Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 209674 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #240 on: September 3, 2010, 12:43 AM »
About time.  I must have been to at least 10 WalMart stores over the past week or so and I have not seen Jabba ANYWHERE.  Site to Store?  Screw that.  Deliver it to my house, WalMart.  Because the way you handle exclusives SUCKS.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2010, 12:43 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 3, 2010, 09:50 AM »
Fantastic, it's already out of stock online.  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #242 on: September 3, 2010, 11:42 AM »
I missed it of course. Back to searching.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 3, 2010, 11:50 AM »
 ::)  What did they have like four for sale?  I really hate Wal Mart.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 3, 2010, 12:39 PM »

Any why is this available only "in limited stores"?!?!?!

The closest WalMart to me according to the in-store search is over 30 miles away. Meanwhile, I have a WalMart that's less than 2 miles away, another that's 10 miles away and a third that's less than 20 miles away. Why couldn't one of those three damn stores have been one of the few "limited" stores?!?!

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #245 on: September 3, 2010, 12:58 PM »
****!!! Out of stock. I really, really, really hate Walmart.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 3, 2010, 01:01 PM »
I still haven't seen a store that has a slot for this, much less the actual product.  Nuts.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 3, 2010, 01:59 PM »
You know what REALLY stinks about this? It's that EVERY WalMart will have those p.o.s. DVD 2-packs with the episodes from the Malevolence episode arc from CW Season 1 - you know - the ones NO ONE wants!

Peter

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 3, 2010, 03:35 PM »

Any why is this available only "in limited stores"?!?!?!

The closest WalMart to me according to the in-store search is over 30 miles away. Meanwhile, I have a WalMart that's less than 2 miles away, another that's 10 miles away and a third that's less than 20 miles away. Why couldn't one of those three damn stores have been one of the few "limited" stores?!?!

It really is ridiculous.  Thankfully I got my order in last night, but I'm not counting on ANYTHING until it arrives on my doorstep.

In all of my searching I've only seen shelf tags for Jabba in a handful of stores.  And in those cases?  It's hit or miss.  The size of the store doesn't seem to be the determining factor when it comes to which stores have the shelf tags.  I've been in some enormous WalMarts that didn't have the shelf tags.

Still, it's good to know that the WalMart online store is an option.  Don't get me wrong:  I LOATHE WalMart when it comes to their exclusives.  They've had a horrendous track record with Star Wars exclusives dating back as far as I can remember.  So this is what we can expect from the world's largest toy retailer?  Uck.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 3, 2010, 04:48 PM »
I missed it as well, and I really hope it comes back in stock again soon.  I don't get it with these exclusives either - particularly at Wal-Mart.  At least when Target or TRU has an exclusive item, you know they will probably at least have it at some point.  With WM, some stores get them, some don't.  And, like in this case, the ones that do may only get a couple.  We have one store in town that has a shelf tag for them, and it honestly couldn't be further away from our house.  The two closer stores don't seem to be getting them (or the big AT-AT for that matter), so I'm hoping for WM.com to come through or help from someone else.  It is too bad really, when they have a nice, all-new item like this that the majority of collectors are going to want - it is next to impossible to find.  Like it was mentioned, you know they'll be covered in things like those CW 2 packs.  In these past few years we've transitioned into getting store exclusives that are actually all-new product, instead of just repaints of previous ships or repackaging of previous figures into battle packs or something - but now that things are new, they don't put them in stores.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 3, 2010, 04:57 PM »
You know what REALLY stinks about this? It's that EVERY WalMart will have those p.o.s. DVD 2-packs with the episodes from the Malevolence episode arc from CW Season 1 - you know - the ones NO ONE wants!

:-X

LOL, I admit being on the fence about these, but will probably pass. What's asinine to me is that they should have those things out right NOW, to capitalize on the show premier in 2 weeks, but nary a sign. They've been out in Canada for weeks now. WTF?

I have thankfully been off the hunt for most of the past 2 weeks, but may check around tonight a bit. I haven't seen jabba outside of the one store here a few weeks back. VERY hit or miss.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 3, 2010, 07:22 PM »
This is ridiculous.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #252 on: September 3, 2010, 07:48 PM »
If I find it, great, but the reality for me is that I've waited so long I just don't care.  I have a vintage version and nothing will top that, so this $35 in my pocket.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 7, 2010, 12:42 PM »
This is ridiculous.

I agree.  It is crazy that they wouldn't want something like this to be more readily available.  It is a very nice exclusive that a lot of collectors would want, and I know that it has caused me to make a lot more trips to WM than I would have otherwise just to look for it.  Who knows, maybe we'll see more of them as the holiday approaches, but the fact that it is at "limited stores" isn't going to help that much.  I keep checking the WM site, and have posted in classifieds as well in case anyone happens to see a good supply in their area.  Definitely an exclusive I don't want to miss out on.  It seems like WM has been getting a lot of the neater exclusives the last few years, and they are really spotty on distribution (at least locally) with them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 7, 2010, 02:02 PM »
After seeing so many AT-STs and Dewbacks hit clearance, I don't think it's any surprise if Wal-Mart was more conservative with how many Jabba sets they ordered from Hasbro.  Hopefully we'll see more shipping though as we get closer to Christmas.