Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 209683 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Since last weekend I've been to 7 different stores looking for this thing.  All of them have reset, only one even had a shelf tag, and (naturally) none of had it in stock.

I really do despise Walmart.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Don't you also love how they have like 35 cash registers but only keep 10 on them open no matter how many are in line. Stupid Walmart!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2010, 08:21 PM »
I'm really hoping Walmart offers this online at some point.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2010, 08:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as many of you are.  The majority of our local stores don't even have a space for this (or the AT-AT), and the one that does of course doesn't have any in stock (and it is of course the one furthest from home that we rarely visit).  I'm hoping this shows up online as well, or I'll be asking for some help here from those who can actually find these.  Maybe they will be more plentiful the closer we get to the holiday season (one can only hope), but yeah, WM continues to be sort of ridiculous with their exclusives.  When you have something all-new, of a well known character, you would think it would be something you would want to be available for people to buy.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Against my better judgment I went looking for this again today.  I went to 7 different Walmarts (ten total this weekend) and spent over 3 hours that I'll never get back.  I didn't have much else going on and needed to be away from the house until the Cubs game was over anyway, but I still should have done something better with my time.

I'm done looking for this until it starts showing up in a more widespread manner.

Of those 7 new Walmarts today, only two had shelf tags for Jabba.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2010, 12:52 AM »
So where the hell is this thing I wonder? Stores either don't have space on the shelves or claim they can't order any. Only one WM near me put these out (I managed to snag one at an out of town store) and they only had one case, which had 2 Jabbas. So are these just sitting in the back of the store, in those huge distribution centers or did Hasbro only make like 1000 of these things?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2010, 01:51 AM »
Out WM's all appear to be getting to their resets now...  at least every one that I've visited lately has.  They're all also seemingly putting them out if they do the reset, though I have noticed one in particular that did a full reset (one of the first here to do so) that didn't have any out, so go figure.  Possible they were and got sold too though, of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2010, 07:11 AM »
Every one of those ten stores I stopped at had reset.  They all had plenty of vintage figures, legends, clone wars... new vehicles.  Most had AT-AT's....

Only 3 had shelf space designated for Jabba, and of course, none had him in stock.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2010, 09:46 AM »

Ah, that's better... Finally found a Jabba actually on the shelf. Snapped it up for an extra, since I want to try my hand at a repaint. Too bad about the price increase though.

This has to be the most neat and orderly WalMart toy section I have EVER seen.

Quoted for truth.

None of my 3 Walmarts look anything remotely close to this.  If you told me a hand grenade went off in the aisle at mine, I'd believe it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Ben (inadvertent imitation) and I hit just about every Wally between Waterloo, Iowa and Chicago on our way to Comic Con and saw none of these.  There were 2, count 'em 2, at the show, for $60.  I bought a vintage version for $35.   ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2010, 01:51 PM »
Found two of these today... and actually, all the Wal-Mart Star Wars sections are neat and tidy right now.  My guess is because the Legends/Clone Wars may not be doing that well... I'm rarely seeing anyone thumbing through anything except vintage.. I wonder if the long lull in product caused some people to lose some interest?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:53 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2010, 02:01 PM »
Found two of these today... and actually, all the Wal-Mart Star Wars sections are neat and tidy right now.  My guess is because the Legends/Clone Wars may not be doing that well... I'm rarely seeing anyone thumbing through anything except vintage.. I wonder if the long lull in product caused some people to lose some interest?

I think it can also be attributed to the new vs. repack product mix. Nearly everything in the CW and SL (to some degree) have been available on the pegs for years now just in a different wrapper.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2010, 03:01 PM »
I agree - repacks, repacks, repacks.

Then there's also 2-3 waves of both CW and Legends being stocked right now, while vintage only has one wave.

Another factor could be the price - we were seeing these at $4.50 and $6.04 a pop at Wal-Mart and Target over the past 6 months.  I would not be surprised to see a price drop on these two lines again before too long... and I don't feel Hasbro has learned much from the past year.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2010, 04:10 PM »
BTW... I guess that TRU is already sensing this; hence the BOGO sale this week that only applies to CW and Legends.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2010, 08:05 PM »
That surprised me, too.  The CW/Legends lines have moved here, but not as briskly as before.  Once we get to the start of Season 3, though, this will probably pick up.  Vintage has been slow around here.  Every figure is available somewhere, and I kind of wonder about how well it's doing.