Author Topic: C-3PO  (Read 17779 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: C-3PO
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Although the articulation is lacking by today's standards, I really like the Flashback version in terms of overall likeness and deco.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 12:39 PM »
I think 3PO is the one major character that has yet to have a "definitive" version made. So many versions, and all of them LOOK good, but the articulation never really has cut it.

Agreed - Hasbro has yet to make a definitive version.  I'm surprised the B.A.D. protocol droid sculpt wasn't used for him.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 04:52 PM »
I agree on Ewok Deity 3PO being nearly there. The pic of the upcoming 3PO disturbs me though. Goldenrod should be shiny from head to toe, not this brushed gold metal look!

The final scene in which we see 3PO standing next to R2 is one of my favourites. Both droids looks absolutely stunning. And although 3PO on Tatooine also looks great, I still think he should be blinged out to the max  :D

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 04:58 PM »
Also that Vintage 3PO looks really detailed for its time period. I'm no Vintage expert, but I don't recall ever seeing that much detail on the sculpts of the other Vintage figures.

Amanaman is one of Kenner's finest achievements, but yeah they pretty much nailed it years before with 3PO  ;)

Offline Glitch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 02:58 PM »

Gotta go with Ewok 3PO on this one.

Articulation issues aside.  An update to the original NEEDS to be vacuum metallized.

No exceptions.

I'd love to see a pure version of him reissued on a Star Wars card sans throne.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 11:34 AM »
I think 3PO is the one major character that has yet to have a "definitive" version made. So many versions, and all of them LOOK good, but the articulation never really has cut it.

Agreed - Hasbro has yet to make a definitive version.  I'm surprised the B.A.D. protocol droid sculpt wasn't used for him.

Word! I really hope they do at some point. I do no mind if he is non vac metalized. The BAD Protocol Droid is the definitive version in my opinion as well.

I also hope to see him with a restraining bolt at some point so he can accompany Legacy restraining bolt R2. Like others my main C-3P0 is the Ewok deity. On a side note I have noticed the Saga2 version has a much richer Gold Vac than the Legacy/Legends one that has a washed out Gold look.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/