Author Topic: Sales, Discounts, & Stuff  (Read 16051 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Sales, Discounts, & Stuff
« on: April 12, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Forumite evilanimation scored $4 25th Anniversary figures at Big Lots on the West Coast...  Not sure if this will be nationwide or not, but I plan to check BL tonight at some point and see what's doing out here in the East anyway.

I figured this was also a convenient way to start a sales/discounts thread for GIJ stuff too.  Happy hunting!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Sales, Discounts, & Stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 06:48 PM »
The local store had their $10 line of ROC 12" figs on clearance starting last week.  I didn't notice if the 4" figs were still marked down or not.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:01 PM »
My Targets are still sittng on gobs and gobs of Destros and turtle Vipers with a Baroness thrown in here or there for good measure.  $3.99 ain't helping either.  Nice to see who the true peg warmers are in my area though - now that I actually bothered to take a peek.  Night Ravens are still sitting even at $19.99.  This line needs more fiber in its diet.

Forumite evilanimation scored $4 25th Anniversary figures at Big Lots on the West Coast

I miss stopping by there to check out there odd/KO toy selection from time to time yet I think they're all but extinct in the Twin Cities.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:12 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Thrawn

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:43 AM »
I checked a Big lots near me in Pittsburgh and no 25th stuff

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:12 AM »
HTS is running a "Spring Sale" and there are several Joe things for sale - most notably imo are the exclusive MARS trooper 3 pack for $10 and the Cobra Gunship with Firefly for $15.

While that is good, I just wish there were some awesome discount codes to go along with them.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 09:41 PM »
I got the RAH figures at Big Lots tonight...  Saw the same everyone else has (Bazooka Trooper, etc.), and picked up a couple Eels and a Paraviper for parts off both.

GOod times.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 8, 2010, 11:18 PM »
Found all of the figures at Target marked down to $3 something.  I picked up another Ice Viper the other night and then was in there again tonight and found, on a back shelf, three huge bins of ROC figures all for that clearance price, with clearance stickers.  Not much variety, though.

Snake Eyes w/ wolf and SE Commando, two versions of SS (City Strike and masked), Duke, Scarlett, Cobra Commander and Ice Viper.  That's it.  None of the other Joe characters, no army builders or anything.  I did pick up two more Ice Vipers though.  I almost bought more but didn't, for now.

Too bad they didn't have a stash of Pit Commandos or a larger selection of Joe characters luke Shipwreck or Breaker, I might have picked them up for cheap.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2010, 02:36 AM »
Stopped at a K-Mart and they had a lot of the bronze colored set on clearance.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2010, 02:38 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2010, 03:15 PM »
My K-Mart had a lot of that boxed set on clearnace also, for $12.  But this week they have an additional 50% off all clearance items so it's only $6.  I passed on it, though.

I did find some other cool items.  First, at Big Lots, I picked up a Bazooka Trooper, Cobra Paratrooper and pilot Scarlett (in blue outfit) for $4 each.  They also had an Airborne and doubles of Matt Trakker and Zartan.  There were doubles of the three that I bought also. Unfortunately they didn't have something like the Eel.

At Walmart I scored a Night Raven for $10.  It was marked clearnce for $15 but I had a $5 gift card that WM sent out about a week ago.  So, $10. 

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 12:59 AM »
Struck out on my toy run for the EU Star Wars wave but didn't come home empty handed.  I picked up 4 25th Cobra Soldiers at Family Dollar for $3 each.  Snagged a TRU exclusive Arctic Shipwreck and found several figures for $2 clearance at K-Mart.  With the extra 50% off clearance at K-Mart right now I snagged a Helix and reactive armor Heavy Duty for $1 each.

It was still an overall ****** trip.  TRU again let me down.  I stopped in last Wed for the EU figures and they had 4 or 5 cases but the EU figs were gone and only Luke and the others were left.  I called on Friday, "nope, no new SW today."  Called Monday.  "No, no new Star Wars."  Went again today and found that they'd gotten 2 or 3 new cases sometime between last Wed and today.  There are 7 each of Luke, R2, Chewie and Obi-Wan on the pegs there.  Great job on the case assortments, Hasbro.  And thank you Horseheads, NY TRU store for reaffirming what I've unfortunately experienced for 15 years; stores can not, will not and/or are incapable of actually "helping" customers.  I've had retail jobs and if I had such a complete lack of knowledge about the stock I was responsible for I never would have been able to stay employed.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 2, 2010, 01:28 AM »
Looks like Target is ready to dump the rest of the ROC stuff.  The Bravo vehicles and the $10 exclusive figure/vehicle sets were all 30% off last night.

The Alpha vehicles were already marked down.  The Night Raven had been $19.99 for a few weeks, and didn't sell locally, but I didn't see any clearance price on it.

The basic figures are gone and the role play Snake Eyes set was already marked for clearance.  I don't think those rip-attack vehicles were marked down and neither was the Breaker radio/camera headset thing.

I'm debating buying the Steel Crusher and Cobra Gunships on the shelf but I'd really like them to get one more markdown before doing that.  I can pass on the SC, though, but I do kind of want the Gunship so I may not hold out on that too long.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Found the Target exclusive fig/vehicles for $4.98 and the Gunship/Steel Crusher were $12.48...50% off, in other words.  I snagged another Snake Armor, the Joe flight pod and the Cobra Gunship. I almost got the Steel Crusher also but passed for now.  I may stop back again tomorrow.

I didn't see a price on the Night Raven and didn't scan it.  I already picked one of those up for $10 at WM so I didn't need it.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 09:29 PM »
My Target was in the midst of doing a 75% off clearance today, but didn't have time to hang around.  Going to return my A-Team van for a $6 version though and will probably pick up a Gunship tomorrow, but can't decide on which Firefly version to buy.

Night Ravens aren't on clearance which doesn't make a lot of sense, but I got one like you did Eric for $10 at Kmart months ago (as well as a $25 PITT) - mainly for the repainted pilot and the big ass playset.  Got a vinty Raven from a local though last month so it might be nice to have the new crappy version just for comparison sakes.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 5, 2010, 09:11 AM »
I'm not a Joe collector, so I don't venture into this part of the board much.  But I have to share.  I was at my local Wally this morning to see if they put out any of the new Vintage SW.  They looked like they were doing a reset on the whole toy section and had lots of stuff moved over near electronics on "clearance".  They had red stickers on about a half dozen GI Joe figures (they were the brunette in the black body suit and a blonde in urban camo).  They were marked at $9.88.  I'm pretty sure I could have bought these on non-clearance last week for like $6, right?  Oh Wal-Mart.....
I am not the Stig