Author Topic: X-Men Vs. Avengers...Vote Now!  (Read 4594 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
X-Men Vs. Avengers...Vote Now!
« on: March 7, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Okay, lets poll the JD fanbase.  If you had to pick just one, which would be your favorite team (past, present, or future)?  And please don't post Fantastic Four (yawn) or Awful Flight (silly Canadians, besides they are dead).  Feel free to post your ultimate lineup as well.

Avengers  -  3
X-Men   -  8

Its starting to look like a blood bath here Avengers fans...  

Don't forget X-fans, Wolverine has been more active in the Avengers lately than in the X-Men AND it looks like Beast will be back with the Avengers as well.  
« Last Edit: March 8, 2010, 05:05 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men Vs. Avengers...Vote Now!
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2010, 10:59 AM »
I'm obviously going with the Avengers and I think my favorite is still the old West Coast Avengers lineup (Hawk, Mockingbird, Silver Centurian Iron Man, Tigra, Wonderman).  Ultimately, this is the team I would love to see in action:

Captain America (Steve Rodgers)
Thor (I'd take Ares, but not looking so good for him lately)
Iron Man
Hawkeye
Ms. Marvel
Arachne
Mockingbird
Wasp (Janet, not Hank) or Spiderwoman
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 7, 2010, 01:43 PM »
When I was actually reading Marvel Comics "back in the day" (college), I was reading all of the X-titles, so I'd pick the X-Men.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 7, 2010, 02:55 PM »
I've been a huge X-Men fan since I was a kid (although my interest really began to wane when Claremont left to start X-Treme X-Men following his removal from the main two books, post-Revolution), so I'm firmly on that side of the room.  As for favorite team era, it would probably be the early 1980's Claremont/Byrne team consisting of:

-Cyclops
-Jean Grey/Phoenix
-Wolverine
-Storm
-Colossus
-Nightcrawler
-Banshee (pre- losing his voice)

Throw in the "Dark Phoenix"-era ancillary supporting team members (Beast, who was, ironically, a member of the Avengers at the time, Angel, Dazzler, and Kitty Pryde) and it was pretty much the perfect era, both creative team and character team-wise, for that book, in my opinion.

That being said, the current lineup in "X-Men Forever" is pretty nice, too:

-Jean Grey/Phoenix
-Gambit
-Rogue
-Beast
-Shadowcat
-Nightcrawler
...with Cyclops, Professor X, Nick Fury, Sabretooth, and "Storm" as supporting ancillary characters

(Favorite other X-Team of all time was the second incarnation of X-Factor, with Havok, Polaris, Jamie Madrox, Wolfbane, and Strong Guy, written by Peter David)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: March 7, 2010, 03:12 PM »
X-Men for me. I don't even know how many copies of X-Men #1 from 1991 I burned through, reading it so many times.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 7, 2010, 08:24 PM »
I am totally a Spider-Man guy and was never crazy of the Avengers or X-men.  If i had to go with which team has more characters I like, it would be Avengers though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 7, 2010, 11:20 PM »
Avengers guy here...line up?

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Wasp
Yellowjacket
Hawkeye
Vision
Scarlet Witch

Just missing the cut:

Black Panther
Black Knight
Moon Knight
Hercules
Wonder Man
Beast

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 7, 2010, 11:57 PM »
Not remotely keeping up with current lineups so going strongly based on the past.  Spidey first and foremost but if I'm picking teams, it is X.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 8, 2010, 09:16 AM »
I too will go with X-Men due to my brainwashed childhood - I loved the show.  So X-Men, and my team would have to be all the people from the animated series.   ;D

edit:  +Morph - I always liked Morph and the story line behind him on the series - I felt bad for the guy!
« Last Edit: March 8, 2010, 09:17 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 8, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Not remotely keeping up with current lineups so going strongly based on the past.  Spidey first and foremost but if I'm picking teams, it is X.

Yep.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 8, 2010, 01:16 PM »
When I was reading Marvel in the mid 90's I was a big X-Men fan.  I only ever read a couple Avengers books and probably most of them were due to them being a chapter in a summer crossover.

I have my favorite X-Men but I don't believe they've all ever been one "team" in the books, they've all just rotated in and out at different times.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 8, 2010, 04:12 PM »
X-Men all the way

I will go back to the 90's when they were running the "BLUE" and "Gold" teams.

Blue -
Cyclops
Beast
Gambit
Psylocke
Rouge
Wolverine

Gold -
Storm
Archangel
Bishop
Colossus
Iceman
Jean Grey
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 05:06 PM »
I've kind of gone back and forth with this.  As a kid, and into my HS/college years, it was X-Men all the way.  The three comics I read regularly as a kid were Spider-Man (Amazing, Spider-Man, Web of...), Batman (and Detective Comics), and Uncanny X-Men.  It wasn't until I started branching out into Iron Man that I started reading more Avengery stuff (outside of Secret Wars anyways).

Since I've gotten back into comics as an adult though, I suppose its been a little more on the Avengers side of things.  I read the new stuff, and I've been slowly getting caught up on the classic/older stuff as well.  I still read X-Men too (mainly Uncanny, and Astonishing when Whedon was on it)...but Avengers in general seems to just be getting more of a push these days with several comics and building towards the movie...so there is just more of it out there right now.  I really like both, and would hate to choose one over the other.  Modern day, I'd probably go with X-Men...but with the Avengers books potentially returning to a more "classic"-ish lineup (at least in one of the titles) it makes it tougher.