Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5  (Read 88384 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: "Vintage" Collection Wave 5 (2011 Wave 1)
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2010, 11:12 PM »
This figure does not look too bad but I must admit the 2006 Utapau troopers looks so much better. They actually have something most clones do not these days - battle damage. I am glad I picked up 35 of those and 35 442nds back in the day. I will pick up 2 of these though to have some without their helmets. Even the Airbournes had better deco.

It's nice to see Hasbro stay on time this year...thus far. I am more anxious for the Wave after this one.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 11:13 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2010, 02:07 AM »
About the paint's brightness, I've noticed the pictures he posts sometimes are a little bright, so I'm not expecting the production figure to burn retnas, but I didn't think it was horrible either.

I've got so many of the last one though, I'm not going to go nuts army building a slight improvement...  I could see 3 finding their way into my ranks, possibly 4.  I can't see more though unless it's a bitchin' sale.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: December 2, 2010, 08:19 PM »
As per the front page, R5-D4's BAD repaint is up...

He's actually grown on me, as I realized that Porkins is sporting R5-D4 as his droid, pretty much.  So I'll be picking him up as my Porkins companion now I think.  Plus he's cleaner, which an R5 should be for a Rebel Pilot.  The paintjob's varying significantly by the production image though, so I'm caving on this one at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 2, 2010, 10:26 PM »
It's a nice figure, but being that TVC figures are $7.99+, it's just not worth it to me. It just barely missed a free release in the BAD line, and I'm not willing to dish out $8 for a tiny astromech droid, considering it's a repaint.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Because I know you all love things you can complain about, consider this an early Christmas present - the first case assortment for Vintage Wave 5, courtesy of EE:

1x Clone Trooper (Utapau)
1x Luke Skywalker (Ep IV)
1x R5-D4 (Ep IV)
1x Stormtrooper
1x Han Solo (EP IV)
1x Clone Commander Gree
1x VC20 Yoda with Hover chair
1x Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
1x Anakin Skywalker
1x General Grievous with Cape
1x Sandtrooper
1x Darth Vader

Yes, you're reading that correctly - instead of shipping more Gamorreans or Rebels or Wickets, they're giving us more of what they know we really want: Sandtroopers, Anakins, Vaders, and Grievous!   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2010, 01:30 PM »
I was mainly hoping to see Wedge.   :-\

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2010, 02:22 PM »
Yikes, 2 Lukes, 2 stormtroopers, 2 clonetroopers and 2 "Vaders" in the same case? #facepalm  :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:38 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2010, 02:45 PM »
...not to mention the Stormtrooper helmet looks horrid.  And that Luke looks like he's wearing a mini-skirt.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2010, 02:57 PM »
I ordered two cases as I always do from BBTS it did not pay to by the set of 6 or singles so I will bite the bullet. I have a feeling along the way I will cancel one and get my few openers from the store. I am only interested in the Luke and the Yoda for openers, maybe the Utapau Trooper and Stormtrooper. I am glad they gave him the Clone the two evo style weapons.

Outside of that this wave really sucks. I hope it is a bonus wave.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Because I know you all love things you can complain about, consider this an early Christmas present - the first case assortment for Vintage Wave 5, courtesy of EE:

I hate this.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Bad news. Clones and Sandtroopers are literally the only figures I can find right now. Can't wait to see more of them clogging the pegs. ::)

I'll probably only pick up Yoda and both Lukes (Luke is the only ROTJ figure I haven't found yet), maybe a Utapau Clone. That Stormtrooper looks awful.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Wow, not only is the case assortment disappointing...but that Luke doesn't look nearly as nice to me in that EE pic.  Hopefully the final product will differ or something, but the skirt does look a little long there too.  I think Luke was the one figure I was actually looking forward to in this wave the most.  I'll pick up a few from this wave most likely, but it is still a bit of a let down.  The soft goods skirt is a nice touch, but they could have almost just recarded the Resurgence BP Luke and I'd be just as happy to pick that up again (or several).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2010, 09:51 PM »
The clones would be fine if it was actually a good figure sculpt they were using.  All they needed to do was give the ROTS SA sculpt an alternate head (one with the clone face, the other the standard helmet) and it would be a better figure.  Just like they did with the CW Obi Wan.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2010, 10:02 PM »
I will be doing some mod work with an extra Resurgence Luke with this one because I have to agree it looks weird. I already swapped an OTC Vintage Han upper half with the Legacy DE Han escape to make it look right. All of them had a off color shirt so that mod I made him look right. I think this Luke will need the same treatment. This is a missed opportunity to correct the crappy legs on Luke too.

I think this Jedi Luke will have the running change card back. Hasbro said they would change the picture art on this figure. That will make this wave a minute less painful.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2010, 01:00 PM »
I'll get a couple of the Utapau clones and maybe another Jedi Luke and be done with this wave.
This is the way.

I have spoken.