Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5  (Read 88201 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2011, 12:29 AM »
I picked up the R5-D4, Clone Trooper and a rebel commando.  I'm happy with the R5, but I can see many people being disappointed with it because it's just a repainted BAD R5.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2011, 02:05 AM »
I've still not seen hide nor hair of Wave 4 or 5, anywhere.  WM has a couple stores with space to spare, but most I can get to easily are packed with ROTS White (or off-white depending on your POV) Clones and Sandtroopers with piss-stained thigh armor.

Those who aren't bogged with those are usually loaded up with wave 1 downers like 4-LOM, Dengar, CC Pilot... 

I'd really like to pick up the 2 waves (what I want of them anyway) that I don't have...  HTS is the only place I'm holding much hope of finding them these days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2011, 05:40 AM »
Of all my stores, only 1 has new Star Wars, it's a Target and they must have 8 new cases of AOTC Wave 4 on the pegs.  A little sold at first, but the pegs are now basically totally full with it.  That $9 basic figure price tag is definitely keeping them around longer than any other wave.

I have not seen any wave 5 yet at all.

Speaking for myself, I bought 2 Zams (1 to open, 1 carded), 1 carded Mace, 1 carded Kit, 1 carded SBD.  And I know my wife bought me a few figures including a couple Senate Guards and a Jango I think (bday coming up).

Now, here's what I passed on even though I have the expendable cash and the figures are hanging on the pegs right in front of me:

1 Kit Fisto to open
1 Mace Windu to open
3 Senate Guards to open
1 Padme carded

And that's the difference to me between a $7 figure and a $9 figure.  Selectivity.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2011, 09:20 PM »
I bought most of Wave 4 at K-Mart using my reward zone points there, and got them for $8  each about...  I'll stick with that and WM.  Target's a favored store for me, but not right now.  Not till they get back to the MSRP's.  Wave 5 is hitting here too at KM so I'm hopeful to get them too since I have new points coming in from an oil change and some food purchases.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2011, 12:31 PM »
There hasn't been much in the way of new SW here locally either, particularly with TVC.  Our local Target had one case of the AOTC wave come and go pretty quickly, but they are pretty much filling all of the pegs with CW and Legends at this point (even the vintage pegs).  WM is just packed full of Clones and Sandtroopers, with a handful of other figures (4-LOM, CC Pilot, etc.)  TRU hasn't had anything for a long time now.  I've gotten waves 4 and 5 (most of them online), so I think I'm pretty much caught up now.  I'm still hoping to see more of the ROTJ wave, which came and went way too quickly.  Wouldn't mind having a few more extras from that wave.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2011, 04:26 AM »
I haven't caught any of this wave out in the wild - along with the AOTC wave. It's sad, really. Nothing but Clones in one store, Bespin Pilots, Dengars, and 4-LOMs in the other. It's like they never restocked after Christmas.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline NightVyper

• Youngling
  • KAboom!
    • View Profile
    • adamgracia.com
« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2011, 07:54 AM »
Star wars sells out online super fast, you have to catch it at pre-order. I don't have a lot of options in the city that are reasonable in price.

I want the senate guard and i cant wait till they make a new royal guard using gear.
Left Blank For Symbolism.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2011, 04:45 PM »
I've yet tos ee any Wave 5 either... Wave 4 I just got, but Wave 5 I'd still like Luke.  I'm making my first, "F you over the prices" statement though by avoiding all others in the wave.  I just can't justify it.

And I'm to the point I like Resurgence Luke better anyway so Luke isn't huge on my list, I just would like a decent DS Escape version of him.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2011, 05:55 PM »
You're ahead of the game... I haven't sniffed wave 4 except for one $12 figure at the Times Square TRU that I passed on.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2011, 06:00 PM »
I don't blame you...  I was going to pass if I saw them for that anywhere, Target or TRU (They weren't $10-ish at Target by me yet, by the way).

At that price the hobby's simply not worth it.  That figure could walk, talk, do the dishes, and small home maintenance, and I wouldn't buy it for $12.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Yeah the last Target I looked at here was $10.39 per figure... that's $11.46 per with tax.  

Hopefully they're not all like that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:37 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2011, 06:54 PM »
Yeah the last Target I looked at here was $10.39 per figure... that's $11.46 per with tax. 

Hopefully they're not all like that.

I saw someone at the otherR forum post a cellphone pic of TVC prices like that from a Target store somewhere in the SF Bay area.  And it seems that your Target and theirs might be among the stores in the chain that have higher pricing.  I have one of these Target stores in my area, too.  I'm not sure how Target sets the criteria for that higher tier of pricing.  But it seems to be only a few stores that are doing this.  Almost every other Target store I've been to in the past few weeks has TVC figures priced at $8.99 each.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2011, 06:59 PM »
I did find Wave 5 today at Walmart.  Observations:

1.  Walmart raised their prices to $8.96/figure along with Target.  This is bad yet still not as bad as TRU.
2.  The 212th Utapau Clones had BROWN and BLUE helmets.  What.  The.  Hell.  AWFUL deterioration of the plastic.  I couldn't even purchase the ones on the pegs they were so badly discolored.  This looks especially bad with the $8.96 price tag hanging above it.  Get ready to see a million of these warming the pegs.
3.  I initially was going to buy R5-D4, Yoda, Gree, and Utapau clones.  I couldn't buy the 212th clones because of the helmets.  And I didn't feel Yoda and R5 were worth almost $10 with tax.  I left with only Gree.
4.  The stormtrooper helmet was terrible in terms of paintjob, something this figure couldn't afford in the first place.  The spacetrooper helmet should have been used, because it's the best, and even that one isn't really accurate.

Nowhere to go but up from here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #253 on: February 21, 2011, 07:06 PM »
I'm bummed on the Stormtrooper helmet.  If it's JUST the helmet that's bad (were the legs/arms yellowing or anything?) I could see nabbing one just to have it, but I'm to the point I'll probably just pass.

My WM stores don't have room for new stuff mostly, so I'm not surprised I haven't seen this wave if Target isn't getting it in.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 21, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I'm bummed on the Stormtrooper helmet.  If it's JUST the helmet that's bad (were the legs/arms yellowing or anything?) I could see nabbing one just to have it, but I'm to the point I'll probably just pass.

The stormtrooper body was not yellowing.  It's just that the helmet was a horribly painted deformed mess.

The 212th helmets blew me out of the water.  It looks like a gold nugget or something.  I don't see how any of those are going to sell at all.  It actually needs to be recalled and redone.