Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 209576 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #255 on: September 7, 2010, 04:03 PM »
Funny how this works.  I buy one or two SW items a year, and always seem to pick the wrong ones. .  .

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #256 on: September 8, 2010, 10:06 PM »
After seeing so many AT-STs and Dewbacks hit clearance, I don't think it's any surprise if Wal-Mart was more conservative with how many Jabba sets they ordered from Hasbro.  Hopefully we'll see more shipping though as we get closer to Christmas.

I would have loved to see the AT-ST and Dewback on clearance...I would have picked up a couple more of both of those things.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: September 8, 2010, 10:29 PM »
Actually around me as well, the Dewback and AT-ST did pretty well for the most part.  I only saw them on clearance at the out-of-the-way WM's.  One in particular had many of each and still have some of each.  Another one had 2 AT-ST's on clearance.

Beyond that I never saw them get clearanced at the other 6 or 8 WM's I visit.  The Dewback surprised me actually because I thought it was a tad overpriced.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 8, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Sucks for those of you guys out there that really wanted this set (and who wouldn't?).  Glad I got mine when I did - but thankfully we have a network of collectors in my neighborhood.  Hopefully more show up soonish.  Oh ya....WM sucks supreme ass!   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 8, 2010, 11:02 PM »
After seeing so many AT-STs and Dewbacks hit clearance, I don't think it's any surprise if Wal-Mart was more conservative with how many Jabba sets they ordered from Hasbro.  Hopefully we'll see more shipping though as we get closer to Christmas.

More conservative? That seems like a bizarre notion with the price hike, but they did it before with Droid Factory wave two. I got my Jabba in store, but I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for you guys in need.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: September 8, 2010, 11:34 PM »
I'm wagering more may be in the pipeline.  These weren't due out till next month IIRC.  It's a vendors option to order more of an exclusive too, if it does well, so maybe WM will jump at that if more aren't already set for the future?  Either way, patience is a virtue in this hobby, so waiting things out may pay off for many.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 9, 2010, 09:24 AM »
At this point, I feel very lucky to have stumbled upon the only Jabba I have seen. No sign of replenishment at all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #262 on: September 9, 2010, 09:30 AM »
At this point, I feel very lucky to have stumbled upon the only Jabba I have seen. No sign of replenishment at all.

I second that! I can't believe this is not in more hands.

I'm wagering more may be in the pipeline.  These weren't due out till next month IIRC.  It's a vendors option to order more of an exclusive too, if it does well, so maybe WM will jump at that if more aren't already set for the future?  Either way, patience is a virtue in this hobby, so waiting things out may pay off for many.

Agreed, but what is weird when I got my case it was marked do not put on shelf before August 5th. That alone suggests it should have already been put out. It's covered up but you can see the orange "Do not" burst on the right hand side.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 9, 2010, 10:05 PM »
He's back in stock - I just managed to get an order in.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 9, 2010, 11:10 PM »
And of course, by 11pm - he's out of stock....

>:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 9, 2010, 11:27 PM »
Yikes.  That didn't last long.  I just bookmarked the page and checked it every few hours today...  I recommend everyone try that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Lovely...  ::)

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. Unfortunately, one or more items you ordered are currently on backorder and have not shipped. Although we expect to have these items back in stock and available to ship soon, they may not arrive by the original estimated delivery date and we are unable to provide you with a revised delivery date at this time.

We are working with our suppliers to ship these items as soon as possible. If we are unable to ship to you within the next 10 days, we will automatically cancel this part of your order, refund your original method of payment, and notify you via email.

If you prefer to cancel now, please reply to this email or call Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (CT) or Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (CT). We will forward the cancellation request to the shipping facility. Please note that because our suppliers try to ship orders as quickly as possible, your order may ship before they receive the cancellation request.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Yikes.  That didn't last long.  I just bookmarked the page and checked it every few hours today...  I recommend everyone try that.

I've been doing that since he first showed up online last week, but it looks like I missed it again last night.  It is obvious that a lot of people want this, why are they making it so limited (and difficult to find)?  I really hope more of these show up as the holidays approach.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39 AM »
That does it, I have no interest in this but I'm buying 'em all up around here to clean up on eBay. This is just too good of an investment opportunity to pass up.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Uh, Really?