Author Topic: Vintage TRON toys  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
Vintage TRON toys
« on: July 18, 2003, 12:45 PM »
I'd been interested in collecting TRON toys for a long time.  I just couldn't ever seem to get my hands on any....until now!!!

I just won an ebay auction for 2 Tron figs(Flynn and Tron) and the yellow Light Cycle.  The figs don't have their discs, and the Light Cycle is missing its plastic "motivator" pull thingy, but for $13.00 you can't beat it!

Anyone else collecting these figures?  

Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Vintage TRON toys
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 06:31 PM »
I don't have any of those, but I've seen newer TRON figures out at Suncoast Video.  Those figures look sweet!  Do you happen to have any pictures of your new TRON toys?
dustrho

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 06:53 PM »
Not yet.  I havn't recieved them yet.  Should get them soon though!!  I won't get pics up on my webpage until probably the middle of August.  We're in the process of packing up for the big move!

I've seen the new figs and I don't like them.  The 20th anniversary figs they put out a while ago are great though.  They're exact duplicates of the vintage ones.  I'm staying away from them though because I want original.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 07:16 PM »
I'm staying away from them though because I want original.

I don't blame you for wanting the original TRON figures.  Now, did the manufacturer of TRON figures actually make a lot of TRON toys?  I remember seeing some TRON toys back in the days, but I don't remember a whole lot of them that were made.
dustrho

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 01:12 PM »
I'm not sure what kind of quantities were made but the vintage line consists of only 4 figures and 2 light cycles.  You have Flynn, Tron, the bad guy, and a soldier.  Flynn, Tron and the bad guy only came with their disks, the soldier came with a staff.  The 2 light cycles were the Red and Yellow ones and came with Rip Cords to make them race accross the kitchen floor!  

The Blue cycle was only released later with the 20th anniversary re-issued figs.  I MIGHT get that one just to have all three colors...