Author Topic: Target "Attack on/Defense of Hoth" Big BPs  (Read 80774 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Target "Attack on/Defense of Hoth" Big BPs
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Yeah, they needed to have another trooper.  K-3PO is a mystery, especially when the POTJ still has the most accurate deco.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2010, 01:57 PM »
The real mystery is how they can give K-3PO a figure this good, but for Goldenrod, we get crapped on.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2010, 05:52 PM »
The real mystery is how they can give K-3PO a figure this good, but for Goldenrod, we get crapped on.

No kidding Chewie.  Although my son and I do have fun with the current C-3PO dismantling him and stuff.\, but he needs a ultra accurate sculpt someday.  This would have been a nice way to have put out a Torryn Farr IMO.  Although I would rather have her carded someday. 

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09 PM »
Yeah, they should have gone with a trooper, but choosing K-3PO over an unmade droid is just weird.  It does nothing to get collectors interested in this set like an unmade character would have.  There's even a dark gray 3PO unit in the hangar that they could have gone.  Bad choice, Hasbro. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #79 on: October 5, 2010, 04:23 PM »
Some guys over at Scum found these at retail in several states. DCPI 087-06-2249

Start looking! This is going to be a very expensive month...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: October 5, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Ugh.   :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 5, 2010, 08:56 PM »

I don't think there's Ultimate Galactic Hunt versions of these packs.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 5, 2010, 08:57 PM »

Y'know Jesse if you're tired of things showing up at retail too frequently we've got room for you up here.  The Pemmican is to die for. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: October 5, 2010, 10:47 PM »
Actually I just don't feel like looking for this.  I want it, but the last UBP's they had weren't exactly wildly abundant, nor were the first ones...  I dunno.  I just loathe tracking down stuff at Target sometimes, much like WM other times.  When they get in few of something, which UBP's they tend to, it's a pain in the ass because of the people who use the DPCI's for everything.  Though I do love Target's inventorying system, and generally their stuff's easiest to get.  "I have a bad feeling about this" just washes over me with these sets is all.

BTW, as per  our Front Page Story, these Ultimate Battlepacks for Hoth may have a general date to start looking for them on the shelves as well.  :)  Thanks to our Target Source for that tip.

There are a couple other interesting things making that list.  ???
« Last Edit: October 6, 2010, 02:35 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #84 on: October 6, 2010, 02:03 PM »
I agree, it just isn't worth the hassle.  This is what I was talking about in the "TVC will fail" thread.  Long-time, super collectors just aren't enthused about enough of the product.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 6, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Especially when one of those figures should have been a single-carded released last year. And another is something we already have and don't need another.  :(

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #86 on: October 6, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Personally, I am actually excited these sets. I have been hunting for them calling every local Target the last three days. I really like the new Radar Laser Cannon a lot and all of the repaints included in both sets are solid figures. The Cleaner AT-ST and Snowtroopers are also welcome, I plan on phasing out a large portion my older Snowtroopers for this version. I do hope the Beardless Rebel and AT-ST Driver see single carded releases in the near future. I just wish Tunghori got those two in so I would not have to buy so many sets. As of now, I plan on buying 5 Rebel sets and 3-4 Imperial ones. I will be selling off some Turrets, Radar Dishes, E-Webs, At-ST's and E-3P0's if anyone is just looking for those items. The Value of these sets are really good when you consider the AT-ST was $44 last year alone. I am even looking forward to Geo sets 2 so I hope they pop up soon too.

It seems some guys just lost the loving feeling toward SW's and nothing makes them happy anymore.  No insult intended but I see this attitude across some boards, I do not blame them because the line still seems to be struggling to get it's footing back. My only disappointment with the line overall is the slowdown & long waits between releases for the realistic line. I am ready for new stuff...now!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 6, 2010, 07:09 PM »
I'm actually getting pretty excited for them too.  Hoth army builders for both sides, and an AT-ST and Rebel cannon.  Damn, I'm stoked to find these!  Yeah, K-3PO is kind of a head shaker, but oh well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 6, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Ya I'm looking forward to these sets as well - just not hounding stores trying to find them since I live in the land of Target.   :)  Hope to find a few on clearance as well after the holidays.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 6, 2010, 09:48 PM »
I'm a sucker for anything that will increase my troop numbers, and these will do nicely.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."