Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5  (Read 87765 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: "Vintage" Collection Wave 5 (2011 Wave 1)
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Couldn't Han be 'improved' by using Smuggler Lando's torso? His shirt's buttoned up.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Thanks guys... have to decide if a silver antenna is worth $8.50.

I don't think that it is.

Yeah, I'm not sure this will be enough to get me to buy it either.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Couldn't Han be 'improved' by using Smuggler Lando's torso? His shirt's buttoned up.

Oh, you mean like this?  :)

After looking at the figures in this wave, I can honestly say it'll be good to take a wave off.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2010, 10:35 PM »
Any chance that this wave seems a bit thrown together because it was a TPM wave that got bounced for the 3D release in Fall 2011?  Hasbro suggests they delaying the TPM figs in one of the Q and A? 

Steve that Han looks nice

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2010, 01:40 AM »
I guess this is Hasbro's "gift" to us after the amazing ROTJ and AOTC waves. :-\
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2010, 02:11 AM »
Something's a little off on the Lando torso, don't know why.  Maybe the bulk of the shirt, I'm not sure.  I'd really prefer seeing them just resculpt that torso and set of arms all together I guess.  That new Han's looking like a space turd so far.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2010, 07:03 AM »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Oh well, ultimately it doesn't matter.  I already know that I'll still buy 1x to keep with my carded Han collection and then I'll move on to waiting for Bespin Han... hopefully they don't screw him up too.  :-\

That's one figure they better not screw up. I will quit if they do. I hope the line survives until his release.

Agreed.  Definitely my most anticipated figure, and I hope it is done up well.

I noticed in one of the Q and A answers this week (can't remember which site, I was reading the summary at JTA) they mentioned that R5-D4 is coming out, but he won't be a repack (this was prior to the reveal).  Is R5 actually a new sculpt, and if so, why?  I guess I was pretty satisfied with the previous version.

EDIT:  Here's Hasbro's answer (from LICHTGESCHWINDIGKEIT (SPEED OF LIGHT))

.....We won't have as many instances of taking an existing figures and repacking on Vintage cards (a sort of "Greatest Hits" approach for Vintage) in '11 as we did in '10, which leaves a wider berth for more true new/refreshed figures. What we will try to do is make sure that we have waves with an exciting mix of 5-7 figures spaced more evenly across the course of the year. R5-D4 will be coming out, but he won't be a repack. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:14 AM by Brian »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2010, 10:38 AM »
Technically, he's not a repack.  It's the BAD body, correct?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Based on the pic, R5 is the BAD sculpt.  

Obviously TPM 3D changed Hasbro's plans quite a bit.   The TPM wave was in this slot, and may now be pushed back even further.  So that explains the need for a filler wave, which is understandable.  I think it's execution more than anything.  

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2010, 11:30 AM »
With all respect to Hasbro performance during the last years, collectors could regret the lack of completely new molds and sculpts. >:(
In some cases they must sacrifice articulation for a better / more realistic sculpt

"It´s a trap! or it´s a repack?"

Other errors on Han depěction are the narrow shoulders, and very thin arms. People are wondering if these figures are kitbashes or repacks.

A humble opinion: instead of kitbashes or repacks, Hasbro must correct sculpts and molds, like they did with the vtsc Bespin Luke, which evolved into the tvc Bespin Luke we have already bought.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:34 AM by EpicGon »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2010, 03:31 PM »
I woke up this morning and said "I got my Willrow Hood, everything else is gravy"...and it is.  I'm not going to be pissed about toys any more....honest this time :-*

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2010, 04:25 PM »

Oh, you mean like this?  :)

After looking at the figures in this wave, I can honestly say it'll be good to take a wave off.

Yes, Steve. You should just go and work for Hasbro. You'd do a better job at it. heck, there are a few people on here that do awesome jobs at customing.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2010, 05:09 PM »
Why not a complete repaint wave?  I was happy with that wave, but forgot which line and what year it was from...oh that WM exclusive wave.  sigh....I will put this wave in a box of shame once I own it.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Yes, Steve. You should just go and work for Hasbro. You'd do a better job at it. heck, there are a few people on here that do awesome jobs at customing.

I spent some time at CV hanging around their booth dreaming about their jobs... :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:19 PM by Siths Herald »
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.