Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 249436 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #480 on: January 16, 2015, 04:00 PM »
http://www.imax.com/community/blog/game-of-thrones-in-imax-participating-theatres/

I'm gonna see it at the Waterfront.  Tickets ordered.   ;D

Though I much more like the AMC poster.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 12, 2015, 09:16 AM »
Season 5 kicks off tonight.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a little torn.  The series has been diverging from the books more and more.  And following the non-book events of the Hound's duel with Brienne of Tarth, I really don't know what to expect with the HBO series.  Especially since it seems very likely that the series will pass the novels.  I am looking forward to seeing Dorne and the Sand Snakes, but I'm also curious about how that storyline may differ from the books.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 12, 2015, 04:26 PM »
I read that the first four or five episodes of this season have leaked out. Now the spoiler dodging game becomes much more difficult.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 12, 2015, 07:51 PM »
That probably came from a press screener.  When shows launch it's common practice to give the media DVD/Blu Ray screeners or access to a private website with the first few episodes. The fact that 4 episodes leaked is the giveaway in this case. And I bet HBO is going to find out who leaked these episodes and sue their ass.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 13, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Good stuff last night. I liked seeing Winterfell in the opening no longer as smoking ruins.

Soo...

Is Varys done now at King's Landing? It would seem his absence coupled with Tyrion's would pretty much implicate him. I know he was mentioned briefly at court last night but it seems unclear at this point what is known/suspected. Kinda wonder the same about Littlefinger.

Did they re-cast the actor who played the Queen's prissy cousin or whatever? Sparrow boy looked a lot beefier...hard to believe it was just the haircut.

It's never a good sign if the red Lady asks if you're a virgin. Watch out, John!

I'm glad someone still remembers the Boltons treachery too. I live for the day when those shitbags get their reckoning, along with the Freys.

So what are they going to do with all the wildlings now? Sounds like Stannis had a good plan, hope there is a Plan B.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #485 on: April 13, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Thought last night was a good starting point.  As a book reader, it's going to be interesting to see how things start to diverge... kinda like the Walking Dead, we've already had some familiar characters doing familiar things, but not exactly in the right places or order. ;)

It'll be interesting to see where they take Pod/Brienne at this point. Same for Jaime (who looks like he's heading to Dorne based on the previews).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 13, 2015, 11:18 AM »
But...but...but...

What about Ser Arys Oakheart?!?!?

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 13, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Good stuff last night. I liked seeing Winterfell in the opening no longer as smoking ruins.

Yeah, but it had the Bolton sigil on it.  *******.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 19, 2015, 10:10 PM »
Is it me or are there just too many story lines running concurrently? I knew it was bound to happen but every story is stretched so thin, it's hard to focus on anyone.

Also, I'm having a hard time remembering what I've read, what I haven't read, and what's happened so far  ;D. I've got about 1/3 of a Dance with Dragons to finish reading!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 20, 2015, 09:58 AM »
Who was the fourth name Arya kept reciting? I got Cersei, the Mountain, and Walter Frey, but I could never make out the last one. LOVED seeing Jaqen again...dude is one of my favorite actors in the whole show.

Interesting turn of events for John.  Can't imagine Ser Allister is going to be much fun to be around whether he is in charge or not. Still would have loved to see him take the offer and become John Stark, Lord of Winterfell though.

I'm sure fans were happy to see Bronn again too. He and Jamie are gonna be like Tango and Cash, medieval style!

I loved seeing Cersei's uncle dissing her too...guy's got a point. WTF is Tommen doing all day anyway?

Not sure I followed why the sudden need to kill Brienne at the tavern. Just didn't want her following them?

Agreed there is a lot going on right now. The stuff in Mereen really seems to drag. (apart from the 5 seconds of Drogon) Man, it was stupid to execute that guy. What happened to his fair trial?

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #490 on: April 20, 2015, 10:24 AM »
Who was the fourth name Arya kept reciting?

Meryn Trant.  D-bag Kingsguard Knight.  She blames him for the death of her dancing master - Syrio.

I'm sure fans were happy to see Bronn again too. He and Jamie are gonna be like Tango and Cash, medieval style!

I was excited to see that too because it's all-new, not from the books stuff.  Can't wait to see where they take that.  Hoping it's not just them replacing book characters on a particular mission but will actually be something new/different.

Not sure I followed why the sudden need to kill Brienne at the tavern. Just didn't want her following them?

Probably didn't want her running around telling everyone "Littlefinger's got Sansa!!"  Sansa is still suspected for her part in Joffrey's death after all... probably not good for Littlefinger if folks found out he's harboring her.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #491 on: April 21, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Yeah Sansa's hair color was changed, so clearly Littlefinger is wanting to keep her hidden for the most part in his travels.  He wanted Brienne dead.  He's not a loose strings kinda guy.

I watched the Chaos is a Ladder speech prior to watching the first episode of the new season.  My fav speech on the show maybe. :)

Good episode...  Didn't delve into Dorn a lot, but was interesting to see where that's headed.  Dr. Bashir seems like a good guy so I won't expect him to survive long.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 22, 2015, 12:30 AM »
Good episode...  Didn't delve into Dorn a lot, but was interesting to see where that's headed.  Dr. Bashir seems like a good guy so I won't expect him to survive long.

Not just a good guy - a good guy in a wheel chair - might as well say he's dead already...  ;)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 22, 2015, 06:50 AM »
Prince Doran Martell is a serious player in the Seven Kingdoms.  And the Dornish part of the story is going to get pretty good.  Still, the TV series has started to diverge significantly from the novels in some significant ways and it's left me wondering what's going to happen.  Jaime Lannister didn't go to Dorne in the novels, and I'll leave it at that.  Although more Bronn is certainly a good thing on the TV show.

Speaking of diverging from the novels?  I'm surprised to see Varys continuing to travel with Tyrion.  Again, it's something that didn't happen in the books, and Tyrion actually travelled through Essos with Varys's partner in crime - Illyrio Mopatis, who we only saw in the first season.

The scenes at the Wall were pretty good.  And Jon Snow truly showed his character by turning down Stannis offer to be recognized as Jon Stark, and given the Lordship of Winterfell.  Granted, Stannis doesn't hold the North or Winterfell - Roose Bolton does.  And Stannis needs Jon's help to take control of the North.  It was also cool to see the Night's Watch election process of the 998th Lord Commander.  The process was trimmed down from the books, but it worked very well.  I was glad to see that they got Denys Mallister in there.  And it's always good to have a scene with Maester Aemon.  Sam's speech was great.  Especially when he took Janos Slynt down several pegs for being a coward during the battle for the Wall.  One interesting point?  The conversation between Shireen Baratheon and Gilly.  Notably about Shireens greyscale.  If that wasn't foreshadowing, I don't know what is.

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #494 on: April 22, 2015, 11:30 AM »
Yeah, IIRC from the novels, at this point Jaime went off to rescue Brienne.  Bronn's involvement in the series was essentially over.  So this is all a pretty dramatic divergence.  I have no idea where they're going with Brienne either, thanks to the decision not to include a certain Stark as depicted in the books.

It'll be interesting to see if the series ultimately gets to the same end as the books.  In 2034 when the last book is released...

First two episodes were good.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj