Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 250023 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 11:56 AM »
Absolutely loving this show...it is so well done it isn't even funny.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 03:26 PM »
I have to catch up.  Sundays are hell at Diane's since we're trying to get everything done for the week since she's pretty busy all week, and so our TV watching is really hard to do that day.  I'm going to watch them on in-demand here in a mini-marathon because I've missed quite a few so far.

I still liked episode 1 though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 05:08 PM »
I've made it through 2 episodes, and really like it.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2011, 06:57 PM »
It's been great so far, I hate knowing whats going to happen to some of these characters though
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 02:24 PM »
I'm finally in on this...knew I was interested but couldn't quite catch it when it was on.  Couldn't sleep last night, and had taken the morning off so I caught up through episode 5 with On Demand.  Will watch ep. 6 tonight and then I think I'm up to full speed. 

Excellent ride so far. 
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 09:59 PM »
So....

I tried signing up for HBO GO so that I could check out next week's episode of Game Of Thrones early.  As an HBO subscriber it's a free service that you get as part of your subscription.  But of course, my cable provider isn't participating.  I know that Direct TV is participating, so if you subscribe to HBO on that service you can use HBO GO.  But I'm really not all that keen on signing up with them since their service is subject to weather outages.

This week's episode was pretty good.  And the tension in the series is building, although somewhat predictably.  I have to wonder how things are building along the plotline of King Robert's bastard sons and the final scene with Ned Stark going through the records of the Baratheon family lineage.  Although it does seem that the Baratheon/Lannister marriage may not have yielded a true heir.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:03 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 09:43 PM »
I've been caught up as of Tuesday night late, and I'd have to say thanks to Scott for getting me into the series.  The midget is the best...  He's the Al Swaringin of this show.

The way-too-old-suckling really freaked me the f out though.

My only complaint, if I had one, is that I'd like something less "Earthy" and more "Middle-Earthy" than this world's setting.  Just a preference...  I'm a big Tolkien geek so I'm set in my ways there.  It's not souring me at all though.

I loved building Lego castles as a kid...  It was my favorite Lego "theme" at the time, and I loved building them less in a "realistic" setting and more in the fantasy concept of dragons, Orcs, Trolls, Elves, Dwarves, etc.  This kinda stuff would've inspired me for hours to make these places out of Lego bricks, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2011, 11:58 PM »
Yeah the magic here is slight...what he has included is a mix of zombies, dragons and multiple Gods that they never really delve into too much just here and there.  Sort of a jumble of modern magic, greek myths and dragons.  There are some things in later books which much more touch on the zombies and dragons ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2011, 12:13 AM »
There was definitely some foreshadowing in the most recent episode when Daneyreus was handling the hot egg.  It was SO blatant, especially when she didn't get hurt but her servant did.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 09:17 AM »
I guess todays Teefury.com shirt is based on this show - I don't know anything about the show but I thought I would share:

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2011, 11:20 PM »
The last 5 minutes of tonights episode was some of the best TV I've seen in many years...phenomenal

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2011, 11:36 PM »
I won't get to watch till into the week sometime, but I'm intrigued.  I thought last week's episode was great.  I hope the "dance instructor" is fine....  Without seeing his demise I'm betting he is, but he's too badass to go out like that to some bitch from the Lannister thug camp.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2011, 12:01 AM »
I frickin' LOVE every second that Tyrion Lannister is on the screen.  Dude is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.  "Less detrimental to the war effort!"
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2011, 08:58 AM »
holy schneikies last night's episode knocked me for a loop. 

I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the books and read them all through this summer.  I'm eager to know what happens, but at the same time I'm really enjoying watching the story unfold on the screen.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2011, 10:58 AM »
Next week should be epic.

The books are fantastic, but I think I'd like watching the shows spoiler-free if I had the choice.  It'd be more fun to be caught off-guard by the insane **** that goes down.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj