Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 209631 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2010, 08:47 PM »
That surprised me, too.  The CW/Legends lines have moved here, but not as briskly as before.  Once we get to the start of Season 3, though, this will probably pick up.  Vintage has been slow around here.  Every figure is available somewhere, and I kind of wonder about how well it's doing.

Yeah, I've sort of been trying to keep track of that as well.  Right now, pegs seem pretty full everywhere for the most part.  The CW/Legends lines are pretty full here as well, but as mentioned, many of these have been out for awhile in other lines and there are a couple waves of each hitting at once (and lots of repacks).  I will say though, even the new Clone Wars figures (like Aurra Sing, Pre Vizla, etc.) haven't been exceptionally tough to find.  I even saw the new deluxe lines sit for awhile.  Vintage is much the same (although not nearly as much of it is shipping it seems), as the pegs are far from empty - and most everyone is somewhat easy to find (aside from Fett).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2010, 12:22 AM »
Another factor could be the price - we were seeing these at $4.50 and $6.04 a pop at Wal-Mart and Target over the past 6 months.  I would not be surprised to see a price drop on these two lines again before too long... and I don't feel Hasbro has learned much from the past year.

I never bought Clone Wars figures until this summer, when they were $4.50 at WM and pegwarming everywhere. I'm not buying anymore at the inflated prices though, specifically the repacks. I do want some of the new figures like Pre Visla but I passed on him the only time I saw him. Just couldn't bring myself to pay $8.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2010, 01:08 AM »
Pre Vizla?  That's really the name of a character?

Might as well have just named him Conceptan Artis.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2010, 01:38 AM »
I picked up Vizla just Sunday, but only because he was at TRU with Aurra Sing, and so I figured I'd get both for the BOGO deal.  I don't buy animated stuff generally, but Visla could actually pass for realistic if it weren't for his goony headsculpt.  I'm trying to find a passable realistic sculpt in my catalog now for a future headswap.  He's a little slim, but still quite realistic.  His cape thing is badass too.

Aurra Sing is damn near realistic.  I'm actually retiring my POTJ figure in favor of her animated one, she's that good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2010, 01:03 PM »
I did the same thing with surra sing. No sign of jabba here sadly
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2010, 01:26 PM »
I was able to get Jabba yesterday, but am not too pleased with him.

Jabba - Really a letdown. I expected more for paying 40 bucks. He isn't that well made... the worst part is he doesn't even seem to sit flush on this dais... or is it the paint job that is the worse part? Either way, Hasbro should have this this out of the ballpark but they didn't... worth about $10 in my opinion.

Dais - Pretty good. I think they did about as good as can be expected, and the pillows are a great touch. They're too shiny though.. why is it that Hasbro can't make things like this look more dull/realistic? Nice sculpts, but too shiny.  I'd say this is worth about $15.00.

Crumb - Mine has two left arms... and to add insult to injury, as soon as I touched them, they both broke off at the pegs.

Oola - Fantastic and the best part of the set. Really a top notch figure with amazing articulation. I hope they release her again on a basic card, but knowing Hasbro they won't.  Worth the price of a basic figure, about $8.00 with Crumb.

Just my feelings overall.  I almost think the Ultra Jabba from several years back is pretty comparable in terms of how this one looks in person. This one just has more articulation on the arms, and the tail is "somewhat" poseable. But it's certainly not all I think Hasbro advertised it to be.

I also feel the Clone Wars Jabba is better than this one. They did a better job painting that and the moveable mouth on that one is a very nice feature. This one really is not a step forward at all in IMHO... this should have been priced right around $30 I think.

I'm not upset that I bought this because I do like the dais and I love the Oola figure and the pillows.  But our pal Jabba really isn't too exciting.  I think Hasbro took some shortcuts here and I already hope they make another version down the road to make up for this.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:27 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2010, 01:59 PM »
I saw a comparison pic of the old 2004 Ultra Jabba next to this one, and maybe I was a bit too harsh in the comparison between the two.  This one does look quite a bit better... but still, it doesn't seem like they went "all out" for it to me.  Maybe I'll try my hand at repainting it.

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2010, 04:09 PM »
Yeah, I think you're being way too hard on the new Jabba. I have them all, and the older figures aren't even in the same league. Maybe that says more about how crappy the earlier figures were than about how good this one is, but in any case this is by FAR the best Jabba Hasbro has made.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2010, 04:38 PM »
He also has the correct amount of fingers compared to the Ultra Jabba. For those not happy with the paint all Jabba needs is 1 coat of wash and he is perfect! Another must have in my opinion! Get him!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2010, 07:38 PM »
I liked the set a LOT, but I'll stay with you some on the value CHEWIE...  I'm more to where I think it's a fair price, but not a "value", if that makes sense.  I didn't walk away after spending $40+ thinking, "Wow, what a steal!", ya know? :) 

I love the set though...  I'm happy to have it, and not have waited to pay a possibly lower price on it.  It's still a little expensive IMO.

On the pillows, I think they're just cast in their colors and to save $$$, hasbro simply didn't add a dullcoat or wash to them or anything.  I can understand that.  The Dais is neater than I anticipated actually, in terms of sculpting and the wheels and whatnot.

Jabba's tail is indeed limited in movement.  More than it shows on the box too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Yeah, for $30 I bet I wouldn't complain at all... that extra $8.88 though makes me feel that it's a bit overpriced for what you get... and I wish the tail was constructed better... I think the upper part (head/arms) is fine, but his body and tail are what I think could be better for the price.

Still though, it's a nice set and overall it's a great display piece.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #236 on: September 2, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Anyone know if this thing still shipping?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 2, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Anyone know if this thing still shipping?

I was sort of wondering this as well.  It could be like last year's exclusives, where our stores didn't see the Dewback or AT-ST for awhile, and then we had them on the shelves well after Christmas.  Or, it could be like the other WM exclusives where we either didn't see them at all (A-Wing), or saw them one time and then never again (Droid Factory II, WM Exclusive wave, etc.)  I'm thinking about asking for help, if anyone happens to still have them in their area.  It is something I really don't want to miss out on.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 2, 2010, 09:58 PM »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 2, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Nice price of $34.97 and site to store?  Good deal for those of you who haven't scored this set yet.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN