Author Topic: Finished my first half marathon!!  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Finished my first half marathon!!
« on: April 11, 2010, 05:43 PM »
I've been training the past couple of months to run a half marathon and completed my goal today!!

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not that big a thing to most, but it is something I've always wanted to do.  My time was 2:32 and was averaging about 11 minutes a mile or so until I got to somewhere around mile 9.  Miles 9-12 I took off and was near a 10 minute mile and then just fell off for the last mile and didn't keep track here, but guess I was near a 12-13 minute mile.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Finished my first half marathon!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Congratulations on an outstanding accomplishment.  A few years ago (probably going on 6 now  :-[ ) I went through an extreme weightloss/fitness cycle.  I got hooked on running and also did a Half-Marathon (leading up to a full marathon).  I know exactly the emotions you are feeling and the sense of pride for completing such a distance.  All I can say is congratulations and keep up the great work!!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Finished my first half marathon!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:04 AM »
Congratulations Chris!  That's a huge accomplishment and one you should be very proud of.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!