Author Topic: Target "Attack on/Defense of Hoth" Big BPs  (Read 80760 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Target "Attack on/Defense of Hoth" Big BPs
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2010, 12:04 PM »
I picked up two more sets yesterday and the box states they are ok to sell AFTER 10/6. So they should give you no beef about pulling these from the back.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2010, 03:02 PM »
The issue I've found is that if they don't have shelf space, they tend to not want to bring it out because they can't leave the opened case in the back.  So if you're buying a case, it works out, but if you're not then they don't want to (can't?) because it's against the rules they're given (if they can't find shelf space for it).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2010, 03:09 PM »
The issue I've found is that if they don't have shelf space, they tend to not want to bring it out because they can't leave the opened case in the back.  So if you're buying a case, it works out, but if you're not then they don't want to (can't?) because it's against the rules they're given (if they can't find shelf space for it).

I was thinking about this last night actually. I had them crack open a fresh case of the TCW 2-packs for me, and after I took the 2 mintiest ones I wanted, the dude wandered off with the open case and I wondered where he was headed with them because there was no shelf space or tag out whatsoever in the SW section. I assumed he just put them back in the stockroom but maybe not if that is against policy.

I may stop there after work just to see.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Yeah - I was able to get the Geonosis 2-packs and the Clone Wars 2-packs today - so I may head back to that same Target and try to the DPCI trick on these or the exclusive Clone Wars battle packs.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2010, 06:06 PM »
You go, Pete.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2010, 10:35 PM »
Yeah - go me! hehe...

I opened up the Defense of Hoth set just now and it's great. The new laser canon is pretty cool - would have been nice if the dish could have pivoted, but that's only a minor negative.

I'm glad to finally have my hands on the beardless Hoth Rebel Trooper. Considering that they are the exact same paint deco body-wise, it really is crappy that Hasbro just didn't throw this head and head-wrap accessory in with the TLC release.

Hopefully Hasbro will give us a way to army-build this version at some point in the future.

I am definitely leaning towards picking up a second Defense of Hoth BP just to snag the extra playset pieces and the beardless Hoth Trooper.

The build-a-droid repaint is fine, definitely the weakest part of the set IMHO.

I know some people have complained about the value on this set, but I think it's pretty good. These sets could have been in window-box packaging and cost $60 each if Hasbro and Target really wanted to go that route. Thankfully, they kept them sensibly priced at $40 each.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2010, 10:37 PM »
I did end up swinging by the Target after work that I had hit last night and there was no sign of any of those 2-packs to be seen anyplace on the SW aisle. So they must have stashed them someplace, I guess til the endcap goes up. Interesting.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2010, 04:36 AM »
I've been enjoying reading everyone's reviews of these sets, it just encourages me to get my hands on them!  8)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2010, 08:39 AM »
I did end up swinging by the Target after work that I had hit last night and there was no sign of any of those 2-packs to be seen anyplace on the SW aisle. So they must have stashed them someplace, I guess til the endcap goes up. Interesting.

Yeah - the Targets I've gotten stuff at have been DPCI pulls and the only time I didn't take the entire case was with the Clone Wars 2-packs. I left them on a peg that is normally designated for the SW Transformers and when I went back to the same Target later yesterday, they were all still there (minus the one Senate Commando set I had left).

Peter

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Apparently there's a 2-per-customer limit on these.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2010, 04:28 PM »
I picked up the AT-ST set today- I like that the packaging isn't over the top, but it does make it a little harder for a gift giver to see the $40 worth of value-

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2010, 04:29 PM »

That's fine. I'll get a set of each and my wife will pick up an extra Rebel set for me. (That's if I can find them...)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2010, 05:45 PM »

Well thank goodness I already have two of each and all I need now is a second Defense of Hoth opener set.

That would have upset me greatly to have been denied a third Rebel set if I had waited until the 17th.
Peter

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2010, 09:18 PM »
I waltzed into Target today with the DCPI and was able to pick these up.  If only Wal-mart had their **** together like this.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Saw both on the shelves for the first time tonight. Target had done kind of a half-assed reset, none of the TCW exclusives were out, but they had the Vintage packaged vehicles and Big BP's.