Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 209722 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2010, 12:58 PM »
No, it's really not.  This seems like a standard practice for them.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2010, 01:33 PM »
It may be that most stores will be getting it, but only some will be getting it as a regular item with a shelf tag in the Star Wars section. Others will get it as an end-cap item.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 16, 2010, 04:28 PM »
I've checked two of my three local WMs and I've only seen the "Thrown" at one of them for $38.88. I don't know why this thing is going to be so rare but it's a great item, so hopefully everyone who wants one can get one.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Still no Jabba around here.  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 16, 2010, 09:10 PM »

Ah, that's better... Finally found a Jabba actually on the shelf. Snapped it up for an extra, since I want to try my hand at a repaint. Too bad about the price increase though.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2010, 10:20 PM »
DAMN I WISH MY STORE LOOKED LIKE THAT!!!

DAMN!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:13 PM by Jeff »
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2010, 11:18 PM »

Ah, that's better... Finally found a Jabba actually on the shelf. Snapped it up for an extra, since I want to try my hand at a repaint. Too bad about the price increase though.

This has to be the most neat and orderly WalMart toy section I have EVER seen.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2010, 12:53 AM »
No joke, I have never seen a Wal-Mart that stocked or orderly before...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2010, 01:01 AM »
I think they probably had just done the reset either that day or the day before, so that's part of it. But it's not THAT different from what we usually get around here. Our stores are fairly nice.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2010, 01:21 AM »
Same as you icruise, that appears immediately after a reset to me, and that's about what ours look like when the resets are fresh.   Then they go to a variety of different scenarios of orderliness similar to that all the way to a disaster area (especially at, obviously, Christmas).  Some stores are worse than others though.  Two I go to often are usually a mess for some reason.  Just poor stock personnel i guess for the department in each store.  The one I visit a lot is always really neat though, like that, and I love that store.  It also seems  to get the most stuff in for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2010, 11:04 AM »
The best (and most frustrating) thing about that picture is that if you look closely you can see they actually have the TCW Wave 2 figures on the pegs.

NINE freaking Walmarts here and they can't find a box of these between them to put out.

That's a beautiful picture though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2010, 11:47 AM »
The best (and most frustrating) thing about that picture is that if you look closely you can see they actually have the TCW Wave 2 figures on the pegs.

NINE freaking Walmarts here and they can't find a box of these between them to put out.

That's a beautiful picture though.

I hear you McMetal - I've been hitting seven local WalMarts daily and I have yet to see any of TCW Wave 2 and so far, I've only found ONE Jabba.

Two of the WalMarts haven't even done the reset yet.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:52 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Man, that's ten feet of Star Wars.  Here we have about two.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2010, 12:15 AM »
WOW, am I jealous that store isn't nearby me...

My local Targets are showing signs that they are remembering something about a "Star Wars reset." Hmm.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2010, 01:53 AM »
My store finally reset, and I finally found this, and it's pretty great.  Tough to say it's $40 great, but it's great I think, and I'm happy despite the price I guess.  Jabba (like others mentioned) is smaller than I imagined, but still sizable.  The dais is quite large, and really nicely decoed.  The Pillows are great accessories, as is Salacious Crumb...

Oolah is sort of a waste though.  She's a good figure, very articulated and the most elaborately sewn softgoods of any figure to-date just because there's so much to them.  But I'd much rather have gotten just about any Jabba Denizen (new or redone) over Oolah.  I'm just not that into the strippers getting good figures I guess.

I find it really odd they did her whole outfit in the mesh...  The POTF2 figure is better looking aesthetically, but I'll retire her, or have Jabba toting her around on my Episode 1 Shelf maybe.

The Jabba figure indeed is very fleshy and fragile feeling.  I'm hopeful that's not the case.  I like him a lot, and really don't want to worry that he'll degrade over time.  He's pretty slick, and his bendy tail isn't as bendy as I hoped, but it is still kick ass.

I'm slightly disappointed at one thing with the set, and that is the lack of the arm rest/hookah thing not firmly snapping into the dais in some way.  I'd have liked that to be moresturdy, as it is easy to bump it out of place.

LOVE that it rolls. :)  If you're doing a palace diorama, that's a great feature unto itself for having it roll around the rancor pit opening.

Cool set...  $40's probably right where it is on the cusp of being too much, or being a good deal if it were slightly less.  So I'm not disappointed.  I even would consider a second one if I had another $40 in my pocket wasting some time, and put him in place of the SE Jabba from Docking Bay 94.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77