Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 250107 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #615 on: May 15, 2016, 10:26 PM »
Daenerys of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons...

... and ******* bad-ass.   8)

Definitely my favorite episode of the season...   also fully expecting the High Sparrow / Tyrell Army stuff to blow up in their face.... and let the Lannisters walk in and win that whole thing.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #616 on: May 15, 2016, 11:35 PM »
That last scene was absolutely bad ass...I was thinking the dragon was going to burst through the ceiling but that was so much better

I told my wife that Sansa and Jon's reunion may be the nicest moment in the shows history

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 16, 2016, 07:44 AM »
Always have to remember that Targaryen house motto:  FIRE AND BLOOD!  You had to know that Dany was not going to suffer slights from the Dothraki for long.  But I just DID NOT see that coming.  And that's one of the great things about this season.  Because the element of surprise is back and it gave the fire in that Dothraki tent so much more impact.

It looks like Jaime and Cersei are trying to play the Game of Thrones together, by using the Tyrells to take down the High Sparrow and the Faith Militant.  And I have to suspect that this may make the situation in Kings Landing ideal for Dany to finally cross the Narrow Sea.

Good to see Littlefinger back in the mix, too.  He's got Robin Arryn wrapped around his finger, ready to throw ANYONE through the Moon Door.  But the upside seems to be that he's sending Lord Royce north with the Knights of the Vale to help the Starks.  And they're going to need it against that bastard Ramsay Bolton!  I really thought that Osha might have had the drop on him, but it looks like he was wise to a possible plot as soon as Rickon and Osha arrived at Winterfell.

The reunion of Jon and Sansa was absolutely one of the most heartwarming moments we've had in the series in quite some time.  Especially after all the hell that they've both been through.  Jon seems fully prepared to leave the Watch, even though they probably need him more now than ever before.  He's even got a full Stark kit on now, too.  I have to wonder if Jon, Tormund and their 2,000 wildlings plus Lord Royce's Vale knights can take down the Boltons.  I suspect we're going to be looking at a great battle for the North!

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 16, 2016, 09:37 AM »
Tormund giving Brienne the eye was hilarious.  :D

So what was the secret the High Sparrow told Tommen that he went right ahead and told Cersei? I'm guessing it was something to the effect of "don't try anything with Margaery or I'll paint the streets red with her blood".

That's the only end game I really see for Cersei there, provoking the Faith Militant into killing the Queen. It's not like she is going to somehow kill the whole Tyrell army off once they are in the city. That would be stupid anyway since they need them right now. I would be disappointed if the Queen of Thorns got outsmarted by Cersei though. She's too sharp for that.

The Dothraki stuff was all kinds of awesome especially since it managed to redeem a storyline that had grown tiresome already. If only they could do likewise with the stuff in Mereen. Everyone seems to agree Tyrion is being a jackass with his 7 year plan, and I can't disagree. He's just going to end up pissing everyone off. Even more.

John and Sansa was a nice consolation prize for Stark fans. Sad to see John leaving LongClaw behind though. :(

Yay, Littlefinger sighting. Is he really serious about sending the knights of the Vale north though? I can never believe anything that comes out of that dude's mouth.

RIP Osha/Tonks.  :'(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 16, 2016, 11:02 AM »
The Dothraki stuff was all kinds of awesome especially since it managed to redeem a storyline that had grown tiresome already. If only they could do likewise with the stuff in Mereen. Everyone seems to agree Tyrion is being a jackass with his 7 year plan, and I can't disagree. He's just going to end up pissing everyone off. Even more.

I'll be really interested to see where the Mereen story line ends up at the end of the season.  They've invested a lot of time in to this and it really doesn't seem important or interesting.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 16, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Tyrion really managed to piss off both Grey Worm and Missandei, along with a good number of the freed slaves of Meereen in the course of his negotiations.  But he's in a tough spot.  He needs to buy time for Dany to consolidate her forces if she's going to make a play to go to Westeros.

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #621 on: May 16, 2016, 11:39 AM »
Now that Dany has all the Dothraki behind her, I wanna see her roll through Slaver's Bay and raze the whole region.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 19, 2016, 09:26 AM »
I don't know if Dany is really all that set to revisit her enemies in Slaver's Bay.  With the Dothraki behind her, I could see her set her eyes on Westeros instead.

There's one scene from last week that seems to have flown under the radar. That being Brienne's conversation with Davos and Melisandre. I know they're at the Wall, and it's cold there. But that conversation was ICE COLD. Especially when she was talking about how Renly was killed by blood magic while staring down Melisandre. And it was just as harsh to see her talk about executing Stannis to Davos, who had been loyal to him despite Stannis's rigidity. While it's good to see some like-minded people finally coming together around Jon Snow and Sansa Stark, it's clearly not going to be all lovey-dovey.  On top of all of that the conversation between Davos and Melisandre about Shireen? Ugh. This show can really knock the wind out of you.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 19, 2016, 11:04 AM »
It seems like everyone is rallying behind Jon Snow, so I think a lot of that conflict will be secondary. 

The only potential issue might be between Brienne and Melisandre about the killing of Renly.  I get the feeling that Brienne already knows what happened and that Melisandre is partly responsible.  It also seems that Davos might ultimately get pissed about her killing Shireen.  Given the current state of affairs I'm just not sure either Brienne or Davos is going to go after Melisandre though. 

Has Davos even killed anyone yet?  Not too many characters in this story can say that.  I'm not sure he would do anything even if Melisandre admitted to killing Shireen.  And Brienne may feel satisfied enough with her revenge on Stannis that she won't mess with Melisandre.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #624 on: May 19, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Yeah I don't think Davos has killed anyone.  He's always just there, talking.  One of the more "purely good" characters.  I'm amazed he's lasted this long.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 23, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Hodor?  And Summer?  Along with the Children of the forest?   This is getting bleak. 

I'm also shocked by the origins of the a White Walkers. 

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #626 on: May 24, 2016, 12:21 AM »
Broke my heart catching up with this tonight.   :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 24, 2016, 08:36 AM »
I'm also shocked by the origins of the a White Walkers.

I don't know if their origin will matter later but I thought this was kind of dumb.  I really don't care for origin stories that don't add anything to the story line, and this seemed a little nonsensical.  Sure its kind of neat to know, but who cares if the Children of the Forest created them, if they were created by a red priestess, or if they've just always been.  In my opinion it really doesn't matter and adds more connections to an already complicated story line.

We don't need a backstory on where the dragon eggs came from, why there are white walkers, why Jamie and Cersei are in to each other, how the Knight's Watch built such an impossibly high wall, etc.  Just tell me a story and I'll accept some facts without knowing the reasons.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 24, 2016, 08:44 AM »
I think it's interesting because it's at the heart of some of the most ancient conflicts in Westeros.  The Children of the Forest created the White Walkers to fight the incursion of the First Men.  From there it seems that the White Walkers became a threat to everyone:  the First Men, the Children of the Forest, and whoever else got in their way.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:55 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 24, 2016, 10:29 AM »
Are they a big part of the books?  I haven't read the books, but so far they seem like a minor footnote in the TV series.