Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 209596 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #165 on: August 3, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Based on the pics, I really prefer my custom dais over this one, and am about equally pleased with my repaint of the Saga Jabba compared to the sculpt of this one.  That said, I think I only want the Oola.  If anyone wants to sell one, let me know.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #166 on: August 3, 2010, 02:55 PM »
Man...I can't wait to get this set. When is the official release date for this?
The official release is the 6th, but I guess a fair number of Walmarts aren't waiting to put them out until then.

I just called my three local Walmarts in hopes of having them look up the item using the UPC code posted above. Two of them didn't have anyone answer in the toy department after about 5 minutes on hold, but I did talk to someone at the third. She said they didn't have any in stock, but there were two scheduled to arrive tonight (I didn't realize Walmart had such precise control over their stock). She said it would be put out tonight, but I'm not sure if that is actually the case given the street date on it. Does anybody know when the best time to go might be, if I did want to check tonight?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #167 on: August 3, 2010, 04:23 PM »
REGARDING UPC
The box in the above photo shows a UPC of 5356950286.
I work at Walmart and usually just the ten numbers will give us a reading on our portable Gemini computer inventory units.

I used the UPC# 065356950285 and they pulled the box you see in my pictures. So not sure how that worked but the nice lady I spoke with found it in 2 minutes and pulled case for me to pick up.

I work at Walmart and usually just the ten numbers will give us a reading on our portable Gemini computer inventory units.

So that's what they're called?  Huh.  I had no clue.

I used the UPC# 065356950285 ten numbers...err 12 numbers and they pulled the box you see in my pictures. So not sure how that worked but the nice lady I spoke with found it in 2 minutes and pulled case for me to pick up.

Based on the pics, I really prefer my custom dais over this one, and am about equally pleased with my repaint of the Saga Jabba compared to the sculpt of this one.  That said, I think I only want the Oola.  If anyone wants to sell one, let me know.

Honestly, I thought the same thing but there is just no comparison. The ultra Jabba has 4 fingers which is wrong, the sculpt is way dated and  the old dais is still nice but the overall presentation of this blows away all previous Jabbas. Sure, there are a few paint details I would love to paint differently on the new Jabba but he is still so awesome. For $34.99 you cannot go wrong with this one.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 3, 2010, 04:40 PM »
The thing that worked for you was your charm; not the UPC.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #169 on: August 3, 2010, 04:46 PM »

I have the charm of Herman Munster.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 3, 2010, 05:23 PM »

I have the charm of Herman Munster.

He was quite debonaire in his own regard.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 3, 2010, 05:59 PM »
I've been asking the customer service reps to check in the "SMART" system.

Unfortunately, there is one way they go in and the UPC shows up as invalid, then there's another way, which I BELIEVE mimics the hand-held inventory guns and the UPC shows up no problem.

So far it's been hit or miss for me with regards to whether or not the UPC is even "valid" and the best excuse I've been getting is "well not all WalMarts carry the same products".  ::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 3, 2010, 06:05 PM »

So far it's been hit or miss for me with regards to whether or not the UPC is even "valid" and the best excuse I've been getting is "well not all WalMarts carry the same products".  ::)

Actually, this is pretty accurate. I have a Wal mart near my home that has a very small toy area, and has never stocked an exclusive. (BAD series, comic books, dewback, AT-ST, etc). I know I'm looking at a 1/2 hour drive there and home again to check any other store, so I'll wait til they are widespread before I make a trip.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: August 3, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Yes, that's true about WM...  WM varies product by demographic information...

An "urban" store near me gets absolutely no exclusives, ever, and is much smaller in general and carries a pretty different load of product.  There's no section for sewing for instance, whereas the stores in the very "rural" communities have still got fairly large craft/sewing areas, even if they're smaller stores.

THey're opening one here, inside a mall...  It's the first I've ever heard of it, and it's something new I guess WM is going to look into more (There are only a couple actually inside malls right now).  They're looking at large dept. store closings as an opening for them to anchor at a setting with already large foot traffic without building something new, plus they're looking to avoid the hastles they run into with building from the ground-up in well-developed regions.  Very strange, especially for my area, but it's going to make one toy run more interesting that's for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #174 on: August 4, 2010, 12:09 PM »
I got my Jabba this morning! :D

As I said above, I called around yesterday and asked about the UPC mentioned above, and one store said they should be getting them in that night. I went in this morning and there was nothing new in the Star Wars section, so I asked a woman in a nearby department if she could look it up for me. She was able to print off a shelf tag using her hand-held reader and tried to find it on the shelf, but that location only had pro wrestling toys. Apparently they will be relocating the SW section when they finally reset their toy aisles. In any case, she went to the back and got the two boxes that they had (one is for me, one is for someone I know in Japan).

I've written up a full review on my site (see below) so check it out for more pictures. I'm very impressed with this set. It's easily the best Jabba we've ever gotten (or ever will get, in all likelihood).

http://mightyjabba.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/hasbro-vintage-collection-jabbas-throne-set/
« Last Edit: August 4, 2010, 12:10 PM by icruise »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 4, 2010, 12:45 PM »
I agree that the Jabba set looks great and I'd like to add it my collection, I still have my vintage original one with the opening compartment. But  my biggest question is why now? This is a RotJ figure and would have been the Big Surpise of 2013. Unless hasbro is gonna blow our minds and make a sail barge for him.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 8, 2010, 11:37 AM »
Another first rate product from Hasbro. Popped this set open yesterday and am very impressed. Oola could have done with hip joints and it looks like Jabba was to have articulated wrists at one point, but still, it's a 3 3/4" scale work of art.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 8, 2010, 05:34 PM »
I checked the three WMs we have in town this weekend for this bad boy, but came up empty.  Our closest store hasn't reset at all yet, but the others seemed to have much of the other stuff out.  Only one had a shelf tag for the set, priced at $38.44.  Another store doesn't have the space for it (or the AT-AT), but did have the new figures out.  One thing I've noticed, when compared to Target, that WM seems to have a larger area for CW - and then a few pegs for vintage, and Target is almost the other way around.  Anyways, still no Jabba here, I'm hoping to shows up online so I don't have to keep visiting that "wretched hive" to find it ;).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: August 9, 2010, 03:23 AM »
No Jabba here, but they were in stock some places I visit...  nobody would bring them out was all.

*shrugs*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2010, 10:40 PM »
Hit three different Walmarts today and finally saw the Jabba at the last location. $38.88 here looks like. They had a good number on the shelves. Oola is one butt-ugly sculpt IMO.

Great to see the local stores starting to catch up though...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy