Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5  (Read 87768 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: "Vintage" Collection Wave 5 (aka 2011 Wave ?)
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 08:59 PM »
A message went out to the participating sites, and they're still working on this particular round.

Whew, that's good to know. I too am insanely excited for this round of Q/A. Hopefully it comes out this Monday.

Yeah, I'm really anxious to see that next wave preview as well.  Hopefully it isn't delayed too long.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2010, 11:28 PM »
WHEN WILL THIS Q/A SESSION COME OUT?! ::)

Hurry, Hasbro! (Please! :D)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2010, 11:21 PM »
RS.com specifically asked a question in the Q/A as to the TVC 2011 Wave 1 reveal.

And Hasbro dodged it. BS, man! :-\

I'm so sick of Hasbro's incompetent answers. I know they're not at liberty to reveal so much and stuff, but sometimes they're so full of BS. This time, specifically, because they kept saying how they would show off 2011 Wave 1 completely in the Q/A. And they didn't.

At least they said they'll show it off sometime soon... ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34 PM »
They don't have to do Q&A's at all.  I think we should be happy with whatever bit of information they decide to share.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2010, 11:40 PM »
^Seconded...

The Q&A's a unique insight into the workings of Hasbro, and their lines.  The pictures may not have been available, or may have changed.  I don't know.  They're not obligated to give them out and I'll wait...  I wanted to see them too, but I'll live a little while longer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 12:34 AM »
RS.com specifically asked a question in the Q/A as to the TVC 2011 Wave 1 reveal.

And Hasbro dodged it. BS, man! :-\

I'm so sick of Hasbro's incompetent answers. I know they're not at liberty to reveal so much and stuff, but sometimes they're so full of BS. This time, specifically, because they kept saying how they would show off 2011 Wave 1 completely in the Q/A. And they didn't.

At least they said they'll show it off sometime soon... ::)

Getting this level of Q&A from a company for yet to be released product is not common and only likely able to occur at all due to Hasbro not having a competitor as such for SW 3&3/4" (a benefit of a licensing agreement) so that the usual reason for not releasing too much info is able to be set aside.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2010, 04:35 PM »
I was working my way through the latest "collector podcast" from TF.N (with Curto, etc.) and they have a phone interview with Derryl DePriest included.  They brought up the topic of this wave (pics are still due between now and the next Q and A), and although he wouldn't give a list of names, he did say that this wave (the first "mixed" wave) is going to be 1 "all new" figure, 3 "refresh" (I think he means updated/resculpted) figures, and 2 repacks (first time on vintage cards).  He mentioned that it is a smaller wave (particularly "new" figure wise), because the following wave is full of newer stuff.  The plan for now is for it to hit a couple weeks after the AOTC wave, with the following (2011 Wave 2 I guess) coming shortly after that (basically waves 4 (AOTC), 5 (2011 Wave 1), and 6 (2011 Wave 2) hitting from Jan to March.

He also mentioned that the plan is continued to go every six weeks with a new wave hitting, but there might be a bit longer of a stretch from March to July/August, with maybe only one new vintage wave hitting in that time.  Anyways, the discussing starts around the 25 minute mark in the podcast, for those wanting to listen.  Also, as a side note, they did mention that they have a 10 figure wave hitting towards the end of 2011 that they may have to split up because of the amount of new sculpts included.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:39 PM by Brian »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2010, 05:02 PM »
He also mentioned that the plan is continued to go every six weeks with a new wave hitting, but there might be a bit longer of a stretch from March to July/August, with maybe only one new vintage wave hitting in that time.  

Dang, that's a very long stretch. Although Hasbro put in a lot of effort into kicking off the TVC line w/ the first few waves for 2010, it seems that the beginning of 2011 will be used to work on the TCW line. That's to me, anyway. Hasbro has already shown so many following waves of TCW compared to TVC, and with Season 3 already out, a lot of energy might be going there.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2010, 07:26 PM »
That follows the pattern established in the last few years, though Hasbro has said at recent cons that this wouldn't be the case.  It's fine with me, but you have to wonder if the lack of product over a 4 month period has an impact on the line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Yeah, I'd have to listen to it again to be sure, but what I gathered is we could potentially see the AOTC wave and the first two 2011 waves (mixed waves) within a three month span (Jan-Mar), then a bit of a break until the next wave (2011 Wave 3 I guess).  Not too bad I guess, if that is the case.  Three waves to hunt down for the first half of the year, and maybe another new one in the summer, before getting some more stuff in the fall again.  Didn't they give a count of 40-some figures for 2011 (in the Vintage Collection) again?  If so, that would at least spread things out a little more hopefully, instead of having everything hit in the last four months of the year again.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 5
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2010, 04:43 PM »
So it looks like (via the Yakface Q and A that we at least have a listing for that first "mixed wave" of 2011 - and it leaves room for some guessing until we see some pics (as to which versions at least):

VC 38 - Clonetrooper (Episode II)
VC 39 - Luke Skywalker
VC 40 - R5-D4
VC 41 - Stormtrooper
VC 42 - Han Solo
VC 43 - Commander Gree

Overall, unless there are some changes that we're not anticipating, this is a light wave for new figures (and even lighter for "new" characters).  I would think that the Clonetrooper, R5-D4, and Gree would be repacks (although you never know).  I thought that there was rumors at one point of an "ultimate" Stormtrooper, so it is possible that could be new.  I'm really hoping the Han is the Bespin version (please), and not sure about the Luke (but Hoth would be great).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2010, 04:43 PM »
Nice to finally see this list.  I look forward to finding out which Han and Luke those are.  Part of me hopes it's the Bespin Han, but I thought he was delayed until Fall 2011?  Hope it's not just a repack...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:46 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Nice to finally see this list.  I look forward to finding out which Han and Luke those are.  Part of me hopes it's the Bespin Han, but I thought he was delayed until Fall 2011?  Hope it's not just a repack...

Same here, really hoping that is a Bespin Han Solo.  If it does end up being a repack, I hope it is the original VOTC version.  That is a really nice figure that, although it was on clearance in some areas for a time, hasn't ever been released "as is" since then.  Either way, hoping for Bespin Han.  I'm wondering on the Luke.  We've really gotten some pretty nice Luke figures over the past few years, that all I could see would be an all-new Hoth Luke or a repack of the Resurgence BP Luke (which would be nice too).  I don't really mind seeing someone like R5-D4 in there, just to have it on a vinty cardback, but I know others could care less about that.  Not a real exciting wave for those wanting all new characters though, but it could be pretty nice if the Han and Luke are new versions.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: "Vintage" Collection Wave 5 (2011 Wave 1)
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Images on our facebook page
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:57 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: "Vintage" Collection Wave 5 (2011 Wave 1)
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2010, 05:46 PM »
This is a nicely done, but very boring wave, which pretty much sums up my feelings on every Vintage wave save the Jedi one. Nicely sculpted but very boring. I wonder if there is a 7th unshown figure for this group. Was really hoping Bom would be in with this group.