Author Topic: Kenobi 7, Jango Fett 6  (Read 2003 times)

Jango Fettish

Kenobi 7, Jango Fett 6
« on: July 18, 2003, 11:44 PM »
It's official.

Everyone thats ever complained about how many Jango Fett figures there are can "officially" put a sock in it.

Outlander Club Obi Wan makes for his SEVENTH figure in a little over a years time.

Clone Wars Anakin also makes for his SEVENTH figure in a little over a years time.

Just thought I'd pass that along to all the haters.  8)

And yes I do realize that Clone Wars Kenobi *shouldn't* count, but instead of opting to rehash an old one, they made a new sculpt. So, I decided to count it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 12:03 AM by Jango Fettish »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Kenobi 7, Jango Fett 6
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 02:12 AM »
I'm still waiting for an ultimate Jango, with lots of articulation and no action features. And of course a removeable helmet, missle and two jetpacks. Maybe they could even base him off the video game and throw in a sniper rifle and some grenades...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 02:46 PM »
I'm still waiting for an ultimate Jango, with lots of articulation and no action features. And of course a removeable helmet, missle and two jetpacks. Maybe they could even base him off the video game and throw in a sniper rifle and some grenades...

Great ideas there Lando you Scoundrel...

...as for the abundance of Obi Wan figures, the only problem I have is with the ones that suck...which most of them do.  The Coruscant Chase, Acklay, and Pilot ones all really suck I think, so we really do need a well rounded one.  I think the Outlander Club version looks excellent and can't wait for it to come out.  Count me in for at least two of them to open.

:P

Virex

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 03:08 PM »
They could make another twenty Obi-Wan figures in a row; wouldn't change the fact that Jango's a **** character.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 03:44 PM »
For fans of AOTC, there would be no Episode 2 w/o Jango, actually. The movie would stop right after opening crawl, because there wouldn't have been the subcontraction of Zam by Jango, no assassination attempt on Padme by Zam, who was subcontracted by Jango, no droid for Kenobi to follow to find Zam, no saber dart by which to discover where the clones are, yadda yadda yadda.

Had it not been Jango Fett, it would have been som other Mandalorian Warrior or Bounty Hunter, so why not make him both the clone template and Boba's father. That way you kill two birds with one stones, shed light on Boba's past, and acknowledge Boba's EU backstory that he came from a great line of Mandalorian Warriors.

I guess it's all am atter of opinion as to weither or not he was a fun character, however he was pivotal in the movie, as well as Episode 3.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 08:18 PM »
Blah, blah, blah.  Jango Schmango.  I agree with Lando.  Just give us one ultimate Jango figure, with all the fixings, and BE DONE WITH IT!

I'm still having a hard time understanding the KE Jango reissue when he's still warming the pegs on his Saga card everywhere!  What's the deal with that?  Stuff like the MOTDS Maul and Vader make perfect sense for a reissue, and I can even understand the rereleasing of some of the older OT heroes that haven't been out in a while.  But the same Jango that we JUST got?  Who the hell cares for another one of those already?  I just don't get it.   ???

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 06:09 PM »
Yeah I am not sure why they reissued that Jango either.  Now, I like the Jango character just fine in the film.  So, that's cool with me.  But yeah I thought there were plenty of KE Jango's to go around the first time as well.  I don't remember people saying it was hard to get.  

Maybe they feel they need to have a popular figure like Jango for the retailers to buy?  I have no idea really.  I never did see that Deluxe Kamino Kenobi/Jango sets with the pillars though.