Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 209723 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Good luck finding them, bro.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2010, 06:14 PM »
Great limit Jabba The Hutt but clearance the Dewback and AT-ST.  Gotta love Wally World!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #272 on: September 10, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Great limit Jabba The Hutt but clearance the Dewback and AT-ST.  Gotta love Wally World!

Yeah, you really do wonder how they got as big as they did. I don't see it lasting, however, they are so poorly run. Maybe that's the key, pay your employees like snot, expect little and watch the profits pile up.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2010, 08:09 PM »
I really don't think Wal-mart made it's fortune by selling action figures.
As for selling Jabba's on ebay, why not buy them all and send them to people here who still want them. A good deed and all.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 10, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Well....

40 miles out of my way and three "limited stores" WalMarts later, I just scored a Jabba for me and one for Captain Piet.

I'd love to say that I'll keep an eye out for other folks here but none of my local WalMarts made the "limited stores" list.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 10, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Well....

40 miles out of my way and three "limited stores" WalMarts later, I just scored a Jabba for me and one for Captain Piet.

I'd love to say that I'll keep an eye out for other folks here but none of my local WalMarts made the "limited stores" list.

Yeah, we have one "limited store" within an hour's drive, and I hope to check it again this weekend.  Other than that, I'm hoping for help or for them to show up online again for more than five minutes.  The long trip looking for something that you won't find gets a bit old.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #276 on: September 11, 2010, 01:16 PM »
I really don't think Wal-mart made it's fortune by selling action figures.
As for selling Jabba's on ebay, why not buy them all and send them to people here who still want them. A good deed and all.

Neither do I, though it is the largest toy retailer in the world.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 11, 2010, 02:02 PM »
Uh, Really?

Oh, of course not. JOKING  ;D

I haven't even seen this thing since it first hit weeks ago. I'm not wasting time or gas looking for something I don't even plan to keep. That's twisted.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 11, 2010, 02:43 PM »
Something JTA pointed out that's actually true is that on the SDCC/CV Hasbro slides, the Jabba set is listed for October 2010. We're in September. So maybe once October comes around, Jabba will be getting much larger runs compared to the limited releases we've been seeing so far.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #279 on: September 11, 2010, 05:11 PM »
^ That's what I'm hoping too. That these are just some early releases and he'll be more available next month.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2010, 03:51 PM »
Something JTA pointed out that's actually true is that on the SDCC/CV Hasbro slides, the Jabba set is listed for October 2010. We're in September. So maybe once October comes around, Jabba will be getting much larger runs compared to the limited releases we've been seeing so far.

I thought the place card for Jabba in their display said August release?  Either way - hope you kids can score one in the coming months.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #281 on: September 13, 2010, 02:26 AM »
I'm wagering more may be in the pipeline.  These weren't due out till next month IIRC.  It's a vendors option to order more of an exclusive too, if it does well, so maybe WM will jump at that if more aren't already set for the future?  Either way, patience is a virtue in this hobby, so waiting things out may pay off for many.

That's an excellent point.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2010, 02:25 PM »
This weekend we were near the only Wal-Mart in the immediate area that is supposed to be carrying these, so we drove a little bit further to just check it out.  Thankfully, there was one on the shelf there (and only one), so I grabbed it.  Haven't gotten a chance to open it yet, but I'm very thankful that I was able to find one.  Still hopeful they show up in greater numbers later though, so everyone who wants one can find one.  I was originally thinking about getting two, just because of a couple different displays I have and the original $35ish price, but we'll see now.  With them (currently) being so scarce, I don't want to be taking them away from those who haven't even found one yet (that is, if I ever saw them again too).  Looks to be another nice update from the OT though, and something I hope we continue to see more of in the coming years (still hoping for an all-new Taun Taun).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 15, 2010, 09:24 AM »
I actually just got a shipping notice for that Jabba order.   Surprise.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:26 AM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 15, 2010, 11:50 AM »