Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A Game of Thrones (HBO)

<< < (171/189) > >>

McMetal:
It's plausible that the ancient spells carved into the foundation of the Wall were negated when the NK marked Bran in his vision. Similar to how he was able to get into the Tree and kill the 3 eyed Raven.

I think NK's backup plan probably had to do with freezing the sea next to the Wall and just walking around it. That was what a lot of people were speculating was going to happen early on because of how the topography in the opening credits has changed over time.

Another good theory I have read is that the NK is part of a time loop with Bran and they both are either the same person or some kind of opposite/mirror images and he already knew what was going to happen with the dragons and all way ahead of time. At least that would explain having those giant iron chains hanging around so conveniently.

I definitely agree the show has changed markedly over the years. The pace was much better when they had the books as a blueprint. Once they got past that point it seemed like they were just in a mad rush to move things along. They could have stretched these last 13 episodes into 3-4 seasons easily. I don't understand the rush, I would think given the awesome ratings that would want to stretch it out as long as they could.

Dave:

--- Quote from: McMetal on August 31, 2017, 08:14 AM ---I definitely agree the show has changed markedly over the years. The pace was much better when they had the books as a blueprint. Once they got past that point it seemed like they were just in a mad rush to move things along. They could have stretched these last 13 episodes into 3-4 seasons easily. I don't understand the rush, I would think given the awesome ratings that would want to stretch it out as long as they could.

--- End quote ---

I think most of the rush is probably based on some of the actors (Emilia Clark) not having an interest in continuing this series.

BillCable:
Yeah - they already get paid pretty well.  Renegotiations at this point would be very expensive.  I would have preferred two 10-episode, balanced seasons to close it out.   But they're probably compressing it to 13 over 2 seasons to abide by whatever's already contracted.  The original plan was 7 seasons, IIRC.

I don't think the writing is suffering because they don't have the books anymore.  Season 6 extended beyond the books and was genuinely fantastic.  Even the beginning of Season 7 was very strong.  There have just been a handful of genuinely bad decisions to close out Season 7... and my feeling is that they're all of the sort of "We want to show X because it'll be super cool looking - let's work backwards and make that happen."

Scott:
Beyond pumped for April, what a year to be a geek

I honestly don’t care if GRR ever finishes the books any more

McMetal:
The new trailer looks crazy. I don't want to know what would terrify Arya like that... ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version