Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 249967 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #885 on: April 23, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Well, it should be interesting if/when the Night King comes to King's Landing.  Since The Mountain is already reanimated, I'm sure he'll be easy to turn against Cersei.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #886 on: April 23, 2019, 10:52 AM »

It was fun rewatching the previous seasons the last month or so and noticing how many times we are reminded that Ned's bones were returned home to the crypt of Winterfell. Nah, that's not going to be a plot point...

My pet theory is that the dead will be reanimated, but because of enchantments placed on the crypt long ago, they will fight for the living, not against them. Ned  vs Night King, anyone?

Not going to be much use without his head....which is on a pike at King's Landing.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #887 on: April 23, 2019, 12:03 PM »
RE: The Crypts of Winterfell

I'm expecting more from the crypts.  I'm going to be disappointed if all the dead Starks in the crypts rise and kill people inside the crypts.  Winterfell was built by Brandon the Builder, the guy who helped build the big-ass giant magic Wall (with help from Giants and the Children of the forest). 

Since he built Winterfell AFTER the Long Night and building the Wall, I'm guessing/hoping he was smart enough to put some magic into walls of Winterfell as well?  Seems to me that a guy who fought the dead during the long night wouldn't have started a tradition of burying his family's dead in crypts under his house (and especially wouldn't have started a tradition of arming those dead bodies by placing swords on their crypts) unless he had some protection plan in place.

Maybe I'm expecting more after all the hints in the show and books about Winterfell being older and different from the other castles in Westeros. 

Then again, maybe Bran the Builder was just dumb and built an army reserve for his enemy underneath his house.  In that case, anyone who is dumb enough to hide with dead bodies during a war with the dead kinda deserves to die.  We'll see, I guess.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #888 on: April 24, 2019, 07:13 AM »
Anybody else think Bran the Builder is Bran the cripple?  Being unbound by time, I could see him travelling back and possessing his ancestor to make sure he sets things up properly to ensure victory.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 24, 2019, 08:13 AM »
That thought has crossed my mind more than once.  His ability to go back in time to possess Hodor in his youth made it perfectly clear that he could do that.  And that could be part of the reason why the Night King is seeking him out specifically.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 28, 2019, 04:39 PM »
As long as Jon and Arya are left standing at the end tonight, I can deal with everyone else. I think.  :P  :-X :-\
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 28, 2019, 09:42 PM »
As long as Jon and Arya are left standing at the end tonight, I can deal with everyone else. I think.  :P  :-X :-\

If Ghost bites it you'll be an emotional wreck!  :D

So will I.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 28, 2019, 11:04 PM »
Holy crap!

Lyanna so ******* badass.

Arya just...wow.

I’m watching it again after in 5 minutes.  :D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 28, 2019, 11:30 PM »
Not sure how they’re going to conquer Kong’s landing with no troops. I suppose they’ve got at least one dragon left.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 29, 2019, 12:31 AM »
Kong’s Landing, lol.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 29, 2019, 07:48 AM »
Stupid fat fingers...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2019, 10:06 AM »
I am happy to report both dragons are alive and well....as is GHOST!  :D

All three are shown in scenes from the next episode.

I watched again closely a second time last night and it looks like Gendry and Grey Worm both made it through ok too. Kinda lost track of those guys for awhile.

Not sure about Gilly and Little Sam  :-\

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 29, 2019, 10:16 AM »
A few questions I had from last night's episode:
- Anybody have any speculation as to what Bran was doing with the ravens?
- I couldn't exactly follow all the visuals, but the one that kept coming back to me as maybe important was with John riding on his dragon there were images of a tree line that seemed to show troops moving in a line.  I couldn't tell if this was troops coming to battle or moving south.  Or maybe I just couldn't tell what was going on in the images.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 29, 2019, 10:35 AM »
Not sure about Gilly and Little Sam  :-\

I saw both still standing at the end of the crypt fight. Gilly has been hard for me to recognize this season, what with her new "Southern" hairstyle and real-life pregnancy during filming. And Little Sam is a toddler now, so to see him "standing" at all is always odd for me.

A few questions I had from last night's episode:
- Anybody have any speculation as to what Bran was doing with the ravens?

My take on it was he was trying to draw the Night King out by making it look like he was actively participating in the battle instead of simply acting as bait. (No idea about the other question...these budget-saving obscured battles at night leave me with the feeling if they want me to know something important is happening, they will spell it out in an obvious way.)

Seems the plot armor was a lot stronger than your typical GOT battle. I am kind of disappointed with how by-the-book the battle was and how tame the death toll was for the main cast, or even the b- and c-listers for that matter. The Dothraki charge and its outcome was the only dread-inspiring surprise.

At the same time, I remember the first time I read the scene where Jon fought the wights at Castle Black and rolling my eyes about the fact that we were going the "Zombie" route. It took me a long time to get invested in that storyline at all, but by now I had flopped and considered this to be the main point of the story, so ending with a struggle for the Iron Throne seems almost anticlimactic (even though that's where I always wanted the story to be focused.) I hope there are surprises coming.

(And after two breeches the same way, I think it's time for the Winterfell masons to invest in some giant-proof doors.)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 29, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Hardhome has been the best episode of this series....until last night.

Wow.....just wow!  I loved it!  The shot of the Dothraki charge as seen from the POV of Daenereys and Jon was so cool!  The dragon aerial battle was well shot, I also liked how the front lines were looking into darkness and then the wights would just appear at the last second...so much suspense!

Tyrion and Sansa in the crypts!

Arya FTW!

I'm going to have to rewatch this episode a dozen times or so!
This is the way.

I have spoken.