooper.  Tempted to keep them but I have a feeling I'll give them to my kid.

If your kid doesn't like them I'd be willing to give them a good home. :P I haven't seen Wave 5 in my area yet, and Wave 6 hasn't hit very hard. (Something like 1 case at some WMs)

I did order some Steel Brigades, 2 Cobras, and a BAT online, and they are AWESOME figures. I love the variety of accessories that each figure comes with. It's nice that the different heads, backpacks, and weapons included with the SB and BAT allow for figures to fill different "roles". I have one SB displayed as a heavy weapons/bazooka guy, another with the machine gun, and two others as riflemen. I'm looking forward to getting a few more BATs so I can have some displayed as damaged and undamaged, and some with arm attachments and others with the gatling guns.

Hasbro would be wise to repack the Steel Brigade and Cobra Troopers in the 30th Anniv. collection. At least they're on the right track with repacking the Viper.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2011, 01:21 PM »
still no sign of wave 5 or wave 6 for me

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2011, 02:23 PM »
No wave 5 here either, but we did get that one case of 6 at Walmart a couple weeks ago.  Of course, it was immediatly wiped out and we're back to our 2 Arctic Destro figs.  I was hoping, after seeing the RGIS tags around the store, that we'd see some new stock now that spring inventory was over.  But it's been another week or more since then.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2011, 11:26 AM »
http://generalsjoes.com/ has pics of some carded stuff from the 30th line, including the new Stalker. Looks like the IG, Steel Brigade, and Viper are getting repacked, which is great since I know I'm not alone in wanting a few more of those guys.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2011, 03:13 PM »
I really like the Iron Grenadier and I'll probably get one or two more, but I don't think I'll end up with as many as I thought I would.  The Viper is really excellent and this update seems to have the red arm pads.  So I may snag a couple more but I don't know if I'll splash out a lot of money on them.

I saw the Steel Brigade in person at Philly CC last weekend and it looks really great.  I'll probably get a few of those along with the Hawk. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2011, 03:51 PM »
I'm a little bummed Stalker has dreds.  Seriously, he's a US Army Ranger, so his hair shouldn't be like that, but I'll still nab him.  Stalker was one of my first Joes...  Loved him, and his camo deco.  An update will certainly be nice to have in my meager Joe display.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2011, 09:39 AM »
That reminds me - I still need to dig out my carded baby puke green 25th Stalker and see if he's still selling for insane cash.

Oh, I picked up the mech suits last night at TJMaxx for $9.99 each.  Not bad.  Noticed they still have ROC figs and Combat Heroes after all this time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2011, 12:53 PM »
What weirds me out is how much lighter Stalker's skin tone is on the card art compared to the figure itself:

Was lightening the skin tone so much really necessary?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2011, 05:14 PM »
Cancelled mail away CC is up at http://www.gijoeclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=2438

I would so LOVE to have that mini Hiss, but I'm not shelling out $60 for it + I missed out on Dial Tone so not seeing it but ya.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2011, 08:41 PM »
I'm surprisded that Cobra Commander isn't sold out yet, it seemed like quite a few people were buying it over on Hiss Tank.  I wonder how many the Club got?  I ordered two because I think I'd like to open one.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #265 on: July 1, 2011, 01:17 PM »
A local WM started carrying Joe out of the blue. I was pretty stoked. First time I saw Low-Light at retail. Anyway, he's up for trade if anyone's still looking for him.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 2, 2011, 01:20 AM »
Either they uncovered some old stock or my Walmart got a new case of POC Thursday.  There were four leftover figs on the pegs and if I'm right, they came from a case that had Skydive, Shadow Tracker and some army builders in it.  All that was left were Duke, Beachhead, Storm Shadow and Jungle Viper.

If I'm right I didn't miss out on anything but maybe an army builder or two.  Still, it's been so long between cases, it's depressing to think they got one case, sold through and now we may have to wait 2 more months for a restock.

Edit -> Just checked my notes and WM had their last new case of Joe figures on 5/23 when they got Wave 6 with the Iron Grenadier.  So, I guess it'll be about August 5th or so before we get more figs...

I may just buy the Beachhead feed the craving.

E...
« Last Edit: July 2, 2011, 01:29 AM by efranks »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 2, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Picked up all of w6 or whatever the Steel Brigade wave is at a WM this morning.  He rocks, but the rest of the wave is mostly uninspired IMO so not sure if I'm going to return them or not.  Was just stoked to see new Joes on the pegs.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 6, 2011, 12:14 AM »
finally found some newness while out on a travel at a WM, grabbed the new CC and Hawk.  Passed on the new Blowtorch - didnt see any of the others from the wave.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Well, I'm more than a little pissed at my local Walmart.  After the crappy day on HTS yesterday, I stopped at Walmart and after getting approximately 1 case each of the two newest waves of POC, a month apart, and skipping the Low-Light wave altogether, they had at least 2 cases on the pegs.  But they were all early wave stuff.

Alley Viper, Ultimate Snake Eyes, Snake Eyes w/ Timber, Jungle Duke, Dusty, Recondo, Snow Job, Storm Shadow, Beachhead, Firefly...maybe something else I'm forgetting.

What I want to know is where the hell did this crap come from and why did they never get wave 5 (Hawk, Steel Brigade, etc) or only 1 case of Wave 6 (Crazy Legs, Croc Master, IG)?  Anyone else seeing this at Walmart?

Target hasn't had anything new since they got one cardboard shelf display of the SE/Duke/Shocktrooper/Storm Shadow wave way back in January.  I'm hoping for something to come down the line when they do their reset this week, but I'm not holding my breath.  I screwed up on W5 because, unlike W4 (Shadow Tracker, Skydive, LL, Destro) which I ordered online, I took my chances at retail and missed.

E...