Author Topic: Luke Skywalker  (Read 25132 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Skywalker
« Reply #15 on: April 3, 2010, 10:25 AM »
The official heights for certain characters from Lucas Licensing go like this:

Threepio - 5' 6"
Luke - 5' 8"
Vader, Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, Han Solo - 6' 0"

If you're trying to gauge Garrick Hagon's height, here's a picture of him with Jeremy Bulloch and Dave Prowse. I'd say he may be an inch taller than Mark Hamill (who's 5' 8" or 5' 9") but that's it.

By the way, I just bought this Battlepack Luke figure for the definitive, ANH-styled Artoo-Detoo. I used a $5 off coupon courtesy of PlaySaver.com which helped take the sting off. The table accessory is a nice touch but after reviewing Luke, he'll be retiring another figure. I agree with Scott; this one has a little bit of everything to make it the best contemporary update of Vintage Tatooine Luke yet.
Post sober.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 5, 2010, 01:06 PM »
I'm with others here, the Resurgence Luke is pretty much a "definitive" figures of Tatooine Luke and I'd be fine if they kept releasing it throughout the life of the line.  In fact, I do sort of hope we see it single carded in the future, as one of the "refreshes" in future waves.  I don't know that there is much they could do to improve this, unless there would be a cloth "skirt" or softer plastic added to aid in sitting in the landspeeder or something.  But, I'm fine with this figure the way it is.  It seems like it took several times to get get a good likeness on the Tatooine Luke from Hasbro, but I think this one nails it pretty well.

Although I never had a Tatooine Luke as a kid, I was always a fan of the vintage version as well.  I think it is also the most recognizable version of Luke Skywalker to the general public, perhaps aside from X-Wing Luke or something.  Really glad we finally got a more definitive modern version this past year.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2010, 03:46 PM »
That's interesting about Hagon, thanks MisterPL.  That makes his X-Wing figure absurdly tall.

Maybe I should cobble together one out of an X-Wing Luke or something.  In the cut footage from ANH (that was put back in) when Luke and Biggs are in the hangar together, they look pretty equal in height, so that was what had me thinking Hagon wasn't that tall either.

My beef with Resurgence Luke as far as "definitive" goes, is the color patterns they went with.  I think the shirt's too off, and something about his hair color bothers me as well, though the shirt could just be throwing me off a lot more than I'm thinking.  I'd dig seeing it re-released on a card but with a whiter shirt, maybe a tweak for hooking his saber on his belt or something?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 5, 2010, 06:34 PM »
I just replaced floppy hat Luke with resurgence Luke in my Vintage/modern Dio. Kept the VOTC one out because it was too bulky with the cloth shirt.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: April 7, 2010, 02:46 PM »
I still need the resurgence Luke but i cant bring myself to buy the battlepack just for him.
I think it is more than worth it...the R2 and extra Ben, plus the table and different Holo Leia.  Plus this Luke, you can't beat it

Ok you convinced me  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #20 on: April 9, 2010, 09:56 PM »
My only complaints on the Resurgence Luke are the legs could have been a little thicker with a foot peg hole outside of those minor elements he is perfect.

Looking at the POTF2 era figures cracks me up they all have meat palm hands and look like bad Chinese knock offs. (The $1.00 Store Knock offs mind you since all of this crap is cheap Chinese goods.) what a long way sculpting has come. I personally am very satisfied and feel like any improvement from here on out only adds to the perfection.
Nice job Hasbro! (On this one.....)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 05:12 PM »
I have yet to acquire C9 vintage Luke with both hair colours. I have one, but it leans horribly to one side and can't stand on its own. I checked out that Resurgence Battle Pack and am really considering looking for it on the bay. Both R2 and Luke look really, really good and I need modern versions of both characters.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 12:30 AM »
vintage Luke Skywalker was my first star wars action figure, I got the blond version, as I played a lot with this figure it became a bit weary, maybe someday I pic the brown hair version on brian toys.