Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 249411 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Thanks guys. I subscribe to showtime for Californication and then unsubscribe when the season is over. Will do the same for this.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2013, 08:54 AM »
Nothing related to season 3, but certainly a bit of fun for fans of both Game of Thrones AND Star Wars...

.Jaime Lannister vs. Eddard Stark Lightsaber Duel +John Williams Score .
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2013, 12:41 PM »
Guess I will turn HBO back on. I do it for this and Boardwalk Empire.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2013, 11:11 AM »
As we get ready to roll into Season 3, which will cover about half of the events of A Storm Of Swords, we get a glimpse into the possibility of what may happen with Game of Thrones if the series catches up to or passes the books

It's definitely something that I think a lot of fans of both the books and the television series might be sensitive to.  The series is coming up on the events of Book 3, and George R.R. Martin only published book 5 in the Spring of 2011.  Given the span of time between the release of the previous books, it seems entirely plausible that the HBO series could actually catch up to Martin's A Song of Ice & Fire novels before he's able to publish The Winds of Winter (book 6) and the seventh volume in the series.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2013, 11:43 AM »
For Nick and any of you other NYC people that like GoT:

The Game of Thrones Exhibition will be in NYC from 3/28-4/3 at 3 W. 57th St (between 5th and 6th Avenue) and open to the public.  Admission is FREE.

I am definitely going to try and catch this!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2013, 01:48 PM »
Hope I can make it there.  I saw some of the pics from the exhibition in Toronto, and it looked pretty cool.  Plus, the actress who plays Ygritte was there, too!!!!

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2013, 11:12 AM »
Season Premiere tonight...can't wait!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2013, 02:30 PM »
The DVR is set, and I can't wait to see the season 3 premiere tonight!  Considering where season 2 left off, I wonder if tonight's episode will kick off with the Night's Watch?

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2013, 07:35 PM »
Hope I can make it there. 

Me, too.  I have yet to go, but I've been by it during the afternoon and the line was all the way down the block.  I suppose it's best to go early or take the day off.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 1, 2013, 08:07 AM »
Boobies, blood, nipple slicing, giants, dive bombing for fish dragons, nasty ass scorpions with skulls on their tails, Mance, Giantsbane and the return of Ser Selmy. Loved every ******* minute of it.

I watched GoT live and then watched WD on DVR.  GoT blew WD out of the water.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 1, 2013, 11:03 AM »
Nice start to the season!  Although I was really hopeful that we would have seen the Night's Watch fighting the White Walkers on the Fist of the First Men.

Feedback

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 1, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Nice start to the season!  Although I was really hopeful that we would have seen the Night's Watch fighting the White Walkers on the Fist of the First Men.

This.

I was very disappointed that they just skipped over such an epic battle.  Maybe we'll get parts in flashback?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #177 on: April 1, 2013, 01:45 PM »
I'm guessing budget restrictions.  Same reason we never see any of Rob's battles play out... only the aftermaths.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #178 on: April 1, 2013, 01:53 PM »
Agreed with Bill...I made comment last year that the budget really showed in the Blackwater battle and there is obvious reasons why they couldn't do more here (time and money)

It has been about 5-6 years now since I read Books 1-3. I really should reread them as I have real recollection of where we are going the year other than the finale.  I remember lots of Arya trompsing around the country and Jon Snow knowing nothing

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 1, 2013, 06:56 PM »
I suppose that final scene in the season 2 finale was meant to stand in for the onslaught of White Walkers and the Whites against the Watch.  Still, it's disappointing to not see that in the show.  Game of Thrones seems to be doing very well for HBO, but given the network's business model I don't know if increased viewership would lead to budget increases like on a successful network program.

I'm also a little puzzled by the developments in Astapor with Dany.  I recall that Ser Barristan Selmy had disguised himself for some time as "Arstan Whitebeard" in the book, and had been accompanied by Strong Belwas.  However, I think the disguised Ser Barristan worked far better in the book than it does on screen.  A beard and a cloak don't really serve as much of a disguise for the viewing audience.

I was also surprised to see the Giants come to fruition north of The Wall.  I had thought that was something the show runners might try to work around, but was surprised they included them.

I suspect we'll see what the Stark children (other than Sansa) are up to next week.

Feedback