Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: R5-D4
« Reply #15 on: February 6, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I couldn't tell by Scum's photo.  Thanks Jayson, as I see it now.  It's nowhere near where it needs to be in terms of grime though, so I'll stick with the last one as my R5.  Plus the motivator is still fun, if not a little annoying when you want the head turned but no motivator jutting out.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 7, 2011, 12:52 AM »
The newer one just looks cheap to me, like some kind of Happy Meal toy. I know it reuses the BAD parts and easily comes apart so maybe that's why. Honestly I bet we get a "redone" R5-D4 in a few years since they redid the R2-D2 mold (and it's a fine mold, IMO, although I would like to see some slight mods for a "normal" rerelease).

But yeah, I'm sticking with the 2006 version.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 7, 2011, 07:08 AM »
This particular droid always ominously reminds me of the dreadful rocket launcing R5 - ughhh. 

The original vintage version was better than that abomination and at least this new rendition isn't 'gimmicky' although all of this is a gimmick.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope